• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate | Time to close the card?

Heyyy

TF Buzz
Hi,

I have three chargeable cards in hand and I want to keep annual charges I pay to these to minimum. These cards are -
  1. SC Ultimate - 8L limit - Rs5000 + GST /year

Using this card for all offline + most of the online usage due to flat 3.3% reward rate. But given the vouchers catalogue now, I don't feel paying Rs5k + GST (effectively only GST, as Rs5k reward points are credited eventually) is a good thing to do. But since I don't have any other card of this nature in terms of credit limit for offline use I am keeping it.

2. Amex Plat Travel - 5L limit - Rs 5000 + GST

Recently took this with this year charges as NIL. Not sure if I would be able to reach 4L annual use as I am estimating just around 4L spend for this year.

3. BOB Eterna - 2.5L limit - Rs 2500 + GST - Fee waived for Rs2.5L annual spend

Took this card only because of unlimited domestic lounge access. BOB Card app is the worst one can image, technically as well as usage experience wise. But with BOB's MICC exceptions not confident that I would be able to leverage 3%+ reward rate effectively.

Please help me decide which among these cards should I keep and how to use it well. Should I close SC Ultimate?

As sc ultimate has the highest limit , I may not suggest to close it but , you can ask for downgrade the card or make it ltf .

And secondly , if you can reach 4L milestone on Amex platinum travel , close the card before the renewal .

And I have no idea about bob .

As sc ultimate has the highest limit , I may not suggest to close it but , you can ask for downgrade the card or make it ltf .

And secondly , if you can reach 4L milestone on Amex platinum travel , close the card before the renewal .

And I have no idea about bob .
I heard making SC Ultimate LTF is little difficult. Do you have any idea on how to get this done?

I heard making SC Ultimate LTF is little difficult. Do you have any idea on how to get this done?
If you have a good spending on the card , negotiate with the customer care agent, ask them to transfer the call to retention team and then ask them that I have not getting benefit from the card , say that I want to close the card or make it ltf , if they are not agreeing with it , ask them to downgrade the card .

Downgrading the card would be the better option .

Or if you have any pre approved offer from other bank , if it is eligible for c2c , take that card with the help of this and close scb card .

Hi,

I have three chargeable cards in hand and I want to keep annual charges I pay to these to minimum. These cards are -
  1. SC Ultimate - 8L limit - Rs5000 + GST /year

Using this card for all offline + most of the online usage due to flat 3.3% reward rate. But given the vouchers catalogue now, I don't feel paying Rs5k + GST (effectively only GST, as Rs5k reward points are credited eventually) is a good thing to do. But since I don't have any other card of this nature in terms of credit limit for offline use I am keeping it.

2. Amex Plat Travel - 5L limit - Rs 5000 + GST

Recently took this with this year charges as NIL. Not sure if I would be able to reach 4L annual use as I am estimating just around 4L spend for this year.

3. BOB Eterna - 2.5L limit - Rs 2500 + GST - Fee waived for Rs2.5L annual spend

Took this card only because of unlimited domestic lounge access. BOB Card app is the worst one can image, technically as well as usage experience wise. But with BOB's MICC exceptions not confident that I would be able to leverage 3%+ reward rate effectively.

Please help me decide which among these cards should I keep and how to use it well. Should I close SC Ultimate?
You should close SC Ultimate only if you are not finding redemption options at all. Worst case scenario you can redeem points for Hotel vouchers such as Taj, Mariott, ITC etc and sell them out for hard cash. Otherwise no harm in keep the card with renewal benefit. It’s probably one of the few cards around right now with almost nil exclusions on rewards.

For Amex Plat Travel close it off if you are certain about not reaching the annual milestone. Take another card such as MRCC for offers if you need to be in ecosystem.

Don’t have experience with Bob Eterna so can’t comment on it.m with regards to its optimum utilization.

I'm getting the card pre-approved with 5K + GST (Customer care agents claim after paying the fees, you get reward points worth the same amount), but according to experts here, this card is not advisable.
How can I get SC Ultimate?
I am very much interested in getting the card...

where you are getting it pre-approved?
I already have SC rewards card LTF. After 3-4 months of issuance of this card, I have been receiving emails from the bank for upgrading my card to SC Ultimate. They even called me twice and tried to convince me to upgrade the card. Experts here and on Reddit do not advise this card at present, and considering the fact that bank representatives are calling and trying to convince so hard, I feel the card may not be worth it.

I already have SC rewards card LTF. After 3-4 months of issuance of this card, I have been receiving emails from the bank for upgrading my card to SC Ultimate. They even called me twice and tried to convince me to upgrade the card. Experts here and on Reddit do not advise this card at present, and considering the fact that bank representatives are calling and trying to convince so hard, I feel the card may not be worth it.
but why? due to the bad reward catalog? no transfer of point to hotel, airline?

ok..that means I will also get the emails after few months as I have got my LTF rewards 3 weeks ago..if given offer, I will take it...

but why? due to the bad reward catalog? no transfer of point to hotel, airline?
Mainly due to pathetic reward catalogue. But different people have different needs and spends. I've heard SC is revamping its entire CC ecosystem and probably rewards catalogue as well. So it could get better from September onwards. BTW can you please explain what makes you go for this card? This could help me in my analysis. Thanx.

Mainly due to pathetic reward catalogue. But different people have different needs and spends. I've heard SC is revamping its entire CC ecosystem and probably rewards catalogue as well. So it could get better from September onwards. BTW can you please explain what makes you go for this card? This could help me in my analysis. Thanx.
I have finalysed a trip and planning to stay in a Taj property...Hence, with SC ultimate st 3.3% at offline spends, I can buy Taj voucher from their catalog and use it....I have regalia gold, which does not have Taj...from AMEX I can get but there is a limit...I need more...
Basically, I prefer Taj hotels and that is why I think for me SC ultimate is ok for me...I have type of offline spend where vouchers from giftr does not work...and most non-premium cards (except amex) gives max 2%

I have finalysed a trip and planning to stay in a Taj property...Hence, with SC ultimate st 3.3% at offline spends, I can buy Taj voucher from their catalog and use it....I have regalia gold, which does not have Taj...from AMEX I can get but there is a limit...I need more...
Basically, I prefer Taj hotels and that is why I think for me SC ultimate is ok for me...I have type of offline spend where vouchers from giftr does not work...and most non-premium cards (except amex) gives max 2%
Got it brother.

Back