• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

He just raised account closure request and closed the request. Which they normally do before raising fee reversal or ltf conversion. The account is not actually closed

What is the minimum time after card opening we have to wait before trying this trick? Did anyone make their 6months card LTF?

My 4 year old SBI Simply Click Card (Paid) Anniversary is near and I hardly use this card. Few Months back I got LTF Simply Save Rupay card offer from SBI and availed it.

Sent a polite e-mail to SBI to convert my Simply Click card to LTF. However the request was rejected
SBI Card : We understand the concern expressed in your communication and sympathize with the difficulties faced by you. We are however not in a position to provide life time free card on your SBI Card Account.

So now, i have to call SBI customer care, and request transfer limit of SBI Simply-Click to Simply-Save and thereafter will request a card closure of SBI Simply Click. Too much work.

Can I request transfer of Limit via e-mail?

So step 1 done.
Transferred limit from Simply Click to Simply Save leaving only 87k as credit limit with SimplyClick.
Next step is calling SBI card and request closure , let's see what do they have to say.

I want to get an SBI card just for offers before my profile gets over leveraged, which card would be easier to get and convert to LTF? I have a 5 years old SBI Savings account and even older PPF Account if it matters.

I want to get an SBI card just for offers before my profile gets over leveraged, which card would be easier to get and convert to LTF? I have a 5 years old SBI Savings account and even older PPF Account if it matters.
SBI cards (credit card) is different from SBI bank (savings account, ppf, etc.,.). If your idea is to use SBI CC for offers, apply for SBI simplyclick CC for easy approval, use it for more than a year and raise a request for LTF conversion, they will do it but with little struggle.

SBI cards (credit card) is different from SBI bank (savings account, ppf, etc.,.). If your idea is to use SBI CC for offers, apply for SBI simplyclick CC for easy approval, use it for more than a year and raise a request for LTF conversion, they will do it but with little struggle.
So banking relationship doesn't matter for SBI Credit Cards?
I don't see any usecase for this card for my spends.. Will they convert it to LTF without me using it much🥺. Im being greedy here but I want to be independent of others to get sales offers 😭

So banking relationship doesn't matter for SBI Credit Cards?
I don't see any usecase for this card for my spends.. Will they convert it to LTF without me using it much🥺. Im being greedy here but I want to be independent of others to get sales offers 😭
Correct. Banking relationship doesn't matter in SBI as bank and SBI Cards are separate entity.
They will convert your card to LTF after 1 to 1.5years of usage, but you should struggle a bit for that. Also make considerable spends on the card in that time period, so that LTF conversion chances will go high.

Converted my SBI Pulse card to LTF.

I didn't request for card closure instead wrote a polite mail to customer care for conversation.

First mail to customer care they rejected instantly.

Then the same mail forwarded to the pno & this did the trick.

Application Rejected, without even asking for income, Im not sure how they check over leveraged without that...
1723730277658.png
Any escalations to ask for reason?

CIBIL 750+
not desperate enough to go to branch but is there a way to know the reason? I see some even took it to RBI Ombudsman regarding the reason for other cards
Don't know their system criteria.

Don't waste your time getting an proper answer.They will always answer something vague.

CIBIL 750+
not desperate enough to go to branch but is there a way to know the reason? I see some even took it to RBI Ombudsman regarding the reason for other cards
you will only waste time in case of SBI Card...they have their reason ready to escape...

Back