• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Service request closed or not

Mera bhi hogya hoga but I’m too lazy to confirm it from their shitty customer support 😆

SBI CB CC Converted into LTF
Confirmation on Call
😊😊
I would like to have only an LTF card in my wallet.
yes I am assuming 8 lakh but today on call they say 10 lakh + spent in a year
are bhaiya closure wale se kuch nahi hoga maine bhi kiya offer nahi hai bol diya august me maine try kiya tha mai uske baad chor diya but @Harry1 bhaiya ne mail ka rasta bataya and ho gaya
yes mail id is correct
Summary: heavy user, timely payments in past 12 months, not required to pay an annual fee already meet the waiver criteria, but I would like to have only an LTF card in my wallet.
please consider
CustomerServiceHead@sbicard.com

PS: What's funny is why it takes an entire page of Q&A to get your context & details :p. Had you posted it in few lines instead of burst of words each reply we'd all know "exactly" how and not have to ask over & over.. like pulling teeth :p

Thanks though. Saved for later. Noted.

@S S V - See :P

Last edited:
I tried to convert my simply click card by sending a mail and this is what they replied:

"This is with reference to your email communication date 30/09/2023 regarding the issue on your SBI card account.

At the outset, we regret for the inconvenience that may have been caused to you regarding the matter addressed to us.

We are trying to establishing contact with you on number but we are unable to contact with you.

We wish to apprise you the annual fee billed to your card account is a basic product price, which covers only a portion of the cost incurred by us in maintaining your card account.

We wish to inform you that annual fee of Rs.499 and service tax (Applicable Taxes) is applicable for your card account.

However, we would like to inform you that Spend Rs.1,00,000 and get annual fee of Rs.499 reversed for your Simply CLICK SBI card in the subsequent year.

Further, we wish to apprise you the annual fee billed to your card account is a basic product price which covers only a portion of the cost incurred by us in maintaining your card account.

We do understand your concerns we would like to express our inability to provide Life Time Free facility and reversal of annual fee on your card account.

Please note that we have investigated the matter addressed to us regarding annual fee. Our investigation has revealed that annual fee was levied on receipt of your consent vide duly signed mandate received along with your SBI card application.

Also, we wish to inform you that we are unable to process your request for Account closure as there are dues of Rs.148.65 on your SBI card. We would request you to kindly pay complete dues (as on date) and send email from registered email id in our records or you may contact our helpline in order to process your request. "

Back