• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Which sbi card is the best one to hold if you already have Infinia (MC) and Magnus (Visa) ?

Kindly suggest between Aurum/Elite/Prime. Also, SimplyClick/SimplySave (for Rupay) -> any one of them

I know its better to get Cashback card but I assume LTF is not possible (and is devaluated quite a lot now).... as this as there is a possibility of getting any of these as LTF (not sure about Aurum, but quite sure others)
Initially you will not get any sbi card as LTF .
And LTF varriant of Aurum/elite/Prime is not possible AFAIK.

Better go for sbi cashback or click because on later stage you can make it LTF ...

PCT Id change request taken for my Cashback card which shows in progress for conversion to LTF.
Also asked them to restore my credit limit which was abruptly decreased for which they took the request.
Let's see what happens.
Service request closed and LTF confirmed.
But now they are telling that limit can't be restored and Cashback card can't be flipped.
After the recent devaluations, I don't see any use of keeping the Cashback card even if it's LTF.
And moreover, I have BPCL Card too with a limit of 40000/- which is not LTF.
Major limit is on Cashback Card which is not eligible for instant discounts.
Low limit on BPCL Card which is eligible for instant discounts.
Any suggestions whether to keep them or not?

What is the difference between regular id and pct id ???
If you could have just spend few minutes in this thread or this forum you would have understood the meaning of pct id.
anyways have you given request for card closure or asked them to make your card LTF?

But now they are telling that limit can't be restored and Cashback card can't be flipped.
After the recent devaluations, I don't see any use of keeping the Cashback card even if it's LTF.
How did you get the confirmation on LTF after service request was closed?

When you took the cashback card, what's the purpose on your mind? And this devaluation according to you, changes that purpose?

How BPCL is better than Cashback card (except one category)?

Any case, if you don't find value - just close it, nothing changes since only 1 year completed in CIBIL, so not much affect.

When you took the cashback card, what's the purpose on your mind? And this devaluation according to you, changes that purpose?
For cashbacks on bill payments and everywhere
Eventually they excluded this card from instant discounts which they didnt disclose while opening the account.
Even now cashback on bill payments can be obtained via gift cards, now I have Tata Infinity which gives 5% cashback on bill payments I make.

I was hoping they transfer the limit back to BPCL as its limit is low and more than 3.5 yrs old

For cashbacks on bill payments and everywhere
Eventually they excluded this card from instant discounts which they didnt disclose while opening the account.
Even now cashback on bill payments can be obtained via gift cards, now I have Tata Infinity which gives 5% cashback on bill payments I make.

I was hoping they transfer the limit back to BPCL as its limit is low and more than 3.5 yrs old
Hope these SBI people implement merged limit like other banks too.
Any reason why they don't do this?
@VISHESH_BANSAL @Abhishek012 @Rkr

Hope these SBI people implement merged limit like other banks too.
Any reason why they don't do this?
@VISHESH_BANSAL @Abhishek012 @Rkr

Same for SBI, CITI, AMEX, and IndusInd (even Axis changed only this year till now they also separate + ICICI for some cards its still separate and merged based on request only).

Some banks thinks that: after consideration we provided X limit, now no matter how many cards that customer has with us - provide all cards with same limit.

Banks like above thinks that: after consideration we provided X limit, now customer has to manage this limit N number of cards with us.

AFAIK,

Till 2023 beginning - HDFC mostly not allowed 2nd card, even if they allow that is also split limit bases

StanC/ICICI, I'm aware implemented this merged limit concept - then AXIS / HDFC followed. It takes time actually especially with SBI.

Actually till 2021, this doesn't exist for most of the banks (allowing multiple cards itself) - IIRC. So basically you're comparing old systems with new systems.

Last edited:
Same for SBI, CITI, AMEX, and IndusInd (even Axis changed only this year till now they also separate + ICICI for some cards its still separate and merged based on request only).

Some banks thinks that: after consideration we provided X limit, now no matter how many cards that customer has with us - provide all cards with same limit.

Banks like above thinks that: after consideration we provided X limit, now customer has to manage this limit N number of cards with us.

AFAIK,

Till 2023 beginning - HDFC mostly not allowed 2nd card, even if they allow that is also split limit bases

StanC/ICICI, I'm aware implemented this merged limit concept - then AXIS / HDFC followed. It takes time actually especially with SBI.

Actually till 2021, this doesn't exist for most of the banks (allowing multiple cards itself) - IIRC. So basically you're comparing old systems with new systems.
Hope SBI implements this soon too following all other major CC players.

Taste and concept...
Both of this is totally different for SBI Card
May be in future its possible..
They might be in the process of doing this.
May be that's the reason why they stopped limit transfer facility from one card to other card.

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr
Which sbi card is the best one to hold if you already have Infinia (MC) and Magnus (Visa) ?

Kindly suggest between Aurum/Elite/Prime. Also, SimplyClick/SimplySave (for Rupay) -> any one of them

I know its better to get Cashback card but I assume LTF is not possible (and is devaluated quite a lot now).... as this as there is a possibility of getting any of these as LTF (not sure about Aurum, but quite sure others)
Anyone ?

which SBI card is worth having (other than Cashback and bpcl octane) ?

Initially you will not get any sbi card as LTF .
And LTF varriant of Aurum/elite/Prime is not possible AFAIK.

Better go for sbi cashback or click because on later stage you can make it LTF ...
Hey, thanks for inputs but I not keep towards whether "they are given LTF" or not to consumers as my case is special), kindly share which one is worth getting between the ones mentioned

as, Most of spends would be on Infinia, so want some SBI for additional benefits and from which we can reap rewards as well

Reactions: Rkr
Back