• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fre waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

1. So, you click that closure request, which option you selected that gave you 'fee waiver'. Also, why they provided fee waiver when renewal is 6 months after?
Services > Card Closure Request > Other Fees & Charges. There they will show you have offer for waiver of fees & charges. I clicked the skip button and then app showed me 4 option and one of the option was Annual Fee Waiver for Current Year. Which i selected.
2. 2nd time raised closure request (same through app/customer), whats the discussion mainly about?

TIA
No, directly called the customer care and asked them that I want to close the card. They asked why and i said because of annual fee. Then they transferred to the closure team. They asked the same thing like why i want to close the card and i said because of annual fee. Then they said you have an offer to make the card LTF which I took.

bhaveshS

TF Ace
Services > Card Closure Request > Other Fees & Charges. There they will show you have offer for waiver of fees & charges. I clicked the skip button and then app showed me 4 option and one of the option was Annual Fee Waiver for Current Year. Which i selected.

No, directly called the customer care and asked them that I want to close the card. They asked why and i said because of annual fee. Then they transferred to the closure team. They asked the same thing like why i want to close the card and i said because of annual fee. Then they said you have an offer to make the card LTF which I took.
When did you do today??

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
What trouble exactly? They credited Rs. 1180 extra, and they can only take that much back. I don't have a problem with that.
They will debit 1180 twice or thrice. Sooner you will know. It happened same to me my friend. Same case is mine and yours.

Shoxie

TF Premier
So guys, I guess I'm in for a ride. The retention team didn't even agree for fee refund and went ahead and closed the card. Any tip to reactive the card?

Tried calling again, and the card was already blocked, so couldn't reach using my details. Have dropped an email stating that I've re-considered my decision and want to continue lol. Is the card permanently closed or is there anything else that I can do to hold it?

So guys, I guess I'm in for a ride. The retention team didn't even agree for fee refund and went ahead and closed the card. Any tip to reactive the card?

Tried calling again, and the card was already blocked, so couldn't reach using my details. Have dropped an email stating that I've re-considered my decision and want to continue lol. Is the card permanently closed or is there anything else that I can do to hold it?
If they reissue card (New card) then there is no guarantee for pending cash back.

Zulu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

It's closed forever. You will not get the card. You need to apply fresh.

Please tell us the age of card and spends so far

RishiKiDev

TF Ace

Its permanently gone. You should've declined to close after they didn't agree for fee refund if you wanted to keep it.

Animal

TF Premier

How much was the annual fee?

I think HDFC Credit card team employee took charge as SBI card retention team officer 🤣

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

Open Sbi Card app.Select write to us option from screen and select Reactivation of account option.Ask them to reconsider.
See screenshot attached..DM me if you feel any issue. Screenshot_20240425_051939_SBI Card.jpg

Shoxie

TF Premier
Open Sbi Card app.Select write to us option from screen and select Reactivation of account option.Ask them to reconsider.
See screenshot attached..DM me if you feel any issue. Screenshot_20240425_051939_SBI Card.jpg
Thanks will try this and keep you guys posted!