• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

I have applied for sbi cashback card and it got rejected on the same.
Can this be because of more enquiries or something else
Mail them asking for reason. I did that and they are re processing my application (or atleast that's what they told me).
Quote these RBI guidelines when asking for reason from this thread.

Mail them asking for reason. I did that and they are re processing my application (or atleast that's what they told me).
Quote these RBI guidelines when asking for reason from this thread.
I emailed to principal nodel officer, he says they cannot proceed further with my application.

Fun fact is I hold sbi account from almost eight yrs yet they are not giving the card

I emailed to principal nodel officer, he says they cannot proceed further with my application.

Fun fact is I hold sbi account from almost eight yrs yet they are not giving the card
Ask for reason. Banks should give main reason for rejection. Otherwise go to RBI OB.

Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.
Successfully converted my cashback card to LTF.. now worried for its devaluation soon

Yes even am guessing SBI cashback is soon to be devalued :(
Devaluation happens mainly in the area of monthly cap, they may reduce it to 2K from 5K...
Nothing else changes majorly ... 2K CB per month also makes this card a great card considering it is LTF now( for me as well)....

Last edited:
Devaluation happens mainly in the area of monthly cap, they may reduce it to 2K from 5K...
Nothing else changes majorly ... 2K CB per month also makes this card a great card considering it is LTF now( for me as well)....
Many people started saying cashback card will be devalued soon but there is no preferred partner for this card and they will also not add only some preferred partner by kind of devaluing it as giving 5% cashback is main usp of this card. Max they can limit per month cap to 3k is my guess. So still it remain useful card.

Back