• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Currently I have SBI Cashback - so for making it Ltf - should I simply call customer care and ask for LTF or raise a closure request and then wait for retention team to call?
I had been charged 1180, 2 months back - want to get that fees reversed, and possibly make it Ltf. Please suggest.

Currently I have SBI Cashback - so for making it Ltf - should I simply call customer care and ask for LTF or raise a closure request and then wait for retention team to call?
I had been charged 1180, 2 months back - want to get that fees reversed, and possibly make it Ltf. Please suggest.
Simply place closure request online or write email

Do we need to clear o/s first to place closure request? I guess so
Yessss Ssssir !!
Yes bro, obviously.
Not necessarily.

Clearing your dues has nothing to do with ltf conversion unless you try via their app i.e. closure request section of the app because in that step their system ask you to clear all outstanding dues in order to take closure request or you try through CC route.

Just email them(closurerequest@sbicard.com) asking to convert into LTF.

I believe my method worked as my email directly went to their retention team.

Last edited:
Not necessarily.

What happened in my case was I did an email at their closurerequest email I'd posing a simple question - I have been your customer blah blah blah.... Wondering if you can do ltf. After 2 to 3 days, a lady called me and asked if wanted to convert into ltf and I replied in affirmative. She asked me kyc details, put my called my hold and said your card is now ltf and within 2 days you would receive a confirmation which I did.

After call with the lady was complete, I checked the service request tab in the app. I could see two requests raised there, one was about closure and other PCT I'd to be changed, both raised on the same date. So she did both while the call on hold.

So clearing your dues has nothing to do with ltf conversion unless you try via their app i.e. closure request section of the app, because in that step their system ask you to clear all outstanding dues in order to take closure request.

Which email ?

Not necessarily.

What happened in my case was I did an email at their closurerequest email I'd posing a simple question - I have been your customer blah blah blah.... Wondering if you can do ltf. After 2 to 3 days, a lady called me and asked if wanted to convert into ltf and I replied in affirmative. She asked me kyc details, put my called my hold and said your card is now ltf and within 2 days you would receive a confirmation which I did.

After call with the lady was complete, I checked the service request tab in the app. I could see two requests raised there, one was about closure and other PCT I'd to be changed, both raised on the same date. So she did both while the call on hold. I hadn't raised any closure request and even the subject of my email was request for Ltf conversion.

So clearing your dues has nothing to do with ltf conversion unless you try via their app i.e. closure request section of the app because in that step their system ask you to clear all outstanding dues in order to take closure request or you try through CC route.

This is with respect to general closure. The Bank will not let you close your CC unless you clear your dues.
Ofcourse, if you want to use it as a trick for LTF, then no need of clearing.

Not necessarily.

After call with the lady was complete, I checked the service request tab in the app. I could see two requests raised there, one was about closure and other PCT I'd to be changed, both raised on the same date. So she did both while the call on hold. I hadn't raised any closure request and even the subject of my email was request for Ltf conversion.

So clearing your dues has nothing to do with ltf conversion unless you try via their app i.e. closure request section of the app because in that step their system ask you to clear all outstanding dues in order to take closure request or you try through CC route.

So what you are saying in a nutshell:
Clearing dues before closure request ??
1) thru email- No
2) thru App - Yes…

Okay noted.. guys please make a note..
Thanks for the update

I got my SBI CB card in Sep 22 and got my annual fee reversal in 04 Nov 23 statement after spending 2.5lakh expenditure last year. I am SBI customer since 1997 and holds diamond CGSP salary package acount.

I got my SBI CBK card in Sep22. My annual fees reversed in Nov 23 statement after spending 2lac + expenses. Also, have 25+ years saving account with SBI and currently its under diamond CGSP salary package.

My request for ltf after card closure request just yesterday denied citing i donot have to pay any money till sep 24 and my status show medium which means i should wait for few months before request is accepted for ltf.

How to go about it?

Should i request again.

I got my SBI CBK card in Sep22. My annual fees reversed in Nov 23 statement after spending 2lac + expenses. Also, have 25+ years saving account with SBI and currently its under diamond CGSP salary package.

My request for ltf after card closure request just yesterday denied citing i donot have to pay any money till sep 24 and my status show medium which means i should wait for few months before request is accepted for ltf.

How to go about it?

Should i request again.
Which route did you take for ltf conversion?

How to go about it?

Should i request again.
What does medium means here, how is the criteria decided, on what basis?

Back