• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI complaint on Standard Chartered Bank

Haven't heard of it. I too raised a case against ICICI but didn't get any compensation. Only the CIBIL hits were removed.

@SSV @#aniket @HumorSimpson @vaibhav111 any idea if this is RBI rule?
Confused Bugs Bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

Glad that our complaint posts did something good for you.

Request you to explain the issue and share your experiences.
Here it goes:

Had applied for SCB rewards card just for cc offers. Some weird thing they did and I got calls from their agents, to which I followed to whatever they told, I didn't realise that time that 2 CIBIL hits will happen. After 2 3 days my card go approved. I was just casually checking onescore , there I saw two CIBIL hits for one application, so I raised the compliant in last week of March, they didn't reply, so I followed up in April 1st week , they didn't reply, so even I didn't bother to ask again. I even lost my CashKaro rewards due to this worth 3000 rs, then in August, their reply came that they will be taking up this compliant and will solve it by last week of August, when last week of August came, sc customer care lady called me and told please check we have removed the enquiry. I told that's great but what took you so much time? And I need compensation, She was like we got the compliant in August only and it was a problem from CIBIL side so you're not eligible for any compensation, so I was like okay and thanks, then she disconnected. I again e-mailed them and got same reply that they won't provide any compensation, Somewhere I wasn't satisfied with the resolution and also I'd come across this thread and another thread, so I raised compliant on the same day to RBI ombudsman in frustration seeking for compensation although my issue was resolved. Though I didn't expect anything, within next 2 days I got an email from SC bank that they've received my compliant from honourable ombudsman and will process it by September 19, on september 17 she called me and told sorry , "a little delay happened in solving your compliant" I told I'd done this compliant in March is it little delay for you? She was like sorry for bad experience, we will provide you 9.5K compensation as raised by you in RBI ombudsman. She sent a mail mentioning the same and asking for bank details and asked me to reply to that mail that my issue is resolved with my satisfaction. I sent the mail, and again I had to follow up for next two days, today they credited the money. No acknowledgement received from them but that's their issue now.
Sorry for the long post, hope it helps.

Last edited:
Back