• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fre waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Das.N

TF Ace
No you can check this thread almost all are getting LTF and if anyone spend 3 lakh+ then 99% chance it's gonna be LTF from retention
I am stuck with my Simplyclick, trying for last 6 moths to make it ltf(card age 1 y 6m). But SBI denied everytime.
I have spent only 77k in this card( 77k was spent during festive sale of October November 2023)
After that, only 50-100 spending to keep the card active.
And It's a no rewards card, so I won't use it without any SBI instant discounts offer.
And my card will not be converted to LTF in future too, I think.

Last edited:

James

TF Ace
I am stuck with my Simplyclick, trying for last 6 moths to make it ltf(card age 1 y 6m). But SBI denied everytime.
I have spent only 77k in this card( 77k was spent during festive sale of October November 2024)
And It's a no rewards card, so I won't use it without any SBI instant discounts offer.
And my card will not be converted to LTF I think in future too
I'm in same boat

yogesh498

TF Buzz
I have spent only 77k in this card( 77k was spent during festive sale of October November 2023)
I have not tried to make it simplyclick ltf yet, can we raise a request by email for the same?

Das.N

TF Ace
I have not tried to make it simplyclick ltf yet, can we raise a request by email for the same?
I tried twice by sending a mail, but they denied saying that I am not eligible for Life time free offer. And once I tried creating a credit card closing request, that time they refunded the annual fees but didn't make my card life time free.
🥲

Das.N

TF Ace
I will try once a year now when the annual fee is added in the statement by sending a closing request.

I am sure they won't make my card LTF ever with the little spending of 50k-80k in a statement year( that too in instant discount offers only).

But if they refuses to reverse the annual fees, I will be more than happy to close my card permanently. I think it's a very basic card with zero cashback/rewards and not worthy at all with a annual charges of 590.
So if they take annual fees from me, all the relationship with SBI will be over.

Strange

TF Legend
I will try once a year now when the annual fee is added in the statement by sending a closing request.

I am sure they won't make my card LTF ever with the little spending of 50k-80k in a statement year( that too in instant discount offers only).

But if they refuses to reverse the annual fees, I will be more than happy to close my card permanently. I think it's a very basic card with zero cashback/rewards and not worthy at all with a annual charges of 590.
So if they take annual fees from me, all the relationship with SBI will be over.
Retention team can easily refund annual fee every year. 🤣

yogesh498

TF Buzz

Email address, please!
should I write directly to close the card or complain about the card fee they charged me? 😬

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Email address, please!
should I write directly to close the card or complain about the card fee they charged me? 😬
Go through call for quick resolution...
Just add STD code of your state capital.
Or you can dial 01139020202.

I successfully converted my SimpleClick to LTF. My card is over 2 years old. I also got annual fee reversal 3 months ago. I have not done many transactions on the card. Hardly 5K in last 1 year.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is there a chance where if we place a request through the app, they may close it directly and not call us ?
Occasionally they forget to call also

And if you don’t want to hear their sweet voice then you have an option of not answering their call, provided you have true caller…

Last edited:
Anyone who successfully converted sbi cashback cc LTF recently in april month??

I tried but failed to convert LTF my spend also 3.83 lakhs but they clearly denied..
Got the card in December 2022. Met the annual fee waiver criteria and got annual fee waiver. Now again 2 week ago while closing card via app they showed offer of annual fee waiver. Opted for it and again got the fee waiver. After getting the fee waiver raised the closure request and they offered the card as LTF. So, Successfully converted sbi cashback to LTF and also got extra Rs. 1180 from SBI.

helloworld

TF Legend
Got the card in December 2022. Met the annual fee waiver criteria and got annual fee waiver. Now again 2 week ago while closing card via app they showed offer of annual fee waiver. Opted for it and again got the fee waiver. After getting the fee waiver raised the closure request and they offered the card as LTF. So, Successfully converted sbi cashback to LTF and also got extra Rs. 1180 from SBI.

1. So, you click that closure request, which option you selected that gave you 'fee waiver'. Also, why they provided fee waiver when renewal is 6 months after?
2. 2nd time raised closure request (same through app/customer), whats the discussion mainly about?

TIA

Animal

TF Premier
Sooner or later they will take back extra 1180.

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
Be ready for the upcoming trouble my friend. You will cry .