• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate (Standard Chartered Ultimate) Upgrade Suggestion

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello!!!

Recently I have been receiving calls to upgrade my Manhattan Card to Ultimate card. My Manhattan card is free and the Ultimate would cost Rs. 5000 plus taxes every year. Here they are offering 5000 reward points on every renewal without any conditions. So effectively the card costs me Rs. 900 approx. Now my query is should I go for it? Right now I have decent number of cards. Don't have too much utility expenses. Use my Infinia for offline shopping and SBI Cashback for Online. Please suggest if it's worth to pay fee for SC Ultimate?

Seems like reward 360 is going away :P and SC is upgrading entire credit card system starting august 4th :p
Hope to see some better options

Card upgrade will go live in last week
Payments update expected in 2nd week

@SSV @helloworld
Upgrade of 360 rewards is highly unlikely. CC guys have been telling since ages that they will bring few good vouchers for redemption. I don’t have any hopes on SC.

Received this message:

Dear Client, We will be upgrading our credit card system during the fourth week of August, 2024. We will guide you through this transition via communications sent to your registered email id. For FAQs click https://nc6.in/gyxgcR - StanChart

--------

they're upgrading something but its last week of August. And I don't think its related to reward 360

Further update:

"Look forward to one of the main enhancements, introduction of a 'Credit Card Account' which will allow you to make consolidated payments."

Forgot about 360 rewards enhancements, this is not an update at all. Its just we can pay all cards bills to single account. I dn't know that many valuable sc cards exist in their bank to have multiple of them:unsure:

Before checking the reward rate, check their rewards redemption options if you haven't. It's poor.
Ok...Will do...what I have understood it requires at least 3L spend to get the TAJ experience voucher or other Hotel vouchers...I think these vouchers are ok...but require 3L spend withing 3 years

Further update:

"Look forward to one of the main enhancements, introduction of a 'Credit Card Account' which will allow you to make consolidated payments."

Forgot about 360 rewards enhancements, this is not an update at all. Its just we can pay all cards bills to single account. I dn't know that many valuable sc cards exist in their bank to have multiple of them:unsure:
its crap now.. made it worse... now they are showing all old cancelled cards also... god knows what they have done... its so confusing and worse...

Back