• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI new card application issue

arn

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I applied for SBI Cashback card through agent.

got physical kyc done, the application paper i signed on mentioned clearly that my application is for cashback card.
got verification call after that and it also mentioned cashback card and told all its benefits and fees.

but after that next day got SMS with a link to verify application, submitted it by otp after checking personal details.
now I received SMS that I have applied for BPCL SBI Rupay card .

I checked that final verification pdf again and that also mentioned BPCL card.

while the physical form I signed and all on call verification mentioned cash back card only.

I contacted that agent also, he said they have filed for correction to SBI, and I should get a new verification call from SBI. but its around 7 days and I did not got any call.

so what should I do now ? the application number received on SMS is also not getting tracked on SBI Sprint portal

I applied for SBI Cashback card through agent.

got physical kyc done, the application paper i signed on mentioned clearly that my application is for cashback card.
got verification call after that and it also mentioned cashback card and told all its benefits and fees.

but after that next day got SMS with a link to verify application, submitted it by otp after checking personal details.
now I received SMS that I have applied for BPCL SBI Rupay card .

I checked that final verification pdf again and that also mentioned BPCL card.

while the physical form I signed and all on call verification mentioned cash back card only.

I contacted that agent also, he said they have filed for correction to SBI, and I should get a new verification call from SBI. but its around 7 days and I did not got any call.

so what should I do now ? the application number received on SMS is also not getting tracked on SBI Sprint portal
Did you keep a proof of the initial application?
If yes, then you need not worry. Escalate
If no, wait till they revert back

The last time I checked SBI Cashcard card was only possible if applied through SBI Sprint. Has it changed and now agents too can apply? Agents will do anything in the name of getting their fair share from the bank for onboarding the customer so I am asking.

Did you keep a proof of the initial application?
If yes, then you need not worry. Escalate
If no, wait till they revert back
No I do not have any proof of initial application except the SMS which mentions that this person will contact you for kyc of cashback card. I do not have any proof of that signed application form I gave which I checked to be mentioning Cashback card.

its not physical agent.
I applied for Cashback card in nov first but due to some issues it was not completed, so got call from some 'agent' saying that it is approved to you, just pending document pickup and he can arrange a pickup for me.
although what he actually did is filing somehow a new application for me for cashback card.
not sure how he did it directly. but the physical form I got during physical verification did mentioned printed cashback card.

and the verification call I received after that also confirmed that the application is for cashback card.

now Agent is saying that probably the final verification call probably hit the wrong card from dropdown list for approval.

received SMS today from SBI that card is approved.
in SBI card app its showing BPCL card.

filed a complaint now to SBI. lets see if they can help.

if I do not use the new card after opening. will I be able to apply for a new card right now ?

Kinda in the same boat… agent said it's simply written as "SimplySave" credit card after the confirmation call within 2 hours you'll get one final email from some Delhi office in that apply for cashback and you'd get cashback card but so far haven't received any such email. Won't be surprised if they (agent) stops picking my call after the entire process is done and I am stuck with this simplysave… let's see.

Common in SBI.Third party agent lie just to increase application and to get their comssion.They tell fake limit,fill application wrongly,tell u after filling that application got approved and so mant lies.Beware of SBI thirs party agents

Few things can be done
1) don't activate your card
2) in this case you may get call from SBI to activate your card after few days
3) you ask them you applied for Cashback card but received some other card so you don't want this card
either you will get this card as LTF or fee waived for first year or it gets cancelled.
But there is no way to get Cashback card against this SimplySave/BPCL or any other card you received. You need to apply fresh for Cashback card online but after 3 months as SBI already issues one card against your PAN number.

The last time I checked SBI Cashcard card was only possible if applied through SBI Sprint. Has it changed and now agents too can apply? Agents will do anything in the name of getting their fair share from the bank for onboarding the customer so I am asking.
Yes application is via online but verification is via agent

Interesting, thanks for pointing this out. Will see which card ends up getting delivered. I don't mind waiting for 3M or 6M… already have a HDFC Millennia which is serving me well
Few things can be done
3) you ask them you applied for Cashback card but received some other card so you don't want this card
either you will get this card as LTF or fee waived for first year or it gets cancelled.
But there is no way to get Cashback card against this SimplySave/BPCL or any other card you received. You need to apply fresh for Cashback card online but after 3 months as SBI already issues one card against your PAN number.

Few things can be done
Yes thinking same, wont activate the card. already mailed SBI about this. waiting for them to call back.
I dont think they will be offering the current dispatched card as LTF even if its thr fault to issue wrong card, FYF can be done as usually SBI reverse the fee if we complain.

Common in SBI.Third party agent lie just to increase application and to get their comssion.They tell fake limit,fill application wrongly,tell u after filling that application got approved and so mant lies.Beware of SBI thirs party agents
yes, happened with me in previous attempt. Agent initially offered cashback, after all d kyc n other formalities at last verification call I got informed that my application is filled for Chroma card. I denied. and then they started new application for Cashback (after saying they have to take permission from higher authorities for that, reverted after 2 days that approval arrived).
and this time Im 100% sure its applied for Cashback only as I clearly checked on paper application form during signing, and final verification stage also I was told that application is for cashback card.
so this particular case I dont think its fault at third party agent level.

Yes thinking same, wont activate the card. already mailed SBI about this. waiting for them to call back.
I dont think they will be offering the current dispatched card as LTF even if its thr fault to issue wrong card, FYF can be done as usually SBI reverse the fee if we complain.

yes, happened with me in previous attempt. Agent initially offered cashback, after all d kyc n other formalities at last verification call I got informed that my application is filled for Chroma card. I denied. and then they started new application for Cashback (after saying they have to take permission from higher authorities for that, reverted after 2 days that approval arrived).
and this time Im 100% sure its applied for Cashback only as I clearly checked on paper application form during signing, and final verification stage also I was told that application is for cashback card.
so this particular case I dont think its fault at third party agent level.
after making a complaint to SBI of wrong card alloted , nothing happened. they just said they will revert in 11 days, and its been 20 but nothing yet.
I finally filed for BPCL card closure , got call from SBI immediately and they didnt even tried to hear what my issue was, simply said that we will refund your yearly fee, and if you continue then after few months you can convert it to LTF.
I asked about swapping this with cashback card to which they said it cant be done for new cards, you need to use it for few months and then it can be converted.
a friend of mine was able to convert his old Simplyclick to Cashback though, so I think I should now wait for a few days

after making a complaint to SBI of wrong card alloted , nothing happened. they just said they will revert in 11 days, and its been 20 but nothing yet.
I finally filed for BPCL card closure , got call from SBI immediately and they didnt even tried to hear what my issue was, simply said that we will refund your yearly fee, and if you continue then after few months you can convert it to LTF.
I asked about swapping this with cashback card to which they said it cant be done for new cards, you need to use it for few months and then it can be converted.
a friend of mine was able to convert his old Simplyclick to Cashback though, so I think I should now wait for a few days
One month back my brother asked same to convert his old simplyclick to cashback card but he was denied. He then closed his card and will soon plan to apply cashback card.

same happened to me as well. tried to applied cashback card online. but my area was not in servicabke area so application was not completed. few days later got called from agent and she said she can apply on my behalf and it will be approved. did the vkyc and later got call from her that my simplyclick is approved, i protested and said i applied for cashback card not simplyclick and will complain against you then she said i will recify it. again got call for verification from SBI but before proceeding i tried to verify for which card and they said its for Bpcl card. i raised the dispute that i have applied for cashback not bpcl and your agent has changed the application and i rejected the verification process.
Bottom line never apply for sbi card through agent, they can do anything for their commission.

I spoke to the retail sales manager head in Hyderbad as I had a similar issue. He said Cashback SBI cards are only being given through online or retail channels such as airports malls etc..and these regular agents who hang around in SBI branches won't be able to apply for Cashback card from their agent portal.

As my SBI CASHBACK card application (during Dec 2022) was rejected right after the digilocker step, I emailed the Customer Service head last week for reconsideration of application and asking the reason for rejection.
I got a reply that rejection had nothing to do with my credit worthiness and was purely a business decision. I was told to apply again and see.
Today I applied again from Sprint online and got rejected again. At same stage as last time, right after giving digilocker access.
Emailed the Customer Service Head again. Let's see what happens.

Back