• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card application for SBI account holder query

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,
Asking this for my family member.

Is there any way of application (through YONO, Online SBI, offline, app, etc) wherein an SBI Salary account holder could get preference and card processing will be smoother? (and chances of decline are minimized)

Location - Tier 2 town
Card required - SBI Vistara or Vistara Prime.
Existing Relation - SBI Platinum salary account holder, but no relation with SBICards.

I know from my own experience -> I applied CB through Sprint (SBICard website), and there was absolutely no consideration of me being an existing SBI Savings account holder.

Do we get any preference if apply through OnlineSBI or YONO

Thanks for your help!

SBI thinks that SBI account holder and SBI Card applicant are different entities living in another universe. Don't have the misconception that you get any sort of preference if you are savings account holder. At least, I believe so. I had 15+ years of Savings bank account, AMB of 50K, lakhs of PPF, lakhs of FD, 3 years running lakhs of home loan. Yet I have been rejected last October for SBI cashback card as per their alien policy. I had stopped applying for any SBI card after that. I believe there is no link between SBI Savings bank and Credit card team.

No, Just apply via sprint, If you already have good cibil score and other bank credit card then Your application will be approved without any income documents. Just digilocker kyc and bank account verification required.
Thanks for replying @Strange! Seems like they have finally made Sprint processing as digital. The last time I remember till Dec 2022, the sales persons used to copy paste data from Sprint into a physical form, forge customer signatures and submit for verification (hence, there used to be multiple calls where they asked each details again and again). :ROFLMAO:

Btw, How do we verify bank account - is it done thorugh Digilocker?

Thanks for replying @Strange! Seems like they have finally made Sprint processing as digital. The last time I remember till Dec 2022, the sales persons used to copy paste data from Sprint into a physical form, forge customer signatures and submit for verification (hence, there used to be multiple calls where they asked each details again and again). :ROFLMAO:

Btw, How do we verify bank account - is it done thorugh Digilocker?
Through ₹1 credit and debit verification from the same bank account.

Apply through sprint you'll enjoy the process.

SBI thinks that SBI account holder and SBI Card applicant are different entities living in another universe. Don't have the misconception that you get any sort of preference if you are savings account holder. At least, I believe so. I had 15+ years of Savings bank account, AMB of 50K, lakhs of PPF, lakhs of FD, 3 years running lakhs of home loan. Yet I have been rejected last October for SBI cashback card as per their alien policy. I had stopped applying for any SBI card after that. I believe there is no link between SBI Savings bank and Credit card team.
True....I agree, they have a pathetic integration. Even setting up the autopay from SBI Bank is a challenge

No, Just apply via sprint, If you already have good cibil score and other bank credit card then Your application will be approved without any income documents. Just digilocker kyc and bank account verification required.
F**k sprint portal. I applied from there and the digilocker thing didn't work. It threw errors continuously. they took my address manually.
And now I am stuck with the ekyc and physical card processing.
The thing is I already hold a SBI CC.

F**k sprint portal. I applied from there and the digilocker thing didn't work. It threw errors continuously. they took my address manually.
And now I am stuck with the ekyc and physical card processing.
The thing is I already hold a SBI CC.
Existing SBI card holders face such issue but your application will be approved after physical kyc by SBI Card agent.

Hi,
Asking this for my family member.

Is there any way of application (through YONO, Online SBI, offline, app, etc) wherein an SBI Salary account holder could get preference and card processing will be smoother? (and chances of decline are minimized)

Location - Tier 2 town
Card required - SBI Vistara or Vistara Prime.
Existing Relation - SBI Platinum salary account holder, but no relation with SBICards.

I know from my own experience -> I applied CB through Sprint (SBICard website), and there was absolutely no consideration of me being an existing SBI Savings account holder.

Do we get any preference if apply through OnlineSBI or YONO

Thanks for your help!
Applying online thru sprint works. I got my first ever SBI card i.e. CB card thru online with 3,72,000 limit without any prior relationship with SBI and no income documents.. Physical KYC done and no income documents were collected. This was back in Sep 2022.

Back