• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Split AC Suggestions Please

I think IFB has a bad after sales service for non metro cities. Are you from metro city?
Nope. Tier 2 city Ambala. Service is top-notch and any complai/service requests has been addressed within 24 hours. One of the led on my AC display panel went rogue and they replaced the whole pcb within 3 days. No questions asked. Dont is think any other company comes anywhere close to it. Based on my 18 yrs of trying every AC in market, the highher the brand, the poor is the TAT

My recommendation/suggestion for domestic purpose AC purchase (House utilisation)

1. All brands have second/third party contract system with local service providers. Whatever brand you choose (i.e. Mitsubishi, Panasonic, etc), a guy from local service provider will serve you. So, it depends upon how good your local service provider for your brand. We cannot assure that one specific brand will give you the same after sales service throughout the nation. (Same situation occurs for your phone repairs. For example, HCL Technologies provides after sale services for most brands. So, we can say that your Xiaomi phone's repair is good if your local service network of HCL Technologies is good.)

2. Less parts, more reliable machines. PCB cost (in Inverter AC only) is always an expenditure for your AC after 5 years of operation. Just because of PCB your AC can't be in working condition. (Assume a situation. After 5 years of operation a PCB gone in your AC during summer period. You consult with your service provider and order a PCB of 5 year old AC of a particulat brand. PCB arrives after 10 days. Service provider has some fresh installtions and replaces your PCB after another 10 days. So, you cannot use your AC for 20 days in a hot summer duration. You have already purchased this inverter PC at higher cost compared to long lasting fixed AC. We can replace a phone in the next day if it is not working. But we can't do the same thing for AC because of Piping network, Interior of house and so many other challanges)

3. Star ratings and ISEER are truly useful. But you should know the EER/Power Consumption at 100% level. You can compare inverter AC and fixed speed AC based on their EER/Power Consumption at 100% Cooling Capacity. For Example, here 2 OGeneral ACs have been compared. (Refer images. Also, refer pages 32 & 38 of the attached PDF file.)
a. OGeneral 5 star inverter CET series AC 1.5 Ton having EER-4.03W/W and Power Consumption 1310 W at 100% Cooling Capacity.
CET 5 star inverter series.jpg
b. OGeneral 3 star fixed BMW series AC 1.5 Ton having EER-3.87W/W and Power Consumption 1369 W at 100% Cooling Capacity.
BMW 3 star fixed series.jpg
So, the difference of EER/Power Consumption at 100% Cooling Capacity is very less between 5 star inverter AC & 3 star fixed AC. Now you will say that inverter AC will not run 100% all the time. Ofcourse, you will save power when AC runs at lower cooling capacity. Then your cooling effect will be also less. I will choose 1 Ton fixed AC instead of 1.5 Ton inveter AC for a room size upto 150 SqFt. (with lower prices of 12-15K compared to inverter AC).

4. Watch this videos for actual power consumption and cooling techniques between inverter AC and fixed AC. (Watch both videos fully if you have interest)
a.
b.

5. These brands, showrooms and sales person are trying to sell inverter ACs because they have chain of business with your inverter AC. Inverter AC has lots of electronics/sensors (including PCB) for automation and self-cleaning. These electronics/sensors will increase your AC purchase cost. So, delicate AC also needs a professional technician to install and to service. These electronics/sensors will increase your maintenance and service costs later on (ultimately increase in after sales business).

6. So, in the name of electricity savings you are spending much in initial and occuring expenses in inverter AC.

Disclaimer : I am just critising electronics/sensors parts attached to ACs. If you have enough money to spent on inverter ACs and its occuring expenses. Please go ahead with it.

100% diasgree with your analysis on spending more on inverter AC and it’s recurring expenses. Have Been using invertor AC since past 5-6 yrs and I have zero complaints or extra expenses. But yes, timely service of AC twice every yr is what I follow
Machines are just like human being which need regular care and lubricant. The amount of electricity an inverter AC saves depend on the usage. If on an avg ur ac runs 12 hrs in a day, you are bound to save alteast 7-10 units of electricity everyday.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Think you must have purchased by now. But if not then explore Bluestar, Carrier, Daikin and Voltas as these are AC OEMs. Most other brands only assemble by getting stuff from other vendors.

crazyuploader

TF Premier
I recently purchased an LG 1.5T 5 Star AC with my SBI SimplySAVE RuPay Credit Card on Flipkart and was able to get a discount of 3k by using a no-cost 9-month EMI option. However, I just noticed that the bill generation date is on the 21st of May, and today is the 19th. I am concerned because last time I made a purchase on EMI through Flipkart, it took 7-8 months for the purchase to be converted to EMI. I am worried that I will see the full transaction amount on the bill when it is generated on the 21st and will have to pay that. Will the purchase be converted to EMI sooner or later?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I recently purchased an LG 1.5T 5 Star AC with my SBI SimplySAVE RuPay Credit Card on Flipkart and was able to get a discount of 3k by using a no-cost 9-month EMI option. However, I just noticed that the bill generation date is on the 21st of May, and today is the 19th. I am concerned because last time I made a purchase on EMI through Flipkart, it took 7-8 months for the purchase to be converted to EMI. I am worried that I will see the full transaction amount on the bill when it is generated on the 21st and will have to pay that. Will the purchase be converted to EMI sooner or later?
You mean 7-8 days not 7-8 months, right? 😂

Regarding the EMI don't worry it will be converted and if it doesn't contact customer care and they will help you out.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes for sure. It‘ll start reflecting in your unbilled transactions in the SBI Card App after two weeks or so.

Last edited:

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Few observations from my side. Before that let me mention my usage patterns.

I use all my ACs 24/7. I never switch any AC off. All of them keep running and hence the usage is high. So my observation is specific to someone who uses AC often and wants to save on electricity cost.

• All brands of inverter AC are good and long lasting. Brands I have tried are LG, Samsung, whirlpool, Panasonic, Sanyo. Pick any of these. I would pick Panasonic if rate is good. Whirlpool always loses display after a year and is an avoid for me due to past experience.
  • Fixed speed AC don’t last long due to Indian conditions of quality power (fluctuations), frequent on/off cycles, etc.
  • I am not too worried about star rating for inverter AC. 3 star and above are all same. The star rating makes a difference during initial years and later the margin of difference reduces. For example a 5 star AC running 24/7 would perform the same as 3 star after 2-3 years. The reason is due to wear and tear as well as dust. Dust is the biggest enemy. So pick star rating of 3+ but consider cost as well.
  • Always buy during summer months and look for deals. Companies sometimes produce more and may not be able to sell it. So they have too much inventory at hand and they will give discounts or offers like reduced/ free installation.
  • Clean the AC as often as possible using clean water spray. Buy the spray bottle than can be pressurised. I don’t buy chemicals that are specific to AC as they seem more corrosive and costly. I instead use my washing machine detergent. It works great for me. Efficiency goes up significantly after I spray soap water on coil (indoor and outdoor) and clean rinse 2 times with plain water.
  • Water accumulates when AC is running. The drain of water happens but it is not going to be 100% dry. This reduces efficiency. So I have infrared device which I have programmed to turn ON fan mode every few hours. The fan mode will dry the coils and make AC efficient. If you cannot automate it like me, at least run on fan mode every day for 30 minutes.
One extra note: I have never done service on my inverter ACs. Inverter ACs last 5+ years for me (Never failed in last 7 years). I clean the AC every 2 weeks. I have 6 ACs installed and running 24/7. Fixed speed ACs lasted only 2 to 4 years but now all of those are changed to inverter AC except 1. The one exception is an AC that I purchased in 2007 and still running.

Last edited:

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Got the AC today guys, Flipkart delivery was indeed quick! Now the only thing which is bothering me is this "LG Installation and Demo by jeeves Expert...". I thought it'd be LG technicians, what do you guys think? I am from Agra BTW

1684589757932.jpeg

1684589665023.png

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Got the AC today guys, Flipkart delivery was indeed quick! Now the only thing which is bothering me is this "LG Installation and Demo by jeeves Expert...". I thought it'd be LG technicians, what do you guys think? I am from Agra BTW

1684589757932.jpeg

1684589665023.png
Since you have already paid for it, use it.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dont get it installed from jeeves as the warranty may get void. Call LG asap and get it installed from them.

Subhajeet

TF Select

1684589757932.jpeg

1684589665023.png
which make and model please

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Dont get it installed from jeeves as the warranty may get void. Call LG asap and get it installed from them.
I had contacted LG on WhatsApp and seems like they're authorised to do the installation

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-20-21-11-07-660_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-20-21-11-07-660_com.whatsapp.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 85

crazyuploader

TF Premier
which make and model please
Take a look at this LG AI Convertible 6-in-1 Cooling 2023 Model 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AI Dual Inverter 4 Way Swing, HD Filter with Anti-Virus Protection AC - Silver Deco on Flipkart

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Then get it installed by LG.
Though LG shooed me away LOL
screenshot_2023-05-20-21-11-07-660_com-whatsapp-jpg.17559