• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Problem with union bank credit card

Tarun239

TF Premier
I recently opened a union bank account for union bank credit card. I applied for credit card on same day through branch itself. Did not get any sms/email regarding my credit card application for a month. Visited branch multiple times, now the reason they gave me is already u have very high existing limit on other cards, hence union bank card was not approved and can be applied only after 1 month with low limit. The reason given doesn't seem logical. Can anyone plz help.

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I recently opened a union bank account for union bank credit card. I applied for credit card on same day through branch itself. Did not get any sms/email regarding my credit card application for a month. Visited branch multiple times, now the reason they gave me is already u have very high existing limit on other cards, hence union bank card was not approved and can be applied only after 1 month with low limit. The reason given doesn't seem logical. Can anyone plz help.
I have the same issue. Nothing can be done. Only option is if you talk to BM and get approval.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Bank: You are already dating someone much better than me. So, why do you need me? You deserve better. 😛

Trust Me

TF Ace
I recently opened a union bank account for union bank credit card.

What's so special about a Union Bank credit card?! Thank your lucky star that they haven't issued you a card!

I'd done the same mistake 12 years back. Thought I'd closed the card when I'd submitted a written application for closure in April, 2016. They've never closed the card, and have kept on generating fake statements and credit bureau reports to this day! I'm currently in a fight with them for having the issue fixed. Read about it all here. I'll keep updating that thread as things develop.

Tarun239

TF Premier
What's so special about a Union Bank credit card?! Thank your lucky star that they haven't issued you a card!

I'd done the same mistake 12 years back. Thought I'd closed the card when I'd submitted a written application for closure in April, 2016. They've never closed the card, and have kept on generating fake statements and credit bureau reports to this day! I'm currently in a fight with them for having the issue fixed. Read about it all here. I'll keep updating that thread as things develop.
Oh my god.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Wellness benefits ka chakkar Babu bhaiya.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Wellness benefits ka chakkar Babu bhaiya.
Unfortunately other less palatable chakkars are also very likely with this Bank!

Even apart from my problem with the non-closure of my CC, there were very good reasons why I not only closed my FD, but my SB account with them too back in April, 2016. This has certainly been amongst the worst of all the Indian banks I've experienced so far.

bismaj

TF Select
Even i tried doing the same and it got rejected while applying online....when i dig deep into their site their is a clear mention that card can now be applied after having the account for at least 1 year and then depending on the account balance one can apply for their card.

deepcards

TF Premier

I have a question- isnt there some rule by RBI that if you don't do any transactions from your card within a year, it gets closed automatically? Indusind closed my card citing that rule.

Trust Me

TF Ace
I have a question- isnt there some rule by RBI that if you don't do any transactions from your card within a year, it gets closed automatically? Indusind closed my card citing that rule.
I think on paper there is a rule like that. But bank usually sends notification 30 days before closing as warning.

I think that's a more recent rule (2022 ?). My card was last used in December, 2013. I submitted a written request for closure in April, 2016. My unused card was not closed for more than 3 years in the interim. Nor did I receive any warning.

Of course, Union Bank chose not to close my card even for more than 7 years after my written request for closure, past two renewals, without any intimation to me whatsoever!

In India rules and civilized norms are only there for flouting.

nikhilesh71

TF Select
I think that's a more recent rule (2022 ?). My card was last used in December, 2013. I submitted a written request for closure in April, 2016. My unused card was not closed for more than 3 years in the interim. Nor did I receive any warning.

Of course, Union Bank chose not to close my card even for more than 7 years after my written request for closure, past two renewals, without any intimation to me whatsoever!

In India rules and civilized norms are only there for flouting.
Your case is prefect fit for escalating to RBI, Bank would give you a big fine amount for not closing card on time.

VHARIA

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
They rejected by application for the same reason. Here is the screenshot for the reason:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240318_160529_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_160529_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 7