• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL Monthly Treats Credit Card Facelift

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
In these times of devaluations, RBL going the other way with the Monthly Treats Card.
The monthly Fees are increased to Rs 100, and the fee waver limit is increased to 5000.
However, online transactions will now give 5 rather than 2 points.
While Swiggy and grocery monthly benefits of Rs 100 each are gone, they are replaced with a better, 10 percent up to 300 each on Zomato, Uber and Myntra.

Bookmyshow benefits increased from 10 percent up to 100 to 10 percent up to 300 per month.
Milestone benefits are introduced, yearly spends of 200000 will give you a voucher of 1000, spends of 500000 will earn you a voucher of 5000, from Amazon, Flipkart, Shopersstop and Chroma.
Fuel surcharge waver limit is also increased to 150 per month from the existing 100.
Overall, I think changes are OK. Perhaps Monthly Treats is the card to hold if you want an RBL card?

Attachments

Last edited:
In these times of devaluations, RBL going the other way with the Monthly Treats Card.
The monthly Fees are increased to Rs 100, and the fee waver limit is increased to 5000.
However, online transactions will now give 5 rather than 2 points.
While Swiggy and grocery benefits of Rs 100 each are gone, they are replaced with a better, 10 percent up to 300 each on Zomato, Uber and Myntra.
Milestone benefits are introduced, yearly spends of 200000 will give you a voucher of 1000, spends of 500000 will earn you a voucher of 5000, from Amazon, Flipkart, Shopersstop and Chroma.
Fuel surcharge waver limit is also increased to 150 per month from the existing 100.
Overall, I think changes are OK. Perhaps Monthly Treats is the card to hold if you want an RBL card?
I don't see any value for money proposition as better cards providing better benefits in the same categories are already available.

If you really want to just hold a card from RBL better go for the LTF Paisabazaar Duet credit card atleast it gives you flat 1% unlimited cashback. No problem of reward redemption fees.

If you like watching movies go for the Play card. Two movie tickets worth ₹500. No bullcrap.

Except LTF World Safari, none of the RBL card is upto the mark.

I don't see any value for money proposition as better cards providing better benefits in the same categories are already available.

The Uber offer is fairly decent and not too sure any card in this range is providing the same. The trick on Myntra and Zomato is to combine this card with the platform's own coupons. RBL cards aren't the most in demand for sure. But if you hold one for offers that they used to have in good numbers earlier, this is surely worth it.

Back