• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Can you explain process of limit transfer and closure. Did you ask them close card and limit transfer and instantly closed with limit transferred to another card
I told him please transfer limit and close the card.
But he closed the card first and transferred all the limit to active card. And yes, all happened in same phone call.

9 months old simplysave card. Applied SBI CB later, got rejected
Last 3 months, above 2L spends.

Sent email to SBI asking for LTF conversion, got rejected.

As a bonus, 1.25L CL got revised to 75k now.

Whats the way forward....

Converted my SBI Pulse card to LTF.

I didn't request for card closure instead wrote a polite mail to customer care for conversation.

First mail to customer care they rejected instantly.

Then the same mail forwarded to the pno & this did the trick.
Card age and usage? Simply asked them for ltf on usage basis?

Thanks @Rkr , this was my second attempt and I was able to get it.

Timeline for simplyclick LTF:
Attempt 1
Card is around 10 months old with 2L+ spends
Raised closure request via app
Received call from retention team in 10 mins .
Denied LTF stating that already fee waiver satisfied.
Lady was polite and good, asked to try next year again.

Attempt 2
Card is around 1.5 years old with 98k spends.
Called customer care saying that I've better cards with 5L+ limit and other cards which are LTF so I wanna close it. They raised closure request and transferred to retention team. I said I would keep it if you guys make it LTF and increase limit. The guy was also pretty sweet and said sure I'm making it LTF and raised the request, also sent mail for documents for limit increase.
Now I'm waiting for request to close and get LTF confirmation sms

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with SBI customer care, they're one of the sweetest agents to talk to even for other issues.

Last edited:
Thanks @Rkr , this was my second attempt and I was able to get it.

Timeline for simplyclick LTF:
Attempt 1
Card is around 10 months old with 2L+ spends
Raised closure request via app
Received call from retention team in 10 mins .
Denied LTF stating that already fee waiver satisfied.
Lady was polite and good, asked to try next year again.

Attempt 2
Card is around 1.5 years old with 98k spends.
Called customer care saying that I've better cards with 5L+ limit and other cards which are LTF so I wanna close it. They raised closure request and transferred to retention team. I said I would keep it if you guys make it LTF and increase limit. The guy was also pretty sweet and said sure I'm making it LTF and raised the request, also sent mail for documents for limit increase.
Now I'm waiting for request to close and get LTF confirmation sms

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with SBI customer care, they're one of the sweetest agents to talk to even for other issues.
Just check in service request history if PCT Id change request is registered means LTF.

Back