• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Privilege Banking on Icici Mine Account

Harshal

TF Buzz
I have opened icici mine savings account in 2021 but from last 2 months when I login to net banking, privilege banking is written on the top left side, before it was written standard banking.

When I spoke to customer care, he said that your mine account has been upgraded to mine titanium account (which is zero balance)

Has anyone been upgraded in this way and what benefits do you get in this upgraded account, share your experience with me

Attachments

• image_picker8588312770236588040.jpg
    image_picker8588312770236588040.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 149

0xfallup

TF Ace
I have opened icici mine savings account in 2021 but from last 2 months when I login to net banking, privilege banking is written on the top left side, before it was written standard banking.

When I spoke to customer care, he said that your mine account has been upgraded to mine titanium account (which is zero balance)

Has anyone been upgraded in this way and what benefits do you get in this upgraded account, share your experience with me
kuch benefits nhi hai ignore

habibmy

TF Premier

According to this https://www.icicibank.com/service-charges/privilege-banking-programme
We will get Free Titanium Privilege Debit Card, my branch is not counting me as a Privilege Customer and is asking me to open Gold Privilege account to get these facilities. I have a saving account with 10k minimum balance, I got upgraded to Privilege Customer on basis of my 3L+ Credit limit on Apay card.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
According to this https://www.icicibank.com/service-charges/privilege-banking-programme
We will get Free Titanium Privilege Debit Card, my branch is not counting me as a Privilege Customer and is asking me to open Gold Privilege account to get these facilities. I have a saving account with 10k minimum balance, I got upgraded to Privilege Customer on basis of my 3L+ Credit limit on Apay card.
ICICI only shows Privilege banking logo to high credit limit customers. But its not actually a Privilege banking. Neither you'll get any benefits of Privilege banking.

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Same thing happened to me i opened my mine account in late 2020 and now when i log in to my acc it says privilege banking i tried asking customer care but they had no clue and ive never maintain any significant amount in this account i only use it to transfer money to my main account

Trust Me

TF Ace
Zero AMB? You need to maintain minimum 1Lakh to maintain privilege account else your account will downgrade.
It's not always 1L. Privilege has different levels. Gold requires just 50k in SB, Silver only 25k.

I get zero AMB through TRV. I've learnt in this forum that Wealth management customers get away without doing even that! I'm surprised ICICI doesn't insist on extracting their pound of flesh! In hope of what?

Last edited:

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You use an ICICI account exclusively for money transfer, -- the most irritating procedure there is amongst all banks?!!!
I don't know ur experience with icici but my experience was great with icici its customer support works like a charm ur call connect within seconds they solve ur problems in mins and their deposit machines are the best.

Trust Me

TF Ace
I don't know ur experience with icici but my experience was great with icici its customer support works like a charm ur call connect within seconds they solve ur problems in mins and their deposit machines are the best.

I strongly beg to differ on all counts (except about deposit machines which I've never used)! I can fill pages if I'm to write about my sad experiences with ICICI.

But that's not what I'd commented about above. I was commenting exclusively on my money transfer experiences through netbanking.

habibmy

TF Premier
Yes, their deposit machines are too good, but last Thursday I visited a CDM, the machine was working but the Cash Drawer is not and hence the machine was neither accepting cash nor allows withdrawal. Then I visited the branch to close my FD, I was surprised to see that not a single employee from my last visited was still there even the branch manager was a new face. I told one of the employees that I want to close my FD, he asked to wait as it he busy in discussing about this month's target with his co employee. After for 15 minutes, he asked to call customer care for same. I made the call and had to wait 18min on IVR to connect to an agent. This is the first time my ICICI visit took this much time.

kjs

TF Premier
I had a ICICI salary account which i switched to HDFC , still it shows privilege. Will they downgrade it after salary stops crediting for 3 months & start charging minimum mab charges + debit card + sms charges ?

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I had a ICICI salary account which i switched to HDFC , still it shows privilege. Will they downgrade it after salary stops crediting for 3 months & start charging minimum mab charges + debit card + sms charges ?
From my experience they never downgraded my account since my salary stopped crediting in January 2021 🤣

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Do you maintain MAB of 10k or something or are you doing transactions from this account regularly? This isn't your WM account right?
Yup right this is not my WM Savings Account. But whenever I call customer care to know the variant they tell this account is Wealth Salary Account 😆

No I don't maintain 10k it's just 1k lying in that account.
I do transactions regularly as an intermediary account. Paisa dalo and then Paisa nikalo 😆

kjs

TF Premier
From my experience they never downgraded my account since my salary stopped crediting in January 2021 🤣
Thats good to hear. I also have an ongoing home loan with ICICI bank will they still downgrade to normal savings account just in case. I dont want those fancy tags of accounts as they are just for name sake. I am planning to keep everything related to investments in ICICI (government schemes,MF Sip)

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Thats good to hear. I also have an ongoing home loan with ICICI bank will they still downgrade to normal savings account just in case. I dont want those fancy tags of accounts as they are just for name sake. I am planning to keep everything related to investments in ICICI (government schemes,MF Sip)
Would suggest you to keep a PSB account for govt. schemes. Just my opinion.

Trust Me

TF Ace
... I am planning to keep everything related to investments in ICICI (government schemes,MF Sip)

As per my experience, they won't make it easy for government schemes (apparently because there is not much incentive). They may do it, but only grudgingly (the process would most likely be manual).

SBI would be a much better option for such schemes.