• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sms Alert Query

Bob78900

TF Ace
I have 3 accounts
Regular icici account (10k mab)
Kotak 811
And sbi
Icici deduct 18 rs as sms alerts and i am not sure about kotak 811 and sbi for now because i have just opened the account. Now i want to know if
1. I'll deactivate sms alert facility in all the above accounts will it also stop otp for net banking and debit cards and whenever the otp is required.
2. Charges of sms alerts in kotak 811and sbi
3.How to close this sms alerts facility in all the above accounts.
@ashwink @Batmanbaba @TechnoFino @anirbanm

I have 3 accounts
Kotak 811
And sbi
Icici deduct 18 rs as sms alerts and i am not sure about kotak 811 and sbi for now because i have just opened the account. Now i want to know if
1. I'll deactivate sms alert facility in all the above accounts will it also stop otp for net banking and debit cards and whenever the otp is required.
as much as I know kotak charges for debit card and sms alert. in SBI you will be only charged debit card fees and sms alerts is free

Actually some people are getting charged for sms alerts in kotak 811 That's why i am asking. And icici employees said You will not be able to use i mobile net banking and all😔
...thats without debit card...because u require grid numbers present behind ur debit card...thats a smart way of forcing debit cards on u....

Kotak dont charge for sms charges......u wil get all the important sms even if u close sms alerts like netbanking login otp....debit and credit otp...

Sbi..u can do from branch and for icici call customer care and get it closed
SBI has stopped charging for SMS alert.

So no charges for any SMS alerts from SBI

I have 3 accounts
Kotak 811
And sbi
You can close ICICI SMS alert by calling customer care.
No charges for other 2 banks

Bro i called them they said if you want to activate this service again you cannot do it you have to change your number
They are trying to fear you so that you don't deactivate it.

Just tell them you deactivate the SMS alert facility and ask for refrence number, don't listen to any other non sense.

Back