• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Quick update:

I applied SBI cashback card at September 2022 and as per that time TnC was card would be come with 0 joining fee and 0 FYF fee so around 2024 sep annual fee must be charged but still they charged annual fee at 2023 sep then I put closure request after 2 days they called me agreed to reversal along with GST.

Lagta h lunch k baad aana walo ko khana nhi mil raha h aise tucchi harkate krke apna pet bhar rahe h

Quick update:

I applied SBI cashback card at September 2022 and as per that time TnC was card would be come with 0 joining fee and 0 FYF fee so around 2024 sep annual fee must be charged but still they charged annual fee at 2023 sep then I put closure request after 2 days they called me agreed to reversal along with GST.

Lagta h lunch k baad aana walo ko khana nhi mil raha h aise tucchi harkate krke apna pet bhar rahe h
Bhai I think 0 joining fee and 0 FYF means same, it doesnt mean you wont be charged after 1st year (for 2nd year)

Also I am wondering have you not spent more than 2 Lac on this card in whole year?

Bhai I think 0 joining fee and 0 FYF means same, it doesnt mean you wont be charged after 1st year (for 2nd year)

Also I am wondering have you not spent more than 2 Lac on this card in whole year?
No bro quite correction require here

Joining fee is to be charged in your first statement after obtaining the card whereas First year fee is to be charge after completion of first years then 2nd year then goes on...

2 lac spend as i have more than other best card as compared to SBI cashback and after heavy devaluation of this card i stopped this card anywhere is to be used.

Joining fee is to be charged in your first statement after obtaining the card whereas First year fee is to be charge after completion of first years then 2nd year then goes on...

2 lac spend as i have more than other best card as compared to SBI cashback and after heavy devaluation of this card i stopped this card anywhere is to be used.
need someone expert opinion (@VISHESH_BANSAL @4uziaul @Chaitanya-a ) to confirm about Joining Fee and FYF terminology

Amex gives FYF cards through referral and they dont charge joining fee but after completion of 1 year they do charge

@Shubham Yadav Bhai 1 bar Supreme Commander se bat karo apko kafi sare tarike batayege CB Cards ke liye ;)

Attachments

• qtiyapa-tvf-qtiyapa.gif
    qtiyapa-tvf-qtiyapa.gif
    41.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Joining Fee and First Year Free.
minions-laughing-rofl.gif

need someone expert opinion (@VISHESH_BANSAL @4uziaul @Chaitanya-a ) to confirm about Joining Fee and FYF terminology

Amex gives FYF cards through referral and they dont charge joining fee but after completion of 1 year they do charge

@Shubham Yadav Bhai 1 bar Supreme Commander se bat karo apko kafi sare tarike batayege CB Cards ke liye ;)
are nhi bahi phir toh

Gopal sharma ka CA lagega

Kuch aise haal hai tumhara 🤣

images.jpeg

Bank is right in this case. FYF means no charge would be levied for 1st year. But after completion of 1st year they do charge the fee.

There is Annual Fee and Renewal Fee applicable on the SBI Credit Card (SBI Card). Annual fee is a one-time charge ranging between Rs. 0 to Rs.9999 plus applicable taxes and renewal fee is charged every year and ranges between Rs. 0 to Rs.9999 plus applicable taxes. These fees may vary from Cardholder to Cardholder and for different card variants. These shall be as communicated to the Cardholder at the time of applying for the credit card.

Link

1697278221149.png

In SBI, annual fee = Joining fee = First year fee same.

You got some good support executive and your fee got waived, not due to FYF which is same as Joining fee.

First year fee = first year of your association with that card = Sep'22 to Aug'23 = 0 ( which also same as Joining fee, whichever bank calls it).

In AMEX, the terms are like this

1697278443446.png

It doesn't mean after 1st year your fee: 3,500+GST. It means Joining fee (to open credit account with them). And next year (as per above example, Sep'23 - they will charge 5,900 in statement).

This is Axis terminology:

1697278571256.png

Currently with any bank only two charges exist. Joining (or simply fee to open the card account), Renewal (after completion of first year). AFAIK, there is no 3 price rule with any bank.

Your support executive understand and waive off the fee, that's it.

Note: SBI Annual fee =Joining fee (not same as) AXIS Annual fee =Renewal fee. Thankfully later they chaged to Joining fee for better understanding.

Last edited:
There is Annual Fee and Renewal Fee applicable on the SBI Credit Card (SBI Card). Annual fee is a one-time charge ranging between Rs. 0 to Rs.9999 plus applicable taxes and renewal fee is charged every year and ranges between Rs. 0 to Rs.9999 plus applicable taxes. These fees may vary from Cardholder to Cardholder and for different card variants. These shall be as communicated to the Cardholder at the time of applying for the credit card.

Link

View attachment 32241

You got some good support executive and your fee got waived, not due to FYF which is same as Joining fee.

First year fee = first year of your association with that card = Sep'22 to Aug'23 = 0 ( which also same as Joining fee, whichever bank calls it).

View attachment 32244

It doesn't mean after 1st year your fee: 3,500+GST. It means Joining fee (to open credit account with them). And next year (as per above example, Sep'23 - they will charge 5,900 in statement).

View attachment 32245

Currently with any bank only two charges exist. Joining (or simply fee to open the card account), Renewal (after completion of first year). AFAIK, there is no 3 price rule with any bank.

Note: SBI Annual fee (=Joining) (not same as) AXIS Annual fee (=Renewal). Thankfully later they chaged to Joining fee for better understanding.
Very well explained Bro

Link

View attachment 32241

View attachment 32244

View attachment 32245

Note: SBI Annual fee (=Joining) (not same as) AXIS Annual fee (=Renewal). Thankfully later they chaged to Joining fee for better understanding.
Good explanation here

BoB

1697279349940.png

Axis Freecharge

1697279295928.png

1697279273158.png

Back