• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate (Standard Chartered Ultimate) Upgrade Suggestion

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello!!!

Recently I have been receiving calls to upgrade my Manhattan Card to Ultimate card. My Manhattan card is free and the Ultimate would cost Rs. 5000 plus taxes every year. Here they are offering 5000 reward points on every renewal without any conditions. So effectively the card costs me Rs. 900 approx. Now my query is should I go for it? Right now I have decent number of cards. Don't have too much utility expenses. Use my Infinia for offline shopping and SBI Cashback for Online. Please suggest if it's worth to pay fee for SC Ultimate?

Hi i should have listened to suggestion by @helloworld and @SSV did a mistake took ultimate (FYF) 3months over not even done single transactions :( seems to much useless will close this and rewards card by next year
He he..
Sometimes we learn by experience not by words..
At least now you knew it... good luck..
We all learn soemthing new everyday... ;)

Last edited:
The only shortfall is the vouchers which used to be there earlier. The gold vouchers coming back could be a great deal to atleast make it worthy again and may promote its value

Like all things it’s all upto one use case and current card portfolio whether it can be optimized to its fullest or not. Best use case now is to redeem points for Hotel Vouchers and encash them.

Last edited:
Seems like reward 360 is going away :P and SC is upgrading entire credit card system starting august 4th :p
Hope to see some better options

Card upgrade will go live in last week
Payments update expected in 2nd week

@SSV @helloworld

Romour is that SC going to launch its own Indian version of 'Simply Cash' credit card in December. Not expecting much due to their sub-par rewards/cashback on existing cards but this card looks good in Malyasia and Singapore.

You can wait till then too, hope it will be good.

Last edited:
Seems like reward 360 is going away :P and SC is upgrading entire credit card system starting august 4th :p
Hope to see some better options

Card upgrade will go live in last week
Payments update expected in 2nd week

@SSV @helloworld

Where did you get this information?

Received this message:

Dear Client, We will be upgrading our credit card system during the fourth week of August, 2024. We will guide you through this transition via communications sent to your registered email id. For FAQs click https://nc6.in/gyxgcR - StanChart

--------

they're upgrading something but its last week of August. And I don't think its related to reward 360

Received this message:

Dear Client, We will be upgrading our credit card system during the fourth week of August, 2024. We will guide you through this transition via communications sent to your registered email id. For FAQs click https://nc6.in/gyxgcR - StanChart

--------

they're upgrading something but its last week of August. And I don't think its related to reward 360
With this message I spoke to him he confirmed..for me SC is good recently waived my easymy trip card fee too

Back