• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I did some analysis of My Edge Rewards History and Magnus Burgundy points distribution and I have got the formula they are using.

For calculating Magnus Burgundy points, they check last edge reward credits (until it reaches current total edge points) and include All Magnus Base rewards (both old magnus and new magnus burgundy), Exclude other credit card points (I have select and samsung), Exclude debit card points, Exclude Grab deals points, Exclude Other cards welcome benefits (Samsung welcome benefit), Exclude Manual additions (Retention point).

I don't have any points from Gyftr and Magnus monthly milestone in last few months, so can't confirm about them. But as grab deals is not considered under Magnus Burgundy, mostly Gyftr also won't be considered. Hopefully, Grab deals and Gyftr points (and possibly monthly milestone) exclusion is a bug and will be fixed soon.

Reversals from Travel edge failed transfer is not counted towards edge/magnus burgundy point and actual credit transaction done for them is considered, which is right.

Now, The current bug is that (good for us ) when we redeem Magnus Burgundy points, it just deducts from Total edge points only and then recalculates new Magnus Burgundy points based on current total edge points and last few transactions history like mentioned above. They can easily fix this by removing recalculation logic of magnus burgundy points after every transfer and instead deduct from both total points and magnus burgundy points everytime after a transfer is done. So a fix is coming soon.

Get your points empty as soon as possible specifically if u have significant points from other credit/debit cards, welcome benefits or Retention bonus. For Gyftr/Grab deals, u can still fight with customer care.
There seems to some funny logic through which they do the calculations. My previous post of default transfer of '8760' points from ERs to Magnus Burgundy is also wrong. With two transfers/conversions its not taking further requests. Now the ERs have been kind of frozen at 15K and there are only 2K in Magnus Burgundy. So as an advice, I'll still say that convert all ERs before segregation kicks in.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
There seems to some funny logic through which they do the calculations. My previous post of default transfer of '8760' points from ERs to Magnus Burgundy is also wrong. With two transfers/conversions its not taking further requests. Now the ERs have been kind of frozen at 15K and there are only 2K in Magnus Burgundy. So as an advice, I'll still say that convert all ERs before segregation kicks in.
As mentioned, Check ur transaction history of edge points of last few transactions until u reach 15K. Now out of all those, check how many you have got from Magnus as base points. It will match exactly. Exclude everything else like i mentioned.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As mentioned, Check ur transaction history of edge points of last few transactions until u reach 15K. Now out of all those, check how many you have got from Magnus as base points. It will match exactly. Exclude everything else like i mentioned.
Ya must be. I think it’ll stay stuck at 15K only until they resolve and then it is going to be fait accompli.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
No. Around 5K should be GYFTR. If I transfer these 2K as well then will the Magnus Burgundy wallet again refill from ERs?
What r rest 8K from?

It depends on last 11K credit source. It will recalculate like I explained. You need to read my post carefully to understand how it works.

In short, As long as at least ur last 300 points are from base magnus points, u will not reach 0 for Magnus burgundy.

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
So my October OGS shows AQB 23 lakhs, it should make me eligible for the upgrade right?

How to get it upgraded? Called customer support yesterday and they said that my RM has to send the OGS file to their premium support email?

Is this the way or a time waste?

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can someone please explain how this consent to upgrade existing Magnus to MB works. You get a sms which opens a site for filling in the details? Is that a unique link or will work for other eligible burgundy customers as well? What information you will fill in that site/form providing consent?

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
Ok so I sent the October OGS form to Axis Bank premium support email. I maintain 23 lakhs AQB in Oct OGS and a balance of more than 30 lakhs. The premium experience replies back that I'm not eligible for an upgrade lol
This is BS of the highest order.

SS33

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Ok so I sent the October OGS form to Axis Bank premium support email. I maintain 23 lakhs AQB in Oct OGS and a balance of more than 30 lakhs. The premium experience replies back that I'm not eligible for an upgrade lol
In the same boat .. ! I presume the TRV would have been achieved around 13th Oct and this is the first OGS with the required TRV. One of the CC guys says need to wait 45 days from the OGS which is pure BS - after achieving the TRV more than 45 days earlier than the offer end date of 30th Nov, this 45 days from OGS shoots the possibility of availing the LTF offer. I had to share a piece of my mind with my RM regarding this and taking customers and their money for a ride !!!

I fail to understand when the TnC can be revised multiple times over a period of more than a month, why cant the offer end date for LTF card be extended accordingly by the period taken for the TnC and revisions to be put in place! Somebody in charge of this stuff at Ax-is must be smoking something of the highest severity !!!

palvannan

TF Select
That must be 23L AMB for October and not AQB. Since you opened the Burgundy account only in the middle Sep , you will not be eligible for upgrade of your existing Magnus card on the basis of AQB as they insist on 3 months OGS and not averaging out the last two months average monthly balances from Sep and Oct OGS , for quarterly average balance calculation ( ie AQB for the previous 3 month period). As per FAQ , you should be technically eligible to apply for upgrade , 45 days from the exact date TRV value reached 30 lakhs in September /October. Though some CC take the month end OGS date ( like 30th Sep/31st Oct) as the TRV achievement date from which 45 days is calculated ! For How long you are holding existing Magnus credit card ?

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
That must be 23L AMB for October and not AQB. Since you opened the Burgundy account only in the middle Sep , you will not be eligible for upgrade of your existing Magnus card on the basis of AQB as they insist on 3 months OGS and not averaging out the last two months average monthly balances from Sep and Oct OGS , for quarterly average balance calculation ( ie AQB for the previous 3 month period). As per FAQ , you should be technically eligible to apply for upgrade , 45 days from the exact date TRV value reached 30 lakhs in September /October. Though some CC take the month end OGS date ( like 30th Sep/31st Oct) as the TRV achievement date from which 45 days is calculated ! For How long you are holding existing Magnus credit card ?

Holding Magnus since Jan this year