• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query about cashback after closing card

If I close my Flipkart axis credit card now. What will happen to my cashback which is due to be credited?
I had requested for my Flipkart Axis credit card closure then remembered that after the next bill generation I will be getting Rs 400-450 cashback so called again to Axis support to cancel my card cancellation request. Card got reactivated in 2 working days and now eagerly waiting for the bill to generate. I will also have to wait for 2nd bill generation too for the cashback to credit.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had requested for my Flipkart Axis credit card closure then remembered that after the next bill generation I will be getting Rs 400-450 cashback so called again to Axis support to cancel my card cancellation request. Card got reactivated in 2 working days and now eagerly waiting for the bill to generate. I will also have to wait for 2nd bill generation too for the cashback to credit.
Even for closed credit cards, you can request to transfer the cashback to your Axis bank account (if you have it).

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes this an option but I do not want to complicate things so I decided to wait for a couple of months for card closure so that the card is reported as closed in my CIBIL report with exact 0 as outstanding balance.
Are you planning to spend that money or transfer it? If spend, you will again receive cashback of small amount. And the cycle will continue.
:LOL:

headofants

TF Buzz
It's okay. You will get it. I had closed my card. After 10-15 days of card closure, asked them to give it to me again. New card number got generated, and I received cashback of my old card in the new card.

headofants

TF Buzz
It's okay. You will get it. I had closed my card. After 10-15 days of card closure, asked them to give it to me again. New card number got generated, and I received cashback of my old card in the new card.
Had closed the card just before new year. When I asked them to give it to me again, received joining bonus again, lol.