• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI new card application

amitr29

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi ,

I applied for a SBI Etihad guest premier card through SPRINT. After few days of login physical verification was done. Didn't get any update on status for 7-8 days. Later, when I checked online it said card is declined. Called an agent and he said card is declined as office and resi address is the same. Verification guy rejected, as he didn't find any company board outside.

I am a consultant and hence operate from home. Show income of more than 30 lacs in ITR. Have GSTR and other business documents. I have CIBIL of 800 and clean track. No history with SBI cards.

I sent email to customer care and received general response that application is declined due to internal policies. Surprissingly, they have asked me to reapply for a SBI/Tata card 🤔 Should I send a mail to PNO? Anything else I can go to get the card?

Also, agent is asking me to apply again and give friend's office address and business address.

Hi ,

I applied for a SBI Etihad guest premier card through SPRINT. After few days of login physical verification was done. Didn't get any update on status for 7-8 days. Later, when I checked online it said card is declined. Called an agent and he said card is declined as office and resi address is the same. Verification guy rejected, as he didn't find any company board outside.

I am a consultant and hence operate from home. Show income of more than 30 lacs in ITR. Have GSTR and other business documents. I have CIBIL of 800 and clean track. No history with SBI cards.

I sent email to customer care and received general response that application is declined due to internal policies. Surprissingly, they have asked me to reapply for a SBI/Tata card 🤔 Should I send a mail to PNO? Anything else I can go to get the card?

Also, agent is asking me to apply again and give friend's office address and business address.
You should give office address same as home but in different way like nearby or something wich not mentioned in home address.

Hi ,

You can request pno to reconsider your application but it's SBI. Pno will also not help much other than asking to reapply after 3 months.
Btw, how did you get connected with agent, you applied online right?

You can request pno to reconsider your application but it's SBI. Pno will also not help much other than asking to reapply after 3 months.
Btw, how did you get connected with agent, you applied online right?
Yes, applied online. Met an agent at mall after I applied online. He is actually a SBI employee.

He gave me exact reason for decline within 2-3 minutes.

Company board is the main thing they look for. Happened same with me while opening current account, you have to print your business name on A4 paper and paste it on door and then ask verification person to take photo. This i did with ICICI and verification processed successfully.

This trick is given by sbicard employee and also got approval of my credit card my office and home is same
He is asking to reapply now and give friends office address. He says no office address proof required only address.

My only worry is that I applied on 17th Aug with some details and I will be reapplying with different details within 10-15 days.

Last edited:
He is asking to reapply now and give friends office address. He says no office address required only address.

My only worry is that I applied on 17th Aug with some details and I will be reapplying with different details within 10-15 days.
Yes you can apply sbi credit card after rejection there is no cooldown period but it depend on you can back to back CreditCard.Office verification is possible so apply properly.In my credit card application there is only office verification no physical verification.

Hi ,

I also applied for the same and rejected today. I have mailed them for reason. It was very important for me because of Etihad gold status. I will be travelling in October with my child in Etihad. I don't know what to do now.

I also applied for the same and rejected today. I have mailed them for reason. It was very important for me because of Etihad gold status. I will be travelling in October with my child in Etihad. I don't know what to do now.
Have escalated to Nodal officer. Hope are less but still wanted to do it

Just a side query - For salaried, will the SPRINT portal send the application for agent/ekyc verification if current residential address is different than Aadhar address ?

It's completely luck based
No one can guarantee
Yeah..and it's a mess if it remains incomplete or goes for agent verification.....

For one of my family members, the current address was as per Digilocker Aadhar, and the card got generated at the end of Sprint process...... but not so smooth for another friends whose Aadhar pin code was unserviceable, and hence, current address was put as different (that of serviceable area)

Yeah..and it's a mess if it remains incomplete or goes for agent verification.....

For one of my family members, the current address was as per Digilocker Aadhar, and the card got generated at the end of Sprint process...... but not so smooth for another friends whose Aadhar pin code was unserviceable, and hence, current address was put as different (that of serviceable area)
My also today application was rejected, I think this is because my permanent and current address are different.

Back