Union Bank Credit card Application Experience

D3V1L

Sorry for the long post :(

Hi TF mates. Sharing my union Bank credit card application experience, which is still in process. (UPDATE- CLOSED ALL RELATIONSHIPS WITH UNION BANK)

Like few people in the community I also like to have credit card collection.

So last week I thought of applying union Bank credit card. First I went to their website to apply the credit card but the website link is broken. After entering all the details in the website I got an error and it asked to visit the bank for further process completion.

Next day when I visited the branch, as usual like other PSU banks they ask me to open a bank account with them. I was fully prepared and took all the documents needed. Then I filled up the 5 page form and given documents. Told once my account gets activated I can apply the credit card.
Next day the account got activated and I took the credit card application form. Strange thing they told apart from KYC document they need my 3 years ITR and 3 years Form 16. As I had only 2 years of ITR and form 16, they agreed and I submitted the documents for credit card. One thing the manager told they only consider ITR for the credit card application and credit limit and don't consider card to card or salary slip income proofs.

On the same day of application i.e. 1st June, I got a CIBIL enquiry from Union Bank for credit card. After 4 days on 5th May I got another enquiry from Union Bank, but this time the enquiry type is "Loan against fixed deposit".

I visited the branch again to enquiry. This time the manager told that the first CIBIL enquiry was not completed successfully due to some system crash, but second time CIBIL enquiry was done for only credit card. I showed her the enquiry type but she refuse to accept their fault.

Now the most irritating thing of the day when I heard from her that I need to submit all of my credit card's 16 digit numbers, issuer bank and credit limit in a blank paper, in order to process my Union Bank credit card application.
I told her I have more than 40 credit cards and hard ro fulfill this request for just a credit card application.
Now she told with attitude if you want the credit card then you have to follow the banks process. When I asked is it safe to provide credit card number as RBI only advises that never share your card information to anyone, then the manager was like I don't know if it safe, but its in our process, if you want the card then you have to submitted the details.

Now I don't know I should really go for the card. But one thing for sure, majority of the PSU banks have worst application process and strange documents demands when it comes to credit card application process.

I have attached my CIBIL enquiry image also which I am thinking to raise a dispute first with bank and then CIBIL.

• Screenshot_2023-06-06-04-52-56-22_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-06-04-52-56-22_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 189

Hi TF mates. Sharing my union Bank credit card application experience, which is still in process.

So last week I thought of applying union Bank credit card. First I went to their website to apply the credit card but the website link is broken. After entering all the details in the website I got an error and it asked to visit the bank for further process completion.

Next day when I visited the branch, as usual like other PSU banks they ask me to open a bank account with them. I was fully prepared and took all the documents needed. Then I filled up the 5 page form and given documents. Told once my account gets activated I can apply the credit card.
Next day the account got activated and I took the credit card application form. Strange thing they told apart from KYC document they need my 3 years ITR and 3 years Form 16. As I had only 2 years of ITR and form 16, they agreed and I submitted the documents for credit card. One thing the manager told they only consider ITR for the credit card application and credit limit and don't consider card to card or salary slip income proofs.

On the same day of application i.e. 1st June, I got a CIBIL enquiry from Union Bank for credit card. After 4 days on 5th May I got another enquiry from Union Bank, but this time the enquiry type is "Loan against fixed deposit".

I visited the branch again to enquiry. This time the manager told that the first CIBIL enquiry was not completed successfully due to some system crash, but second time CIBIL enquiry was done for only credit card. I showed her the enquiry type but she refuse to accept their fault.

Now the most irritating thing of the day when I heard from her that I need to submit all of my credit card's 16 digit numbers, issuer bank and credit limit in a blank paper, in order to process my Union Bank credit card application.
I told her I have more than 40 credit cards and hard ro fulfill this request for just a credit card application.
Now she told with attitude if you want the credit card then you have to follow the banks process. When I asked is it safe to provide credit card number as RBI only advises that never share your card information to anyone, then the manager was like I don't know if it safe, but its in our process, if you want the card then you have to submitted the details.

Now I don't know I should really go for the card. But one thing for sure, majority of the PSU banks have worst application process and strange documents demands when it comes to credit card application process.

I have attached my CIBIL enquiry image also which I am thinking to raise a dispute first with bank and then CIBIL.
Because of this headache process, most of the tfcians doesn't hold credit card from psu's.

Only SBI,BOB are best

I heard pnb too giving with out any irritating conditions, only for ac holders*

Psu's doesn't care credit card applications unless demand on loans (high interest types) decreases. Sbi, bob, pnb changed due to the this trend.

Trust Me

STOP! Thank your lucky stars if you haven't got your card already, and STAY AWAY from this rogue bank!

I just found out that they have never reported the 2016 closure of my secured credit card with them, and still keep on filing fraudulent reports to all the credit bureaus for 7 years with delayed payments and all !!!

D3V1L

STOP! Thank your lucky stars if you haven't got your card already, and STAY AWAY from this rogue bank!

I just found out that they have never reported the 2016 closure of my secured credit card with them, and still keep on filing fraudulent reports to all the credit bureaus for 7 years with delayed payments and all !!!
Yeah. The same day I went and told manager you dont respect privacy as you asking all card 16digit num and same day closed their useless savings account.

D3V1L

Because of this headache process, most of the tfcians doesn't hold credit card from psu's.

Only SBI,BOB are best

I heard pnb too giving with out any irritating conditions, only for ac holders*

Psu's doesn't care credit card applications unless demand on loans (high interest types) decreases. Sbi, bob, pnb changed due to the this trend.
Correct said bro.
Even when I applied for Indian Bank card the manager asked me what do you do with so many cards. I directly told its none of your business. They delayed my application 3 months. After complaining to Obudsman my card got process after nearly 4months i got my card with only 25K limit😂

Trust Me

* Update: I've since detailed my experience in the thread below --

"Fraudulent Union Bank reports keep on harming my Credit Rating for 7 years after closure of CC !!!"

Hi TF mates. Sharing my union Bank credit card application experience, which is still in process. (UPDATE- CLOSED ALL RELATIONSHIPS WITH UNION BANK)

Same incident happened with me and they told me why are you using that many of cards. He told me k that will impact your credit score. i was like i know buddy whom are you trying to understand😂😂

souvikdey2002

2 Points:-

1. I fought with UBI & went untill Nirmala Sitharaman for the same issue but they didn't issue me a Card because my income was not justified with total Credit offered.
2. They have the rules that you have to write all the Card Numbers in a blank paper, I also did the same thing, ultimately didn't get the card.
3. For removing the enquiry you can mail to the below mail id, needful will be done.
cibilhelpdesk@unionbankofindia.bank
4. If your total offered limit is more than 70% of declared income in ITR then you are going to get a Card from them.

sksameerpatels

1. I fought with UBI & went untill Nirmala Sitharaman for the same issue but they didn't issue me a Card because my income was not justified with total Credit offered.
2. They have the rules that you have to write all the Card Numbers in a blank paper, I also did the same thing, ultimately didn't get the card.
3. For removing the enquiry you can mail to the below mail id, needful will be done.
4. If your total offered limit is more than 70% of declared income in ITR then you are going to get a Card from them.
Apka account hai to BM se karwalo 50k limit miljayegi baad me Enhance karwalena

Nirmala sitharamam for cc?

Sai Ganesh

I am a cc enthusiast. So only trying to apply bro. I went till the process it gave me headaches and then stopped😅
You are great bro for going through this much which has lot of patience , I am also feeling the same thing with these PSU banks all are waste.

They simply complain the customers that we prefer only Private banks like HDFC,AXIS etc.,

If they do service like this , who will come to PSU banks , it will get more worse only.

I don't see any chances of them getting improved.

I applied for a Union Bank credit card last week. It was a super easy process. Sat in the manager’s cabin, they offered me coffee and just filled a small form. He asked me to Whatsapp him a copy of ITR and PAN and that was it. He assured me it would be approved and that there would be no further verification or calls. Now the card is showing up on the app with a limit of 4 lakhs but is yet to be delivered. I have been a customer with them for 10 years. Earlier I had large fixed deposits with them but have been keeping only a few thousand in the savings account for the past few years as their interest rates are very low. So overall an easy process. Now waiting to see which card variant has been issued. The limit is relatively low but I only got it for the sake of having it!

Please see my experience above. I applied for similar reasons as you.