• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

I tried this few months ago. But that bitch was too stubborn. She said I don't have any offers right now. So I cancelled my SBI credit card 🥲
By final cancellation every thing is over....
Must be cool and calm while doing these stuffs....if you have card then only you can try for LTF ....if they are not agreeing , at that moment continue with the card again do the same after a month...till you get desired result..

By final cancellation every thing is over....
Must be cool and calm while doing these stuffs....if you have card then only you can try for LTF ....if they are not agreeing , at that moment continue with the card again do the same after a month...till you get desired result..
I would have to pay the annual charges next month, so to avoid it, I cancelled it

I would have to pay the annual charges next month, so to avoid it, I cancelled it
In such scenario let the annual fee charged then place the request...either they will reverse or make your card LTF...And if they reversed the A/fee then you have 12 more months to try this trick....

Closing straightway means gate closed for negotiations...

In such scenario let the annual fee charged then place the request...either they will reverse or make your card LTF...And if they reversed the A/fee then you have 12 more months to try this trick....

Closing straightway means gate closed for negotiations...
I'll try it some other day, on my SBI Cashback card.

Always try on working hours on working days....Preferably between 10-11 AM in morning in working days..For getting quick call from retention team...
Had a question, I closed the card account, (simplyCLICK) so can I reopen it by calling the cc? And what are the chances of me getting the credit card as ltf after that?

Are you sure ?
Is it to so difficult to believe that a double confirmation is needed?

I have clearly stated that it's possible and I have attempted it with my 4 months closed SBI card.

I have also done it with Kotak and Axis Cards.

If you still have some more doubts, you may try it yourself as well.

Almost every bank has a 1 month period to reinstate the card.

I have clearly stated that it's possible and I have attempted it with my 4 months closed SBI card.

I was denied for SBI.

Executive told if card was closed after your confirmation, it can not be reinstated.

You had to call multiple times or One Call.is enough ?

When you placed the request , recently ?

On which number you called ?

not true, didn't agreed after 15 days to 3 months (tried 6 times, got same response)

View attachment 16190

Also, tried same for Axis Ace after closing (close to 1 month), they didn't agreed too.
1683396082030.png
Do you feel as if am lying or something that you have boldly stated "NOT TRUE"
At least it was not expected from you, a basic research should have been conducted whether it is possible or not because you might be knowing how random SBI CC is.
They tell something to someone, and other thing to someone else.

Last edited:
I was denied for SBI.

Executive told if card was closed after your confirmation, it can not be reinstated.

You had to call multiple times or One Call.is enough ?

When you placed the request , recently ?

On which number you called ?
I will elaborate the whole procedure, I followed:
Initially, I tried to request them on mail for reactivation of my closed credit card.

You know how SBI really works, so their customer care told me to call on the helpline numbers.
Yes, you're right, I had to make multiple calls to their customer care, at least 3 or 4, because half of them don't know about this.
Even when one of them knew how to reactivate card by taking OTP from me in IVR. It didn't work and he told me,
Sir, your card is more than 3 months closed and hence we cannot reactivate it as per policy.
Then I told them about mail received from Customerservice head email id, and told them that I will complain against you for wrong info.
After that, he consulted with senior and was able to reactivate my card with OTP process.
Card was showing in SBI app,, and delivered in 4 days.

Last year, I closed Prime Pro card despite getting offer of 10000 RP from retention team... Few days later CC called me again with same offer and I agreed. They sent me a card with new number. So account can be revived even after closure.

I will elaborate the whole procedure, I followed:
Initially, I tried to request them on mail for reactivation of my closed credit card.

You know how SBI really works, so their customer care told me to call on the helpline numbers.
Yes, you're right, I had to make multiple calls to their customer care, at least 3 or 4, because half of them don't know about this.
Even when one of them knew how to reactivate card by taking OTP from me in IVR. It didn't work and he told me,
Sir, your card is more than 3 months closed and hence we cannot reactivate it as per policy.
Then I told them about mail received from Customerservice head email id, and told them that I will complain against you for wrong info.
After that, he consulted with senior and was able to reactivate my card with OTP process.
Card was showing in SBI app,, and delivered in 4 days.
Let me try.
I just called one time and was denied.

This OTP process is new.

In hurry I closed Ola Money and now I want it Back.

I closed it in Dec22.
Hope they will reactivate it.

You were charged for Card replacement.
That is fine.

SBI Also charged Annual fee as written in E-Mail ?

Back