• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Unipay: Credit Card Bill Payments Failed - Customers Struggle with Refunds

8800 failed while paying IDFC credit card bill yesterday. No transaction history of it aswell.... 26000 Axis CC payment successfull...
Both were done via hdfc plat Debit Card and received 1% points aswell for both transactions... Reward points credited in just one day...

Hello 👋 folks,

I tried making CC payments thrice on different occasions with small amounts on SBI UNIPay Portal via HDFC DC for 1% CB however it failed on all the three occasions in last one week. Money gets deducted and refund atleast takes anywhere from 3 to 5 working days. For me SBI Unipay never works & always gets failed. Anyone having similar issues like me, what could be the reason for payment failure? SBI customer service sucks and never gets any reply. Help would be much appreciated on how get it fixed. Thanks

Paid 6439 HDFC credit card bill via Jio Finance with hdfc plat DC and received RPs in just one day.. Will continue to use Jio Finance until any transaction fails...
SBIUnipay suxxxx when the transaction fails.... tooo unfair to have the money stuck for so many days....

Paid 6439 HDFC credit card bill via Jio Finance with hdfc plat DC and received RPs in just one day.. Will continue to use Jio Finance until any transaction fails...
SBIUnipay suxxxx when the transaction fails.... tooo unfair to have the money stuck for so many days....
My Two transaction failed on 14th August...Smaller amount I got refund on 18th August (rs.686) but the higher amount (rs7686) is not refunded till now..it is already 7days..

How good is customer support at Jio Finance as at least SBI Unipay, I am getting some response over email although it is taking time too long...
what I have thought
1) I will try in small amount of rs.5000 in a lot..
2) If it fails, I will stop for the day...write mails..
3) will do again in next day, if it fails again stop and write mail..
As I think with HDFC in other side, Money can be traced, it may take time but money will ultimately be refunded...
I can tell better after I get refund for my 14th August failure...as till now I have not got any refund

i have 1.13 lacs somewhere in the air from 16th aug, tried sending email to support, no response, then tried sending to merchant sbi email, they forwarded to the same support email and no response. What is the maximum amount of days it took for the refund? 7? 10? or more?

i have 1.13 lacs somewhere in the air from 16th aug, tried sending email to support, no response, then tried sending to merchant sbi email, they forwarded to the same support email and no response. What is the maximum amount of days it took for the refund? 7? 10? or more?
My transaction failed on 14th..still not received

I paid the bill using UNIPAY on 19th Aug and it went through easily in one try. I also received the mail of successful payment from SBI where the mail mentions if any help is needed I am sharing it here so it might help for refund queries.

For any query please write to us at support.unipay@sbi.co.in

Sbi will refund in 3-5...that is fine but what to do till then. It should be immediate refund if failed and SBI itself is confirming it failed. HDFC cards cannot be paid in parts so had to pay full amount in excess of 3lacs. Now with failed transaction I have to fund such large amount again. I think SBI is making free money by keeping amounts for 3-5days.
How is Jio Finance in terms of failure rates? And what is their TAT for refund on failed transactions?

Sbi will refund in 3-5...that is fine but what to do till then. It should be immediate refund if failed and SBI itself is confirming it failed. HDFC cards cannot be paid in parts so had to pay full amount in excess of 3lacs. Now with failed transaction I have to fund such large amount again. I think SBI is making free money by keeping amounts for 3-5days.
How is Jio Finance in terms of failure rates? And what is their TAT for refund on failed transactions?
I think it is more than 3-5 days for SBI unipay...as in my case, it is already 7 days

Update: i still didn't receive any response on the email, I did send a follow up email after posting here and now I got the refund for the 16th Aug transaction.
HDFC cards cannot be paid in parts
You can make the payment in parts, i paid 1.12 L using Unipay on 15th aug via Indus DC and it went through without any issues but on 16th while paying via HDFC DC, it failed for me.

Update: i still didn't receive any response on the email, I did send a follow up email after posting here and now I got the refund for the 16th Aug transaction.

You can make the payment in parts, i paid 1.12 L using Unipay on 15th aug via Indus DC and it went through without any issues but on 16th while paying via HDFC DC, it failed for me.
If you emailed SBI unipay, then dont expect any response. They wont respond even in 1 year.

Wait for 7 business days, most likely you will get refund automatically. If not, then apply for chargeback from your bank, and let them handle it. Generally in 5-6 days they chargeback the amount

Does anyone know after BBPS confirms that they have received the confirmation of refund, how long does it take for the amount to be credited back to bank? Thanks in advance.

[Canara Setu - HDFC DC]

Back