• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest a 16gb Ram stick for this laptop

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
20 GB MEANS
12+8?
Are Both ram with same MHz frequency or defferent.
And how much MHz on both Ram also SSD?
I'm using crucial 16+16 = 32GB with 3200 MHz
And Crucial SSD 500GB P5 NVMe M.2

But still getting below 300Mbps Internet speed

You need to have one of these babies to get faster internet thru WiFi

1703087628848.jpeg

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
20 GB MEANS
12+8?
Are Both ram with same MHz frequency or defferent.
And how much MHz on both Ram also SSD?
I'm using crucial 16+16 = 32GB with 3200 MHz
And Crucial SSD 500GB P5 NVMe M.2

But still getting below 300Mbps Internet speed

You need to have one of these babies to get fast internet thru WiFi

1703087628848.jpeg

you need

1) WiFi 6 router +

2) Network Card: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

1)

TP-Link Archer AX73 AX5400 Dual Band Gigabit 1000 Mbps Wireless WiFi Wi-Fi 6 Router | 8K Streaming | MU-MIMO OFDMA | USB Sharing | Connect 200+Devices | 1.5 GHz Triple-Core CPU | Beamforming​

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Recently ACT HYD guys are kind enough to upgrade my 300 MB connection to 500MB connection. and I am getting the following wifi speeds with the above set up mentioned in my previous post...

1703088547094.png

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

AritraSaha

TF Legend
You need to have one of these babies to get faster internet thru WiFi

1703087628848.jpeg

you need

1) WiFi 6 router +

2) Network Card: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

1)

TP-Link Archer AX73 AX5400 Dual Band Gigabit 1000 Mbps Wireless WiFi Wi-Fi 6 Router | 8K Streaming | MU-MIMO OFDMA | USB Sharing | Connect 200+Devices | 1.5 GHz Triple-Core CPU | Beamforming​

10k🙄

I have Huawei wifi 6 for 1500rs😁

Tejo

TF Legend
Y
I found another way to buy laptop other than Amazon...

Last year during dusserah sale: I bought a Lenovo Laptop , which retailed at around 43K immediately after the sale is over... I bought it for net effective price of about 30K...

Flow process:
Cashkaro - Lenovo site:

Cashkaro gave 1,700 CB for going thru their site:
Applied CK coupon on Lenovo site == 1500 instant discount
Lenovo was running 5% CB during that time = about 1,750
using SBI CB cash back card = another 1,750.
Lenovo was running some 30 - 40 % sale during that time ... so listed price was 36,990 ( immediately after the sale it became 42,990)
.+
Free bag worth Rs1,000 market price , actually it was invoiced at Rs.1

So the table looks like this:

Normal Retail Listed price = 42,990 (during normal days)

Listed price during sale by vendor = 36,990
Coupon discount = 1,500
Lenovo CB for using CC = 1,750
SBI CB card CB = 1,750
CashKaro CB = 1,700
Free Laptop bag =1,000
-----------
Net Effective Price =29,290
------------

During the same time the same laptop was listed on Amazon at 36,990
with sale discount or 5% CB on APAY/SBI CB card the net effective price would have been = 35,140 if we buy directly on AMAZON...

1692016456312.png
You bought i3 11th gen?

Can you run windows smoothly?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Y

You bought i3 11th gen?

Can you run windows smoothly?
Ultra smooth...
I have later upgraded my RAM to 20GB... and wifi card to AX200 ...
My machine works like a champ...
I use this for daily general purposes.. not heavy duty video editing or stuff like that...

I have 500 mbps internet connection.. here are speeds via wifi..

1705729012584.png

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
also i wanted to ask 1 thing about this laptop, how does it handle chrome or edge tabs? I am talking 100+ tabs and 2+ such windows? any experience with that kind of usage?
No, I don't have any experience like that... Max, I will have 20 tabs..

I have seen some people using 100+ tabs in the browser, I am not sure how easily they can pick what they want to work with.. I guess everyone is different..

I always like clean , tidy and simple

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
a. DELL Vostro and Inspiron i5-1335U processor laptops have DDR5 soldered RAMs (4800 MT/s). These laptops do not have another slot of adding a RAM chip.
b. Lenovo Thinkpad E series laptops with 16GB memory have two DDR4 (3200 MHz) chips. Out of which one is soldered and one is SODIMM.

I have following queries:
1. How does MT/s compare with MHz? I read a few posts on reddit but haven't really understood it. One post there says, "for DDR RAMs, we can say that 4800 MT/s ~ 2400MHz)." Is it correct?
2. Replacing a soldered RAM (in case it stops working properly) is not practical and therefore one should avoid laptops with a soldered RAM (that's what my understanding is after reading some related stuff on the internet).
Now, lets consider that I bought a laptop like some Lenovo Thinkpad E series laptop that has two RAM chips with one of them is soldered.
If that soldered RAM chip malfunctions, can I just disable it and keep using the laptop with the additional RAM chip?

@S S V @Pankhuri and others, Please help me these doubts.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

Pankhuri

TF Ace
a. DELL Vostro and Inspiron i5-1335U processor laptops have DDR5 soldered RAMs (4800 MT/s). These laptops do not have another slot of adding a RAM chip.
b. Lenovo Thinkpad E series laptops with 16GB memory have two DDR4 (3200 MHz) chips. Out of which one is soldered and one is SODIMM.

I have following queries:
1. How does MT/s compare with MHz? I read a few posts on reddit but haven't really understood it. One post there says, "for DDR RAMs, we can say that 4800 MT/s ~ 2400MHz)." Is it correct?
2. Replacing a soldered RAM (in case it stops working properly) is not practical and therefore one should avoid laptops with a soldered RAM (that's what my understanding is after reading some related stuff on the internet).
Now, lets consider that I bought a laptop like some Lenovo Thinkpad E series laptop that has two RAM chips with one of them is soldered.
If that soldered RAM chip malfunctions, can I just disable it and keep using the laptop with the additional RAM chip?

@S S V @Pankhuri and others, Please help me these doubts.

look into this one, try to buy on app, there is some tap and win discount which is available only on mobile.

As per desidime, this one has extra m.2 slot too for storage expansion and it mentions upgrade till 40GB, which means the SODIMM slot can take 32GB, but that would disable dual channel. Still 16GB should be more than sufficient for the kind of usage you described.

As far as memory going bad, that's not a concern anymore, at least in the last half a decade. But yeah, replacing a soldered ram is not ideal even with the manufacturer warranty. But I would again point that in modern computers, memory failure rate is very very small, almost negligible.

As far as isolating the bad ram goes, it's complicated. So if you want to isolate the whole ram, then you would need some wizard level desoldering and soldering skills, also you need to have a unit which is sold in millions all around the globe, so chances of finding a manual on board repair is easy. Since the soldered slot is slot 0, you would always need it. But with skills, maybe you are able to connect the slot 1 to slot 0.

But usually every modern (linux and windows, no idea about mac), allow you to isolate bad areas of a ram module. So you can find and isolate bad areas of the ram in slot zero, which will bring the total available ram lower but would stop causing an issue. https://thecomputerperson.wordpress.com/2015/04/20/how-to-block-out-or-map-out-bad-ram-in-windows/ this is kinda old but last note is from 2022.

At the end, if your concern is soldered ram going bad, then you need to step out of thin and light, maybe look into under 55k gaming laptops, those usually have enough space and thus easy to find non soldered ram slots.

Last edited: