• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Finally ,confirmation mail aa chuka hai SBI customer care ki taraf se, " card life time free ho gaya hai."

Yeh SimplyClick card itne dino se sar dard bana hua tha. Sabka SBI cashback, BPCL Octane, SBI prime bhi LTF ho raha tha aur mere SimplyClick ke liye decline pe decline.

Ek to iss card mein rewards ki naam pe kuch nehi milta, aur phir LTF banane k liye accha khasa khrach karo.
Abb koi tension nehi, Bas instant discount k liye hi iss card aramse use karunga, Kuch bhi rewards points ki jhanjhat hi nehi.
Aj mera khusi ka din hai

View attachment 57828English Translation: Finally, I have received the confirmation from SBI customer care that, My SimplyClick card has been converted to LTF.

This card was a headache for me for a long time, Everyone was getting their BPCL Octane, SBI prime, SBI cashback card converted to LTF and they are declining every time for my SimplyClick.

This card does not provide good enough reward points and To make it LTF I had to use a hefty amount in such a useless card. But no more tension now, I will use this card only in sales to avail instant discount offers. And I don't have to remember, this card gives any reward points or not.
Today is a happy day for me.
ek banda ne SBI Aurum ko bhi LTF banwaya tha

SBI Cards is saying “ Taggede Le “
with regard to their Flagship card (in my view) SBI Cashback card..
This month I got 5K CB using this card yesterday and they sent me this email which means “ Taggede le”…
They are not stopping promoting CB card, instead they going berserk in advertising this..
which means there won’t be any major devaluation in the near future ( there may be minor devaluation, not definitely a major one, ig)

1718906338993.png

1718906476580.png

1718906521162.gif

Last edited:
I requested over email to sbi cs head for making my sbi cashback card ltf. They have accepted the request and I can see a request with pct id to be changed service request closed. But when I mailed customer care today asking my card status they said it is not ltf but paid card. But when I called them they said it's ltf. Totally confused.

I requested over email to sbi cs head for making my sbi cashback card ltf. They have accepted the request and I can see a request with pct id to be changed service request closed. But when I mailed customer care today asking my card status they said it is not ltf but paid card. But when I called them they said it's ltf. Totally confused.
How old was your card and spends?

Same for me as well. Confirmed LTF through telephonic conversation. Mailed for written confirmation. Waiting for their response.

i mailed them on customercare@sbicard.com to convert my Cashback card LTF on 20th, No response till now. any timeline within you guys got response after mailing? Neither i can see any service request raised. Card Age: 1.5 years. this year spends: 1.75L. Last year spend > 6L (including non cashback trxn)

i mailed them on customercare@sbicard.com to convert my Cashback card LTF on 20th, No response till now. any timeline within you guys got response after mailing? Neither i can see any service request raised. Card Age: 1.5 years. this year spends: 1.75L. Last year spend > 6L (including non cashback trxn)
They called me on next day. Generally they took upto 3 working days to respond. Try not to miss the call if they call you.

Email id please?

588 fees on my SBI simplyclick has been charged.

Now when I go to app and click on closure request, it is asking me to clear the dues first. If I pay the fees, will it get refunded later on when I put closure request?

How does it work now? Looks like I will have to call customer care and request closure
So finally fees on my card has been reversed. Although they did not agree to make it LTF as there were no spends on this card since Dec'23

They probably would have agreed for LTF if this card was used more regularly. But I am fine, will see now next year

I had to call them and request for closure since app was not allowing me to close without clearing the dues

Already added in Edit 4 that dont place request through app...
Now they are closing the cards through call as well. One of my friend tried calling only and the card got closed. That's why I am requesting to try this after 2 months once it cools down, as lot of people are trying this trick and all SBI agents are now aware and therefore not entertaining this requests.

Back