• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Split AC Suggestions Please

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
what are the installation charges for Bluestar?
I see they charge a lot more than the nominal included stuff for external unit bracket, pipes, drilling, tapes, etc

yogobit

TF Premier
It totally depends on your usage pattern.

I have limited (daily 2-4 hours) usage. So, I am using Hitachi Senpai 1.8 ton (2 Star, 3.75 ISEER) & 1 ton (3 Star, 3.85 ISEER) fixed speed ACs.

Pros.
1. R32 Ecofriendly refrigerent.
2. Fixed Speed Compressor. Lesser electronics compared to inverter ACs. So, long lasting.
3. Energy efficient in Fixed Speed AC range.
4. Quickly cools down large room. (1.8 ton AC cools down my 350 Sq Ft living room in just 20 minutes, 1 ton AC cools down my 160 Sq Ft bed room in 10 minutes)
5. Made in India ACs. So, price is lower compared to Mitsubishi & OGeneral Brands (Thailand Imports).
6. Heavy duty ACs compared to Panasonic, Lloyd, Voltas, LG, Samsung and other electronic brands.

Cons.
1. No automation features from company but you can include automation using IR Blaster gadgets.
How did you conclude Hitachi is heavy duty compared to Panasonic, Lloyd, Voltas, LG, Samsung and other electronic brands?

manzb

TF Premier
Heavy Duty is a misnomer.. or mostly a marketing gimmick...

Typically the main element of an AC is the Compressor, which is the heart and there very few reputed ones being used by most branded ones. Some even used to import like Hitachi. ALmost all companies are assemblers with some technology developed for Air Filtration, Air flow control etc.

Most cheap ones are only white label (they are typically the cheapest) and they just create a casing and a label on top of the mass manufactured ACs and market as their own product. Even the remotes are mostly same/ identical.

Now many have planned or have started their own compressors.

yogobit

TF Premier
I would suggest -
If money is not a constraint - Go with Ogeneral/Mitsubishi
Want smart features - Go with Panasonic/LG/Samsung
Want more cooling capacity - actual cooling capacity in terms of W - Go with Daikin - 5 star 1.5 ton gives - 5280W cooling(100%)
Best services - LG/Samsung/Panasonic(much improved compared to last year)

5 star/3 star - If only 4 months use, only at nights - eyes closed take 3 star. If 6-8 months or more use and also daytime usage - go for 5 star.
3 star 1.5 ton will cost 30-40k, 5 star 1.5 ton will cost 45-55k.

1 ton/1.5 ton - Depends on sq foot of room - till 120 sqft - 1 ton is sufficient, above that take 1.5 ton, if room size> 170-180 sq ft take 2 ton

Take only inverter ACs if you want it at home - as they are new technology ones.

Warranty - check compressor warranty - 5/10 years, check PCB warranty - 1-5 years. PCB replacement cost is high - so PCB warranty should be there.

Checkout some videos in youtube regarding AC reviews.

As per my personal experience, considering all factors I bought this recently from Reliance Digital(good offer for my exchange)- Panasonic 1.5 ton 5 star smart AC 2023 model with 5100W cooling - has smart wifi features with MirAIe app. Has 5 yr PCB warranty and 10 yr compressor warranty. Its sleep profile functionality is really good. It cost me around 48k. Gave 3k for my 12-15 year old 1 ton AC additional. I bought in March end during offers.

Note : Installation will be 1-2k extra. If stand for outdoor unit required - will cost more. Also buy extended warranty - 1/2/3/5 years. Also get a AC stabilizer if stabilization issues in your area.
Did you uninstall old QC yourself.
I've seen a lot of negative reviews regarding Panasonic noise indoor unit & plastic build quality

Did you uninstall old QC yourself.
I've seen a lot of negative reviews regarding Panasonic noise indoor unit & plastic build quality
Nope I didn't uninstall, when technician came for installation, they only uninstalled old one and installed new one.
For me, indoor unit noise is not that much, I generally do set the fan speed to highest for 10-15 mins, and then once the room is cooled switch it to the lowest.
The app which comes with Panasonic is really good, I love the profiles which we can setup and customise as per individuals and also increase temperature, sleep timer, etc.
Haven't faced any issue regarding build quality.

yogobit

TF Premier
Nope I didn't uninstall, when technician came for installation, they only uninstalled old one and installed new one.
For me, indoor unit noise is not that much, I generally do set the fan speed to highest for 10-15 mins, and then once the room is cooled switch it to the lowest.
The app which comes with Panasonic is really good, I love the profiles which we can setup and customise as per individuals and also increase temperature, sleep timer, etc.
Haven't faced any issue regarding build quality.
But don't they ask to handover the old AC under exchange offer when they come to deliver brand new one?

Or do they give a week to pickup the old AC post installation of brand new one?

Please share the buying link & how much you paid for it?

vine

TF Premier
I feel like all the smart features are unnecessary marketing gimmicks. These components may be designed to fail after a couple of years.
Anyway,
Please suggest any brands with
- no Smart/AI features,
- high iseer and
- good service (probably made in India helps), &
- preferably compressor warranty of 10 years and PCB warranty of 5 years ( I understand these warranties can be bought separately too).
- My location is Hyderabad.

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I feel like all the smart features are unnecessary marketing gimmicks. These components may be designed to fail after a couple of years.
Anyway,
Please suggest any brands with no Smart/AI features, high iseer and good service, & preferably compressor warranty of 10 years and PCB warranty of 5 years ( I understand these warranties can be bought separately too).
My location is Hyderabad.
IFB is really good

pinki

TF Ace
Anyway,
Please suggest any brands with no Smart/AI features, high iseer and good service, & preferably compressor warranty of 10 years and PCB warranty of 5 years ( I understand these warranties can be bought separately too).
Panasonic is best in terms of cooling.
U can consider their fixed speed ac's with nominal smart features

pinki

TF Ace
Panasonic is best in terms of cooling.
U can consider their fixed speed ac's with nominal smart features
Currently using from last 5yrs- Panasonic
Last 3yrs- Whirlpool
Both are working super cool.
( Panasonic is better if compared)

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Anyway,
Definitely consider Daikin for its no non sense performance and efficiency.

newinnov

TF Premier
Daikin has relatively less noise than Panasonic. Both built almost same. Panasonic has app support. Both has manual wattage switching. My oldest ac is Panasonic from 13+ years still running fine, never had to even refill gas.
I heard positive response about hitachi too.

My 2 cent- just buy anyone which is cheaper and suitable to your needs.
Also, Don't worry about service center as now a days, agents visit to even remote areas and third party service providers are booming and parts readily available with companies like- Jeeves.

Avoid American / Chinese / Korean brands (LG being exception) for ac.

yogobit

TF Premier
Currently using from last 5yrs- Panasonic
Last 3yrs- Whirlpool
Both are working super cool.
( Panasonic is better if compared)

I wish to buy one 1 T & 1.5 T.

vine

TF Premier

I don't have Panasonic AC, but aren't most units made of plastic.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

i have been using ifb for 8 yrs now.. and have seen the best service and v gd product for Indian conditions.. no fancy stuff but gd cooling and balance economy.. i usually go to an ifb point, show him online price and they give me same price.. try it.. u can also get upto 4 yr warranty at bare minimum price.. just sharing personal experience :)

Voltas also is v gd.. again suited for Indian conditions

Last edited:

JhonWixx

TF Buzz
Even I am also finding a good 1.5 ton Split Ac. I get to the conclusion to buy LG Dual Inverter smart AC with 5 Star rating. As it has the lowest power consumption among other brands. Can also consider it's 3 star AC as there is not much difference between the power consumption of 5S and 3S rating ac.