• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

It took me time
They called me many times
But finally they had to agree
And It doesn't make any sense what they were doing with users.
It will only direct cc holders not to use their cards as they will always be in fear of this sort of deductions

My service request shows pct I'd to be changed closed. How to know card became ltf without calling customer care? Or there is no option other than calling CC?

I called customer care and asked for upgradation of card from bpcl to bpcl octane. He mentioned i am eligible for upgrade and raised request. Today i recieved a message that upgrade cannot be processed.

What could be the reason and how can i get it ?
Card is 1yr year old and 2.6L spends

Hi All,
Will this retention LTF trick apply for SBI BPCL Octane card as well? Planning to get fuel card and I think that card also applies on online sales isn't?

Hi All,
Will this retention LTF trick apply for SBI BPCL Octane card as well? Planning to get fuel card and I think that card also applies on online sales isn't?
Yes, all cards (fees upto 3000) can be converted to LTF. Depending on how good relationship you hold with SBI card and your spending pattern.
And, yes, BPCL octane works on every online sale(instant discount), it will be a awesome card if you can make it LTF.

If your spend in near one lakh you can try after first year,
If they decline keep trying after every 3 months.

In my case: they approved my LTF request after 4th attempt.
Different people have different experience in this case.
Apart from simply click, did u had other sbi credit cards as well?

Finally ,confirmation mail aa chuka hai SBI customer care ki taraf se, " card life time free ho gaya hai."

Yeh SimplyClick card itne dino se sar dard bana hua tha. Sabka SBI cashback, BPCL Octane, SBI prime bhi LTF ho raha tha aur mere SimplyClick ke liye decline pe decline.

Ek to iss card mein rewards ki naam pe kuch nehi milta, aur phir LTF banane k liye accha khasa khrach karo.
Abb koi tension nehi, Bas instant discount k liye hi iss card aramse use karunga, Kuch bhi rewards points ki jhanjhat hi nehi.
Aj mera khusi ka din hai

Screenshot_20240618-173408.png English Translation: Finally, I have received the confirmation from SBI customer care that, My SimplyClick card has been converted to LTF.

This card was a headache for me for a long time, Everyone was getting their BPCL Octane, SBI prime, SBI cashback card converted to LTF and they are declining every time for my SimplyClick.

This card does not provide good enough reward points and To make it LTF I had to use a hefty amount in such a useless card. But no more tension now, I will use this card only in sales to avail instant discount offers. And I don't have to remember, this card gives any reward points or not.
Today is a happy day for me.

Finally ,confirmation mail aa chuka hai SBI customer care ki taraf se, " card life time free ho gaya hai."

Yeh SimplyClick card itne dino se sar dard bana hua tha. Sabka SBI cashback, BPCL Octane, SBI prime bhi LTF ho raha tha aur mere SimplyClick ke liye decline pe decline.

Ek to iss card mein rewards ki naam pe kuch nehi milta, aur phir LTF banane k liye accha khasa khrach karo.
Abb koi tension nehi, Bas instant discount k liye hi iss card aramse use karunga, Kuch bhi rewards points ki jhanjhat hi nehi.
Aj mera khusi ka din hai

View attachment 57828English Translation: Finally, I have received the confirmation from SBI customer care that, My SimplyClick card has been converted to LTF.

This card was a headache for me for a long time, Everyone was getting their BPCL Octane, SBI prime, SBI cashback card converted to LTF and they are declining every time for my SimplyClick.

This card does not provide good enough reward points and To make it LTF I had to use a hefty amount in such a useless card. But no more tension now, I will use this card only in sales to avail instant discount offers. And I don't have to remember, this card gives any reward points or not.
Today is a happy day for me.
How old is your card & usage??

Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fre waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.
I have sbi prime against fd.. will this trick work on my card?

588 fees on my SBI simplyclick has been charged.

Now when I go to app and click on closure request, it is asking me to clear the dues first. If I pay the fees, will it get refunded later on when I put closure request?

How does it work now? Looks like I will have to call customer care and request closure

588 fees on my SBI simplyclick has been charged.

Now when I go to app and click on closure request, it is asking me to clear the dues first. If I pay the fees, will it get refunded later on when I put closure request?

How does it work now? Looks like I will have to call customer care and request closure
If you raise a card close request from app, the retention team will call you and will want to know the reason for closing the card. Tell them that, annual fees is the issue. If you are eligible then they can make your card ltf otherwise negotiate for at least annual fees waiver.
And, yes, you have to pay the total due before raise a card close request, If the agree for fee waiver, you will get back your annual fees+ gst reversed in your next statement.

Reactions: NCD
Back