• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Split AC Suggestions Please

Iamgora

TF Select
Hi All

I'm looking to buy 1.5 Ton and 1 Ton Ac's please suggest on which star rating to prefer and brand info .

I'm totally confused with all the options available in market.

Thanks.
I bought an ac last year. It's a parasonic 1.5-ton 5-star AC. I like this ac as it's smart and the top model from Parasonic. and my usage in summer is around 16 hours or more, so I opt for a 5-star one. I usually use it at 25 at low fan speed, and it consumes very little electricity as per the Parasonic app. I live in Bankura, WB. And according to many sources, it is now among the top 7 hot places in the world (46 degrees). so last 3 days my ac is at around 24 mid fan

Attachments

• IMG_6945.png
    IMG_6945.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 126

Farhad sekh

TF Premier
Which app is this to know consumption?
I bought an ac last year. It's a parasonic 1.5-ton 5-star AC. I like this ac as it's smart and the top model from Parasonic. and my usage in summer is around 16 hours or more, so I opt for a 5-star one. I usually use it at 25 at low fan speed, and it consumes very little electricity as per the Parasonic app. I live in Bankura, WB. And according to many sources, it is now among the top 7 hot places in the world (46 degrees). so last 3 days my ac is at around 24 mid fan

Sreerag

TF Premier
Hi All

I'm looking to buy 1.5 Ton and 1 Ton Ac's please suggest on which star rating to prefer and brand info .

I'm totally confused with all the options available in market.

Thanks.
I recommend Samsung's WF Convertible 5S AC.

It has Samsung's superior WindFree technology and is also 6-in-1 Convertible, and also a Smart AC with 5 stars having 1.5Ton. Even though it's pricey, with these features and 5 star rating, it's worth it and is completely future proof.

Star rating depends on your usage. If you use it frequently I recommend 5 star or if you use it rarely or only sometimes then 3 star does the job, but it will blow your pocket as much you keep it running

cpkalariya

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It totally depends on your usage pattern.

I have limited (daily 2-4 hours) usage. So, I am using Hitachi Senpai 1.8 ton (2 Star, 3.75 ISEER) & 1 ton (3 Star, 3.85 ISEER) fixed speed ACs.

Pros.
1. R32 Ecofriendly refrigerent.
2. Fixed Speed Compressor. Lesser electronics compared to inverter ACs. So, long lasting.
3. Energy efficient in Fixed Speed AC range.
4. Quickly cools down large room. (1.8 ton AC cools down my 350 Sq Ft living room in just 20 minutes, 1 ton AC cools down my 160 Sq Ft bed room in 10 minutes)
5. Made in India ACs. So, price is lower compared to Mitsubishi & OGeneral Brands (Thailand Imports).
6. Heavy duty ACs compared to Panasonic, Lloyd, Voltas, LG, Samsung and other electronic brands.

Cons.
1. No automation features from company but you can include automation using IR Blaster gadgets.

Subhajeet

TF Select
I would suggest go for ac with highest seer rating like blue star having 5.41 iseer or daikin having 5.8 for 1.5 ton and 6.2 iseer for 1 ton

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My suggestions:
  1. LG MS-Q18SWZD 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
  • Pros: High energy efficiency with a 5-star rating, inverter technology for energy savings, low noise operation, and fast cooling.
  • Cons: Slightly higher priced compared to other models, may require professional installation.
  1. Daikin FTKP50TV 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
  • Pros: High energy efficiency with a 5-star rating, inverter technology for energy savings, low noise operation, and fast cooling.
  • Cons: A bit expensive compared to other models, may require professional installation.
  1. Blue Star 5CNHW18QATX 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
  • Cons: Slightly expensive compared to other models, may require professional installation.
  1. Whirlpool 3D Cool Inverter AC 1.5T Magicool
  • Pros: High energy efficiency with a 5-star rating, inverter technology for energy savings, and fast cooling.
  • Cons: A bit noisy compared to other models, may require professional installation.
  1. Voltas SAC 185V DZU 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
  • Cons: A bit expensive compared to other models, may require professional installation.
Overall, each of the recommended air conditioners offers high energy efficiency with a 5-star rating and inverter technology for energy savings. However, some models are slightly more expensive and may require professional installation. It's important to consider your budget, room size, and personal preferences before making a final decision on which air conditioner to purchase.

avikrish

TF Select
I have 3 Mitsubishi and 3 bluestar AC, both are good. When it comes to service and spare parts availability and repair support, i loved bluestar. The service of Mitsubishi is the worst ever i have seen.

Some of the smart features can be missed in bluestar, but it's fine as in real time usage, one would barely use those features.

Go for bluestar with 5 star for power saving.

If it's too hot in your area go for 5 in 1 , or else go for 4 in 1.

Other good brands when I did reasearch is Daikin but it's costly.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I have 3 Mitsubishi and 3 bluestar AC, both are good. When it comes to service and spare parts availability and repair support, i loved bluestar. The service of Mitsubishi is the worst ever i have seen.

Some of the smart features can be missed in bluestar, but it's fine as in real time usage, one would barely use those features.

Go for bluestar with 5 star for power saving.

If it's too hot in your area go for 5 in 1 , or else go for 4 in 1.

Other good brands when I did reasearch is Daikin but it's costly.
Even after worst service, the cost of service for Mitsubishi is freaking ₹1100 😂 but the AC is quite good. Service is issue.

crazyuploader

TF Premier
And even I am so confused between LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star & Panasonic 1.5 Ton 5 Star AC, my room is ~125 sqft. and has direct sunlight throughout the day, with a discount of 2.75k on both the ACs, I can get LG @ 42,740 INR and Panasonic @ 41,740 INR on Flipkart

Last edited:

netsec

TF Select
And even I am so confused between LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star & Panasonic 1.5 Ton 5 Star AC, my room is ~125 sqft. and has direct sunlight throughout the day, with a discount of 2.75k on both the ACs, I can get LG @ 42,740 INR and Panasonic @ 41,740 INR on Flipkart
I am using Panosonic 1.5 Ton 5 Star AC and it's good. also, I would recommend to check at Reliance Digital, they always gives better rate compare to any portal or store. I have been able to always negotiate by upto 1-2k compare to price available at other platforms.

I would suggest -
If money is not a constraint - Go with Ogeneral/Mitsubishi
Want smart features - Go with Panasonic/LG/Samsung
Want more cooling capacity - actual cooling capacity in terms of W - Go with Daikin - 5 star 1.5 ton gives - 5280W cooling(100%)
Best services - LG/Samsung/Panasonic(much improved compared to last year)

5 star/3 star - If only 4 months use, only at nights - eyes closed take 3 star. If 6-8 months or more use and also daytime usage - go for 5 star.
3 star 1.5 ton will cost 30-40k, 5 star 1.5 ton will cost 45-55k.

1 ton/1.5 ton - Depends on sq foot of room - till 120 sqft - 1 ton is sufficient, above that take 1.5 ton, if room size> 170-180 sq ft take 2 ton

Take only inverter ACs if you want it at home - as they are new technology ones.

Warranty - check compressor warranty - 5/10 years, check PCB warranty - 1-5 years. PCB replacement cost is high - so PCB warranty should be there.

Checkout some videos in youtube regarding AC reviews.

As per my personal experience, considering all factors I bought this recently from Reliance Digital(good offer for my exchange)- Panasonic 1.5 ton 5 star smart AC 2023 model with 5100W cooling - has smart wifi features with MirAIe app. Has 5 yr PCB warranty and 10 yr compressor warranty. Its sleep profile functionality is really good. It cost me around 48k. Gave 3k for my 12-15 year old 1 ton AC additional. I bought in March end during offers.

Note : Installation will be 1-2k extra. If stand for outdoor unit required - will cost more. Also buy extended warranty - 1/2/3/5 years. Also get a AC stabilizer if stabilization issues in your area.