• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI complaint on Standard Chartered Bank

Let me put it brazenly and simply: quibbling over an inquiry is not worth the time that gets spent having it removed.

The value people associate with and to their time is their prerogative and I wholly support their endeavours because it is their concern.

Support for what they’re doing and agreeing/ disagreeing with it are different things. Would I be bothered so much? Never for two inquiries. 6? I’ll do what I can to clobber their a**es.

As I said, their time, their choice how they prioritise it. If the argument you’re making is simply about right and wrong and no matter how much time gets wasted in righting the wrong, I support them completely from my life as it is not my time getting wasted. As, I’d dare say, are you.

But, I’ve always been talking about the worth of one’s time and prioritising its expenditure where we get the most returns.

It’s just how @SSV ‘bought’ Infinia with a ULIP, because he considered his time’s worth and figured it is better spent elsewhere than spending years and flushing money to become ‘eligible’ for a piece of plastic/ metal with some privileges.

Life is for living it.

Last edited:
The value people associate with and to their time is their prerogative and I wholly support their endeavours because it is their concern.

Support for what they’re doing and agreeing/ disagreeing with it are different things. Would I be bothered so much? Never for two inquiries. 6? I’ll do what I can to clobber their a**es.

As I said, their time, their choice how they prioritise it. If the argument you’re making is simply about right and wrong and no matter how much time gets wasted in righting the wrong, I support them completely from my life as it is not my time getting wasted. As, I’d dare say, are you.

But, I’ve always been talking about the worth of one’s time and prioritising its expenditure where we get the most returns.

It’s just how @SSV ‘bought’ Infinia with a ULIP, because he considered his time’s worth and figured it is better spent elsewhere than spending years and flushing money to become ‘eligible’ for a piece of plastic/ metal with some privileges.

Life is for living it.
Wondering why you are spending so much time trying to prove your point. Raising a complaint with RBIO actually takes much less time than the time you have spent here.

I never said I’m not in support. I’m simply questioning, rightly, I believe, about the fuss over the two inquiries and time wasted in getting the second removed. Those inquiries are not life and death, are they?
Why do you consider it as time wasted? Why are you forcing your views on to others? If I am ok spending my time in making things right what is bothering you? Don't you think you are wasting your time trying to force your opinion onto others?

Life is for living it.
So go live it. Let OP decide how he wants to spend his time. You don't need to tell everyone how they should spend their time.

Life is for living it.
So go live it. Let OP decide how he wants to spend his time. You don't need to tell everyone how they should spend their time

So go live it. Let OP decide how he wants to spend his time. You don't need to tell everyone how they should spend their time.

Who am I to ‘let’ anyone do anything? They’re completely free to do as they please.

I even said I cheer for them for going through the mental hassle and time from everything else in pursuing just one extra query.

I have simply stated my thoughts. If that feels like I’m forcing them down, then again, different problems to worry about.

Throughout my expression, I’ve been absolutely polite and courteous. Never have I insinuated anything negative. I’m unable to figure what has got you so riled up. :)

Who am I to ‘let’ anyone do anything? They’re completely free to do as they please.

I even said I cheer for them for going through the mental hassle and time from everything else in pursuing just one extra query.

I have simply stated my thoughts. If that feels like I’m forcing them down, then again, different problems to worry about.
Read your posts bro... I think you will understand.

I'll park it here.

Good. Else we will have totally derailed the discussion.

Expressing my beliefs is not thrusting them down anyone. It’s up to them to take from those views what they want.

Wh
Hello,

I applied for SCB platinum credit card on 3rd Feb, got approved & received the card.

Then I realized that they did double enquiry. I raised the request to remove duplicate enquiry and they kept asking me to share CIBIL reports multiple times. Finally they said they raised the request to CIBIL and update would need 45 working days.

View attachment 53703

Waited for 2 months and then raised RBI complaint. Bank sent email that they would need a month time to look into it.

I received call on 6th May, saying they got response from CIBIL that there is no double enquiry and kept asking me to share new CIBIL report. Had no other option, but I did share.

Today, 15th May I received call again saying they raised a special request towards CIBIL and update would happen in 5 working days.
As a compensation, the lady offered me a compensation of 1000 towards my Credit card. I denied saying I incurred more cost in producing so many CIBIL reports, and what about the delay of 3 months...

She said max she can do is 1200 which is CIBIL yearly subscription. She said bank provides max 250 only as compensation. and max is 1500 which she can do with some approval. I denied saying its peanuts. She asked what do I want & I asked for Ultimate LTF which she denied.

Finally she said I would be receiving final email from their internal ombudsmen.

Guys, what do you suggest...
What was final outcome of ur case?

What compensation u got?

Its stuck, I got no response from SCB nor from RBI.

Complaint is open but no progress.

Any idea how to gain some traction?
For how many months complaint is open?
U may call Ombudsman office or mail them what has happened in ur complaint till date?

1726761577703.webp

If they fail to fix the CIBIL within 30 days, one is eligible for 100 compensation per day. Same has been mentioned by SC Bank.

Complaint raised in Feb, they can delay all they want, there is nothing I would loose... other then sending them email once in a while !
I will soon get a 5 digit compensation.

Back