• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

my renewal of 999+ gst pending in march I guess. My annual spends would not reach 2 lac, and I don't want to pay renewal fee. How do you suggest me to approach on this? When should I call them ?
After fees are charged , just call them to say I would like to place a req for fees reversal and if they deny just ask them to close my card … easy peasy

After fees are charged , just call them to say I would like to place a req for fees reversal and if they deny just ask them to close my card … easy peasy
What sense does it make to close if the fee for whole year is already charged? They can even deny

What sense does it make to close if the fee for whole year is already charged? They can even deny
bro in the context of closing , I actually meant about making a bluff and regarding about denial , I shared my experience because it worked twice , now it’s up to you what you want to do , be pessimistic and pay the fees

bro in the context of closing , I actually meant about making a bluff and regarding about denial , I shared my experience because it worked twice , now it’s up to you what you want to do , be pessimistic and pay the fees
I am thinking of calling them before they put renewal fees, so that they don't put renewal fee in first place. Would that work?

I am thinking of calling them before they put renewal fees, so that they don't put renewal fee in first place. Would that work?
I think try it, if it doesn't work, maybe try again after they've charged. I'm assuming one year's annual fee won't broke you.

If you're actually closing the card, then think about whether your other credit accounts will absorb the credit report impact well.

My card is almost a year old, my purchases have been above a lakh which effectively makes the card free for next year. Shall I still try this trick?

I tried raising closure request on app, but it's asking to clear dues first. Tried calling customer care, but he also said to clear dues.

Don't want to take risk with clearing dues, considering this is going to be my main card after axis and hdfc devaluations 😅.
After this, I sent mail to nodal officer and didn't get reply. Then raised to customer head and he rejected. Then again mailed him mentioning my spends (which is pretty high in last 1 year, my most used card in this period) and other LTF cards details and indirectly mentioned about card closure.

Got a call today saying they have taken this as an exception considering the spends and forwarded for LTF conversion subject to approval. Hopefully it will get converted 😃. I can see that pct id change service request in my app.

Probably one of the first customers to get sbi cashback card LTF😂.

After this, I sent mail to nodal officer and didn't get reply. Then raised to customer head and he rejected. Then again mailed him mentioning my spends (which is pretty high in last 1 year, my most used card in this period) and other LTF cards details and indirectly mentioned about card closure.

Got a call today saying they have taken this as an exception considering the spends and forwarded for LTF conversion subject to approval. Hopefully it will get converted 😃. I can see that pct id change service request in my app.

wow.

bhaiya mail ka format de do kya likha cutomer service head ko mai bhi try karta hun

Mann guide us🌝

bhaiya mail ka format de do kya likha cutomer service head ko mai bhi try karta hun
Mann guide us🌝
It depends on ur spends mainly. My spends were pretty high. And had some super premium cards from other banks as LTF (don't think that mattered).

The reason I mentioned for conversion was "peace of mind" rather than not useful or lower spends unlike others, as Even this anniversary year, I have already spent about half of what is required for fee waiver. So those things won't apply to me.

Also, mentioned that I might close the card, if not converted to LTF.

Don't want to share exact mail content for privacy. Better type yourself.

It depends on ur spends mainly. My spends were pretty high. And had some super premium cards from other banks as LTF (don't think that mattered).

The reason I mentioned for conversion was "peace of mind" rather than not useful or lower spends unlike others, as Even this anniversary year, I have already spent about half of what is required for fee waiver. So those things won't apply to me.

I have used my cashback cc for full cashback since i got it. Can you share the mail you sent to nodal after hiding personal details. I just wanna make it LTF for piece of mind just like you.

Yeah for the spends part , i also spent way more than the fee waiver... but as you said piece of mind...

I have used my cashback cc for full cashback since i got it. Can you share the mail you sent to nodal after hiding personal details. I just wanna make it LTF for piece of mind just like you.
Already mentioned plenty of what I wrote. But can't sharing exact words. U can type in your own words and send. Main key is high spend and card closure intent.

Pretty high spends -> can you let us know a range of spends?

Also if you don't mind sharing: card type and limit ?

Back