• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Can i try my luck wth cashback card ?
You can try but not today..Today may be holiday..try on Monday..put request at 0900 AM ...So that you will get call from retention team after few moments...Though i cann't confirm whether they will make your cashback card LTF ...May be they will offer one time Annual fee waiver....Read the post carefully ...

Last edited:
Last week, I have raised closure request for Ola SBI card from SBI card app (3+ years old and I have only 1 card).
Instantly received a call, I have told the executive...now it's possible for me to achieve 500 monthly cashback and it's not worth holding this card with annual fee.

Then the executive offered Life time free and raised a service request for that. Within 2 days, the request was closed.
Customer support through call, confirmed that now it's LTF card but I'm still waiting for written confirmation from Email team.
Lucky you.
I raised closure request in Jan'2023 for Ola SBI card. They tried to retain with cashback. When I tried second time, they closed.

Lucky you.
I raised closure request in Jan'2023 for Ola SBI card. They tried to retain with cashback. When I tried second time, they closed.
Why you have gone ahead with closure...if at any time they are not accepting LTF or fee reversal demand then simply simply keep the card as you are using earlier...Just say them on phone ok will decide about it later..

Why you have gone ahead with closure...if at any time they are not accepting LTF or fee reversal demand then simply simply keep the card as you are using earlier...Just say them on phone ok will decide about it later..
Second time they won't ask for anything.. they will simply process the closer request... I had two simply click card.. i asked to close one with lower limit... First time I got a call that you are eligible for reversal of fee based on spend so don't close the card.. well I waited for reversal of fee and raised again the request.. 4-5 days later... Request completed.. 😁😁

Second time they won't ask for anything.. they will simply process the closer request... I had two simply click card.. i asked to close one with lower limit... First time I got a call that you are eligible for reversal of fee based on spend so don't close the card.. well I waited for reversal of fee and raised again the request.. 4-5 days later... Request completed.. 😁😁
Seems placed the request too early for second time...

For those having Simply click, simply save, Octane etc. cards as a Paid CC, Now is the best time to get them converted to LTF.
Today I raised a Card Closure request for my Simply Click card citing Annual Fee as the reason. After 10 minutes, an executive called me and said you have trouble paying Fee, I am converting it to LTF. No arguments, No build-up, nothing. Straightaway he offered LTF status.
I was surprised and he was super friendly, so my confidence went up and I asked him to make my other SBI Octane card too LTF as fee is high. He said it is against policy to raise LTF service request without a card closure request from the client.
I asked him to try once. He said Okay I am doing it and also giving 1000 RPs as a bonus. Use your both card without any worry.

I don't know from where this generosity is coming to SBI after their Chindi-chor-type acts in the recent past.

So, make the maximum out of it and get your card converted to LTF.

Edit:
Octane --->4-year-old
Simply click ----> 2 year old

Attachments

• photo_2023-05-05_16-40-35.jpg
    photo_2023-05-05_16-40-35.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 107
  • photo_2023-05-05_16-40-40.jpg
    photo_2023-05-05_16-40-40.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 107
  • photo_2023-05-05_16-40-31.jpg
    photo_2023-05-05_16-40-31.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 106
@Rkr

Thank you, Bhai. got both cards converted to LTF following your "Pro Tips"

@Rkr

Ohhh....Its very good that people are getting desired result..

@Rkr

Which are the cards you got converted to LTF?
And what was the time gap between them getting converted?

Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.
what if they close the card without call

And if still ,you are in doubt about direct cancellation....Just keep some outstanding amount on your card before placing Cancellation request...If there is any due No body will close your card directly before clearing the dues...So at the end you will receive a call to know the reason for cancellation....Read the posts and replies carefully to know some insights about how to proceed on call...

Back