• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Questions about Citi to Axis migration

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
What I gather from posts here about the aforementioned topic is that Axis bank is supposed to provide equivalent cards. But in my wife's case, things have been a bit different.

She received the notification of the migration and the IFSC changes a while ago but none whatsoever about her debit or credit card. Just a few days ago, she received a replacement Citi debit card instead of an Axis equivalent (as her current card is supposed to expire).

The other thing that I find weird is that her migrated Axis bank account is just a regular savings account instead of being a 0 MAB salary account.

We're thinking of closing her account, but I wanted to ask if others have also had similar experiences. And why didn't she receive Axis equivalent cards? Is that something we have to explicitly ask for?

What I gather from posts here about the aforementioned topic is that Axis bank is supposed to provide equivalent cards. But in my wife's case, things have been a bit different.

She received the notification of the migration and the IFSC changes a while ago but none whatsoever about her debit or credit card. Just a few days ago, she received a replacement Citi debit card instead of an Axis equivalent (as her current card is supposed to expire).

The other thing that I find weird is that her migrated Axis bank account is just a regular savings account instead of being a 0 MAB salary account.

We're thinking of closing her account, but I wanted to ask if others have also had similar experiences. And why didn't she receive Axis equivalent cards? Is that something we have to explicitly ask for?
Still they i mean Axis Bank wants to keep citi customers with a separate tag
Speak with branch and ask them to make it zero balance

That's understandable and I guess I can reach out to them for the account. But what about the cards?
Debit card, as long as it is linked to the Axis account, is fine I guess being a citibank card. But what about the credit card?

I was getting salary in Citibank Suvidha Salary account but Axis is migrating my account to Liberty Savings Account instead of Salary Account. I am just waiting for the migration to get completed for a clear picture.

And about debit card, they will replace the existing Citi debits cards only by Q4 of this year. So till then only citi cards will be issued and later replaced. Though the axis benefits will be effective from 15th July itself.

Regarding credit cards, there are other threads which dicussed citi’s corresponding axis card mapping, please refer it.

Back