• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Apply Experience

DVK13

TF Buzz
So I applied SBI card few days ago and completed physical verification.Today morning i receive a msg that my application is rejected and that's fine whatever,but after 10 mins or so I get msg that my card is approved with last 4 digit of the,Currently I have not received any welcome letter on mail either recived dispatch information, Although there msg/missed call service is working fine it seems i tried to check my maybe approved card limit and it is showing me the approved limit,i also called there customer service and asked about it is approved or not and they are saying it's approved and will be dispatched soon.
Also since I applied I am unable to check my application status online they always kept on saying invalid application number although it was the correct one which i received.
So my question did anyone else had the same experience with sbi that they first reject you and then approve your application it is my first time experiencing this type of mess so I am confused now.

SBI and HDFC are known to do this. Don’t worry, wait and you’ll get your card.
I had HDFC card and there process was so smooth honestly
So I applied SBI card few days ago and completed physical verification.Today morning i receive a msg that my application is rejected and that's fine whatever,but after 10 mins or so I get msg that my card is approved with last 4 digit of the,Currently I have not received any welcome letter on mail either recived dispatch information, Although there msg/missed call service is working fine it seems i tried to check my maybe approved card limit and it is showing me the approved limit,i also called there customer service and asked about it is approved or not and they are saying it's approved and will be dispatched soon.
Also since I applied I am unable to check my application status online they always kept on saying invalid application number although it was the correct one which i received.
So my question did anyone else had the same experience with sbi that they first reject you and then approve your application it is my first time experiencing this type of mess so I am confused now.
So here is the update guys maybe it will help someone in future.So now the card which I applied is in transit and I have received the welcome letter etc(surely the story ends here of SBI saga).
Now coming to what was the lore behind the rejection of card msg which they sent me first and then sent me another msg of approved one.well today i got another mail from sbi that of the card which i applied 6 months earlier(never gotten any further update on that ever by sbi of the application) was the rejected one(confirmed by checking the application number of 6 months earlier and mentioned in the mail also it was the different variant to the card which i applied this time so yeah there is that i guess)
Also few days ago on text msg they not mentioned any application number they first said hey your card is rejected better luck next time and then said congratulation you are on the team lol so at that time I obviously thought it was the current one which they rejected first after I saw the msg.

Back