• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest a 16gb Ram stick for this laptop

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
On 8GB model, 4GB is soldered. Which is also another bullshit.
completely agree, it is BS ... who is running a 12 Gb RAM laptops now with costs about 50K... Total BS on part of ASUS... big bogus.. ASUS has never been value for money..... IMO

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Unfortuanately it is true.. when they discount deep, we need to do our due deligence deep...
I never liked ASUS... , My basic Lenovo laptop with i3 is upporting 20 GB as of now... which I bought it for 33k 10 months ago...
And I had the worst luck. I found the deal at 2AM with 16GB model at same price, thought of buying it in morning, just being lazy. When checked in morning the 16GB model option was gone and only 8GB model could be bought and that too at the same price.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
completely agree, it is BS ... who is running a 12 Gb RAM laptops now with costs abuot 50K... Total BS on part of ASUS... big bogus.. ASUS is never been value for money..... IMO
Yeah, and why give two sticks of 4GB, even if someone upgrade there is wastage of 1 4GB stick.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
And I had the worst luck. I found the deal at 2AM with 16GB model at same price, thought of buying it in morning, just being lazy. When checked in morning the 16GB model option was gone and only 8GB model could be bought and that too at the same price.
Just one more month until the Great Indian Festival on Amazon. Consider waiting for it, unless you're in a hurry to make a purchase.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
sometimes things like that happen... we should never take decisions on the haste , especially with big buys... I waited for my laptop purchase for Dusserah season and did all the research... I too had one bad experience like you ... Learnt a lesson...

saucy

TF Ace
1. Device has 8 GB of RAM but in dual-channel. The config is 4GB soldered and 4GB replaceable. So, I can install only 1 more stick.
Okay - check the manual with the laptop - or can find in on their website.
2. I have emailed Asus, lets see what they say. Also trying to find something on the internet, but it is quite hard, as this model was either not sold widely or didn't recieve much reception. Because every time I search for the model it shows the OLED models, the one I have is LCD model.
Try googling for user manual or engineer's manual
3. Some of the programs I use for work could be a bit RAM hungry.
You may check your "task manager" to be certain it's Ram that's the bottleneck, and not the processor.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Nah, no hurry. Since this lappy is just used the few times I have to work while on the move, which is very rare. I have mostly used this one to pirate and watch movies.
Consider waiting for the Amazon sale and aim to make your purchase on the first day. Prices during the initial day usually lean towards the lower side compared to the following days.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Consider waiting for the Amazon sale and aim to make your purchase on the first day. Prices during the initial day usually lean towards the lower side compared to the following days.
I found another way to buy laptop other than Amazon...

Last year during dusserah sale: I bought a Lenovo Laptop , which retailed at around 43K immediately after the sale is over... I bought it for net effective price of about 30K...

Flow process:
Cashkaro - Lenovo site:

Cashkaro gave 1,700 CB for going thru their site:
Applied CK coupon on Lenovo site == 1500 instant discount
Lenovo was running 5% CB during that time = about 1,750
using SBI CB cash back card = another 1,750.
Lenovo was running some 30 - 40 % sale during that time ... so listed price was 36,990 ( immediately after the sale it became 42,990)
.+
Free bag worth Rs1,000 market price , actually it was invoiced at Rs.1

So the table looks like this:

Normal Retail Listed price = 42,990 (during normal days)

Listed price during sale by vendor = 36,990
Coupon discount = 1,500
Lenovo CB for using CC = 1,750
SBI CB card CB = 1,750
CashKaro CB = 1,700
Free Laptop bag =1,000
-----------
Net Effective Price =29,290
------------

During the same time the same laptop was listed on Amazon at 36,990
with sale discount or 5% CB on APAY/SBI CB card the net effective price would have been = 35,140 if we buy directly on AMAZON...

1692016456312.png

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace

Last year during dusserah sale: I bought a Lenovo Laptop , which retailed at around 43K immediately after the sale is over... I bought it for net effective price of about 30K...

Flow process:
Cashkaro - Lenovo site:

Lenovo was running some 30 - 40 % sale during that time ... so listed price was 36,990 ( immediately after the sale it became 42,990)
.+

1692016456312.png
I looked into ideapad too during the sale, but at similar price asus' screen and processor were much better. i5 12th gen ideapad around 50k is U instead of H.

AritraSaha

TF Legend

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I looked into ideapad too during the sale, but at similar price asus' screen and processor were much better. i5 12th gen ideapad around 50k is U instead of H.
Sure, I am not endorsing Lenovo at all.. We need to look for what fits for our uasge...
I upgraded my RAM to 20 GB and Wifi card to support wifi 6... and it is flying now:

I have 300 mbps broadband plan now on ACT:
and using WIFI ( not wired net) , I am getting these speeds : The SS taken just now:

1692017415565.png

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I have the Lenovo legion... It's actually nice ...

Don't sound like airplane with playing games..
Build is pretty good...
No flix after 2 years...
The keyboard is awesome..

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I have the Lenovo legion... It's actually nice ...

Don't sound like airplane with playing games..
Build is pretty good...
No flix after 2 years...
The keyboard is awesome..
For Games and all I have Zephyrus g15, 2022. Gr8 laptop and doesn't scream I am gamer too. Irony is that I bought the lappy on a US trip where I was supposed to work like 80hrs in a week but did 10 and was free. Plus there was some discount on bestbuy. So I ended up playing games on it most of the week. But now, I have so much work these days that I sometimes don't even start that for sometimes for 2-3 days.

itsds

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Flow process:
Cashkaro - Lenovo site:

.+

So the table looks like this:

Normal Retail Listed price = 42,990 (during normal days)

Listed price during sale by vendor = 36,990
Coupon discount = 1,500
Lenovo CB for using CC = 1,750
SBI CB card CB = 1,750
CashKaro CB = 1,700
Free Laptop bag =1,000
-----------
Net Effective Price =29,290
------------

During the same time the same laptop was listed on Amazon at 36,990
with sale discount or 5% CB on APAY/SBI CB card the net effective price would have been = 35,140 if we buy directly on AMAZON...

1692016456312.png
Cashkaro Website no more giving 5% on Lenovo Products Purchase , do you know any other website which will give 5% on lenovo laptop purchase via them ?

AsB

TF Ace
How do you check if a RAM would be compatible with a given Laptop/PC ?
I am building one PC in a few months, so want to know