• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest a 16gb Ram stick for this laptop

BeingIncog

TF Ace
Thanks for the reply.

How is this one? https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08C511GQH/?tag=ppvzone-21

Thinking of this one because of Crucial's brand name and it lists 10 year warranty on the page.

Also the product listing of laptop says the maximum I can install in the 2nd slot is 16GB, but could I try to use 32GB module too?
You can try, can't guarantee it will work, but check return policy with Amazon too.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the reply.

Thinking of this one because of Crucial's brand name and it lists 10 year warranty on the page.

Also the product listing of laptop says the maximum I can install in the 2nd slot is 16GB, but could I try to use 32GB module too?
Bought this two times: they are working fine for me...touchwood...

1692011857246.png

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace
You can try, can't guarantee it will work, but check return policy with Amazon too.
I am thinking of mailing Asus and getting some technician to talk to me about this. Let's see what they say. I looked into manual and guide but there is no mention of maximum ram that could be installed in the 2nd slot.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
2 things regarding Asus:
1. if you open it by yourself, you will void the warranty
2. if you also ask asus technician, he won't install externally bought RAMs as that too will void warranty (that's what I have heard, they say that if there is any MB issue, they will put their fingers on externally added hardware and would void the warranty)

Other than that, if you want to install, you can but you won't benifit much in gaming with RAM as the laptop lacks dGPU

Old games would run just fine (and maybe valorant, but not newer AAA games)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am thinking of mailing Asus and getting some technician to talk to me about this. Let's see what they say. I looked into manual and guide but there is no mention of maximum ram that could be installed in the 2nd slot.
There are more chances it would support 32 GB stick also..
However, it depends on your mother board as well..

Better to log a call with Asus and find out...

1692012703994.png

saucy

TF Ace

Have got hold of this laptop for quite cheap, 47k. Everything is good, except I think I need more ram. The most this lappy can do is 20. 4GB is soldered. So, I need recommendations for 16GB ram sticks which would work best with this laptop.
1. I don't see any 4gb variant. (Shows 8 and 16gb variants)
2. The description says it can be extended only upto 16gb - do check before buying Ram
3. I see no graphics card - is it an Intel integrated one? If yes, why need so much of ram?

saucy

TF Ace
Thanks for the reply.

Your motherboard won't support 32gigs
Also, usually "upto 16 GB" means that inclusive of both slots you can push the ram to 16. Not 16 per slot

Crucial is fine. You'll find it cheaper in the local market

Also, DDR - means dual data rate. It's gonna work only when you pair your existing ram with a ram of same configs. I.e. cycles and bandwidth

Pankhuri

TF Ace
1. I don't see any 4gb variant. (Shows 8 and 16gb variants)
2. The description says it can be extended only upto 16gb - do check before buying Ram
3. I see no graphics card - is it an Intel integrated one? If yes, why need so much of ram?
1. Device has 8 GB of RAM but in dual-channel. The config is 4GB soldered and 4GB replaceable. So, I can install only 1 more stick.

2. I have emailed Asus, lets see what they say. Also trying to find something on the internet, but it is quite hard, as this model was either not sold widely or didn't recieve much reception. Because every time I search for the model it shows the OLED models, the one I have is LCD model.

3. Some of the programs I use for work could be a bit RAM hungry.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. Device has 8 GB of RAM but in dual-channel. The config is 4GB soldered and 4GB replaceable. So, I can install only 1 more stick.

2. I have emailed Asus, lets see what they say. Also trying to find something on the internet, but it is quite hard, as this model was either not sold widely or didn't recieve much reception. Because every time I search for the model it shows the OLED models, the one I have is LCD model.

3. Some of the programs I use for work could be a bit RAM hungry.

K3502ZA-KJ522WS max --- 4GB + 8 gb = 12GB

K3502ZA-KJ542WS max -- 8GB + 8GB = 16 GB

And these guys are branding this as a Gaming device...

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace
K3502ZA-KJ522WS max --- 4GB + 8 gb = 12GB

K3502ZA-KJ542WS max -- 8GB + 8GB = 16 GB

And these guys are branding this as a Gaming device...
If true, then this is a really mediocre laptop even for office work. My other lappy from 2011 is 12GB, there is a gap of at least 11 years between these and yet it is stuck at same RAM limit. Some of the comments on amazon reviews and Q&A mention 16GB to be used but none from the ASUS itself. So, let's see what the reply of the ASUS tech support is. After using it for a month I was really looking towards using this as a main machine for me but can't really do much work with this small RAM. Such a pity, otherwise is a good machine.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If true, then this is a really mediocre laptop even for office work. My other lappy from 2011 is 12GB, there is a gap of at least 11 years between these and yet it is stuck at same RAM limit. Some of the comments on amazon reviews and Q&A mention 16GB to be used but none from the ASUS itself. So, let's see what the reply of the ASUS tech support is. After using it for a month I was really looking towards using this as a main machine for me but can't really do much work with this small RAM. Such a pity, otherwise is a good machine.
Unfortuanately it is true.. when they discount deep, we need to do our due deligence deep...
I never liked ASUS... , My basic Lenovo laptop with i3 is upporting 20 GB as of now... which I bought it for 33k 10 months ago...

akshayhs

TF Ace
Document says it's a maximum of 16GB. I guess 8 is soldered. So you only have a slot for inserting 8 more gigabytes of RAM.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Document says it's a maximum of 16GB. I guess 8 is soldered. So you only have a slot for inserting 8 more gigabytes of RAM.
the document say upto 16 GB... ie. for model : K3502ZA-KJ542WS -- 8GB + 8GB = 16 GB
but
our mate bought
K3502ZA-KJ522WS which it currently has 4GB soldered + 8GB = 12 GB...