• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Debit Card: Reward FAQs Updated

desiviru

TF Ace
SBI (or their reward partner) has finally updated reward FAQs:

I am sharing only points that matters. All SBI Debit Cards are eligible to earn 1RP per 100 with min. of Rs.200 for 2 RP and its multiples with no exclusions as Govt txns will also earn RPs except IOCL Debit card which has more RPs on IOCL branded fuel stations but still eligible for these rewards as normal.

Virtual DC also eligible for same structure.

Till now I haven't seen any txn which hasn't provied RPs. But reward rate is 0.25% only and as a bonus for birthday month (Month in DOB registered for Primary account holder) is 2X RPs i.e double reward points or 0.50% for whole birthday month txns.

Source: https://rewardz.sbi/content/faq

24x7 Customer Care: 1800-209-8500

How do I earn SBI Points?

You earn SBI Rewardz Points on paying with your State Bank of India Debit Card at Point of Sale (offline store) and on e-commerce portals.

Where can I earn SBI Points?
You can earn SBI Points anywhere in India by making payments using your State Bank of India Debit Card.

What is the validity period of SBI Points?
All the points earned post 1st June'24 will be valid for 24 months or 2 years from the accrual date. However, the points earned prior to 1st June'24 will continue to have a validity of 36 months or 3 years from the accrual date. Additional points earned at Partner Stores are valid for 12 months or 1 year from the accrual date

What is the value of 1 SBI Point?
Value of 1 SBI Point = Rs. 0.25

When do Bank points get posted ?
Bank points will be posted within 7 days (can take 15 days in some cases) from the date of transaction.

When do Partner points or bonus points get posted ?
Partner or bonus points will be posted within 120 days from the date of transaction.

Redemption:

How do I redeem my SBI Points?

You can redeem your SBI Points for a wide range of products across categories such as apparel, electronics, jewellery, home décor, kitchen appliances and for services such as movie tickets, air tickets, mobile/DTH recharge & more.To redeem log on to https://www.rewardz.sbi/ or call SBI Rewardz Customer Care at 1800-209-8500 (Operational - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

Can I combine SBI Points and cash for redemption?

Yes, you can combine SBI Points and cash for redemption.

Do I need to log into my account to redeem my SBI Points?

To redeem your SBI Points on https://www.rewardz.sbi/, you need to register yourself on the portal and log in. You can also redeem your points at Max Get More Merchant stores. Please click here to get a complete list of such stores.

Is there any limit on number of redemption transactions that can be done in a day?

Yes, there is a limit of 9 redemption transactions not exceeding cumulative Rs.3,00,000 per 24 hours.

More Info:

This construct is applicable from 1’st May 2024. Capping of 1000 reward points per transaction applicable, subject to overall capping of 10000 reward points per calendar month per Customer ID including Birthday bonus.

Activation & Birthday bonus will be applicable from July 2019 onwards.

Please note: From 1’st May 2024, all exclusions on PoS and E-commerce transactions using SBI Debit Cards have been removed, except Fund Transfer transactions from Account to Wallet or Account to Account.

Max RPs per Txn per Day: 1000 (Rs.250) ,So don't go above 1L per txn in a day.

Max RPs Per Month: 10000 (Rs.2500).

In birthday month you will get normal reward points within 7 days and rest of points will be credited in next 120 days.

Ex: Your SBI account has birth date as 01-09-2000. So in month of Sept, all txns will be eligible for 2X RPs but max. limit will be followed which is given above so do txns according to the maxinmum structure only for day/month i.e birthday month don't cross Rs.50000/day or Rs.5 Lakh in whole birthday month as you won't get RPs more than per day / per month limits.

Also, In a financial year i.e between April 1 to March 31, if total txns are worth Rs.1 Lakh, you will get 1000 bonus points per Lakh but will be credited in next 120 days i.e by 31st, July every year. If you did 3L txns in a FY you are eligible for 3000 bonus RPs.

Last edited:

I am sharing only points that matters. All SBI Debit Cards are eligible to earn 1RP per 100 with min. of Rs.200 for 2 RP and its multiples with no exclusions as Govt txns will also earn RPs except IOCL Debit card which has more RPs on IOCL branded fuel stations but still eligible for these rewards as normal.

Till now I haven't seen any txn which hasn't provied RPs. But reward rate is 0.25% only and as a bonus for birthday month (Month in DOB registered for Primary account holder) is 2X RPs i.e double reward points or 0.50% for whole birthday month txns.

You earn SBI Rewardz Points on paying with your State Bank of India Debit Card at Point of Sale (offline store) and on e-commerce portals.

You can earn SBI Points anywhere in India by making payments using your State Bank of India Debit Card.

All the points earned post 1st June'24 will be valid for 24 months or 2 years from the accrual date. However, the points earned prior to 1st June'24 will continue to have a validity of 36 months or 3 years from the accrual date. Additional points earned at Partner Stores are valid for 12 months or 1 year from the accrual date

Bank points will be posted within 7 days (can take 15 days in some cases) from the date of transaction.

Partner or bonus points will be posted within 120 days from the date of transaction.

Redemption:

You can redeem your SBI Points for a wide range of products across categories such as apparel, electronics, jewellery, home décor, kitchen appliances and for services such as movie tickets, air tickets, mobile/DTH recharge & more.To redeem log on to https://www.rewardz.sbi/ or call SBI Rewardz Customer Care at 1800-209-8500 (Operational - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

To redeem your SBI Points on https://www.rewardz.sbi/, you need to register yourself on the portal and log in. You can also redeem your points at Max Get More Merchant stores. Please click here to get a complete list of such stores.

Is there any limit on number of redemption transactions that can be done in a day?

Yes, there is a limit of 9 redemption transactions not exceeding cumulative Rs.3,00,000 per 24 hours.

More Info:

This construct is applicable from 1’st May 2024. Capping of 1000 reward points per transaction applicable, subject to overall capping of 10000 reward points per calendar month per Customer ID including Birthday bonus.

Please note: From 1’st May 2024, all exclusions on PoS and E-commerce transactions using SBI Debit Cards have been removed, except Fund Transfer transactions from Account to Wallet or Account to Account.

In birthday month you will get normal reward points within 7 days and rest of points will be credited in next 120 days.

In a financial year i.e between April 1 to March 31, if total txns are worth Rs.1 Lakh, you will get 1000 bonus points per Lakh but will be credited in next 120 days i.e by 31st, July every year. If you did 3L txns in a FY you are eligible for 3000 bonus RPs.

Ex: Your SBI account has birth date as 01-09-2000. So in month of Sept, all txns will be eligible for 2X RPs but just above max. limit is given so do txns according to the structure only.
Sbi dc doesn't give RP on cc bill payment on some platforms.

So does this mean wallet payments also will give rewards now using sbi db like earlier?
I think you didn't read the topic. Already mentioned. Please note: From 1’st May 2024, all exclusions on PoS and E-commerce transactions using SBI Debit Cards have been removed, except Fund Transfer transactions from Account to Wallet or Account to Account.

I think you didn't read the topic. Already mentioned. Please note: From 1’st May 2024, all exclusions on PoS and E-commerce transactions using SBI Debit Cards have been removed, except Fund Transfer transactions from Account to Wallet or Account to Account.
Oh yes missed that point. Thank you

Thread 'SBI Debit Card Reward Point - Changes w.e.f. 1st May, 2024' https://www.technofino.in/community...eward-point-changes-w-e-f-1st-may-2024.26536/

I paid cc bill on sbicard app with sbi dc but didn't get any rp.plz refer to this thread.
Maybe the MCC of SBI Card app is that of CC which won't fetch rewards anyways. Better use SBI Unipay or there are 2-3 others.

I have 50K to pay for cashback card this month. Just to confirm, paid 1K at SBICard app few mins back and will respond to you in next 3-4 days whether 10 pts come or not.

Maybe the MCC of SBI Card app is that of CC which won't fetch rewards anyways. Better use SBI Unipay or there are 2-3 others.

I have 50K to pay for cashback card this month. Just to confirm, paid 1K at SBICard app few mins back and will respond to you in next 3-4 days whether 10 pts come or not.
pay on jiofinance.. mcc category utility

pay on jiofinance.. mcc category utility
I already know about all the sites and apps that allow it. I paid 1K only to confirm what you said that you didn't got cb on paying sbicard app. Read my reply again to understand. I was already paying on jiofin from more than a month but only to check your response I let go 1k payment. :)

If I do two transactions of 1 lakh each on same day then will I get 1000 + 1000 rewards points ?

Also does cc bill payment on Cred using SBI DC fetch reward points ?

If I do two transactions of 1 lakh each on same day then will I get 1000 + 1000 rewards points ?

Also does cc bill payment on Cred using SBI DC fetch reward points ?
SBI per day max. reward is 1000. So you won't get above it in a single day and it includes all kinds of accelerated and bonus points. So maximum you can do in a day is 50K payment and rest 50K next day. You will get 500 normal + 500 bonus points. Max. per month is 10000. You will get RP as SBI recently included all categories except account transfer and wallet load for RPs.

P.S: If someone is having August as birth month don't do over Rs.33300 in a day. This will fetch you 999 pts till Aug 19. Many people here neither read TnC not fully understands it even after reading. Upar se mathematics mein hamesha passing marks hote thay inke. :ROFLMAO:

SBI per day max. reward is 1000. So you won't get above it in a single day and it includes all kinds of accelerated and bonus points. So maximum you can do in a day is 50K payment and rest 50K next day. You will get 500 normal + 500 bonus points. Max. per month is 10000. You will get RP as SBI recently included all categories except account transfer and wallet load for RPs.

P.S: If someone is having August as birth month don't do over Rs.33300 in a day. This will fetch you 999 pts till Aug 19. Many people here neither read TnC not fully understands it even after reading. Upar se mathematics mein hamesha passing marks hote thay inke. :ROFLMAO:
why not 1lakh in a single day since it will fetch 1000rp?? and what is the bonus 500rp you talking about?

Thanks @Hemang for highliting this. 10 points credited as checked. So wherever you use DC you are getting it because SBI hasn't excluded anything on eCOM DC payment and utilities are part of it. In March I got for Govt txns also for Stamp duty payments.

Redemption:

More Info:

Ex: Your SBI account has birth date as 01-09-2000. So in month of Sept, all txns will be eligible for 2X RPs but max. limit will be followed which is given above so do txns according to the maxinmum structure only for day/month i.e birthday month don't cross Rs.50000/day or Rs.5 Lakh in whole birthday month as you won't get RPs more than per day / per month limits.

Also, In a financial year i.e between April 1 to March 31, if total txns are worth Rs.1 Lakh, you will get 1000 bonus points per Lakh but will be credited in next 120 days i.e by 31st, July every year. If you did 3L txns in a FY you are eligible for 3000 bonus RPGrea
Great Information..Altough reward rate is low, still useful

1000 limit is not per day, it's per txn, capping is only per month

And please link the post explaining bonus you are referring to

Back