• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me best way to use Taj Epicure membership

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC Speciale' savings accounts. If you create new account and spend 3L using debit card then you get this after 9 months.
Did your branch give you the offer above? Because as per the website:
--You need to spend 75000 in 180 days AND
--Have an AQB of 3 lakhs for 2 quarters (AND the FD cushion doesn't count)

===============================
The Customer is eligible for Epicure Preferred membership valid at Taj, SeleQtions and Vivanta hotels, subject to minimum spends of Rs. 75,000 on the Debit card in first 180 days after Account opening and and Product Average Quarterly Balance maintained in the Savings account as per T&C for two quarters from next month of Account opening. For complete Terms and Conditions, refer Epicure Program section on Taj Hotels website. Post fulfilling the eligibility criteria, the Customer will receive voucher within 90 days from end of eligibility period.

FD cushion is not applicable for claiming merchant benefit

P.S. I wanted to open this account but was put off by the AQB and the FD cushion not counting. That works out to (7%-3%) = 4%/2 (cos only 2 quarters) = 2% of 3 lakh i.e. Rs 6000 for 2 quarters in terms of lost interest charges. This is partially offset by the 2K vouchers that you get; which means you pay about 4K for the Taj membership. Leaving aside the discounts of the membership you pay 4K for a free 1 night stay with breakfast for 2, a free set lunch for 2, 1 free spa session

Last edited:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone. I have Taj Epicure Preferred membership; please suggest the best way to get the highest value out of it.
Taj epicure preferred membership gives you some vouchers , 1 night stay at participating hotels , next level room upgrade , dining vouchers . You can book the room stay directly from taj website using the voucher code , and redeem the set lunch voucher for 2 at participating restaurants in Taj . For stay I would suggest to book hotels in south india , like Taj green cove Kovalam or Taj Exotica Havelock islands you can get maximum value as those are little expensive as compared to north indian ones you can also use the set lunch for 2 at their all day dining restaurants , also the 60 minutes spa . rest dinning vouchers you can use as non resident as well

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Did your branch give you the offer above? Because as per the website:
--You need to spend 75000 in 180 days AND
--Have an AQB of 3 lakhs for 2 quarters (AND the FD cushion doesn't count)

The Customer is eligible for Epicure Preferred membership valid at Taj, SeleQtions and Vivanta hotels, subject to minimum spends of Rs. 75,000 on the Debit card in first 180 days after Account opening and and Product Average Quarterly Balance maintained in the Savings account as per T&C for two quarters from next month of Account opening. For complete Terms and Conditions, refer Epicure Program section on Taj Hotels website. Post fulfilling the eligibility criteria, the Customer will receive voucher within 90 days from end of eligibility period.

FD cushion is not applicable for claiming merchant benefit

P.S. I wanted to open this account but was put off by the AQB and the FD cushion not counting. That works out to (7%-3%) = 4%/2 (cos only 2 quarters) = 2% of 3 lakh i.e. Rs 6000 for 2 quarters in terms of lost interest charges. This is partially offset by the 2K vouchers that you get; which means you pay about 4K for the Taj membership. Leaving aside the discounts of the membership you pay 4K for a free 1 night stay with breakfast for 2, a free set lunch for 2, 1 free spa session
Yes, it's the same offer as mentioned on the website. I forgot the exact spending, it's been quite a while so don't remember exactly.

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Taj epicure preferred membership gives you some vouchers , 1 night stay at participating hotels , next level room upgrade , dining vouchers . You can book the room stay directly from taj website using the voucher code , and redeem the set lunch voucher for 2 at participating restaurants in Taj . For stay I would suggest to book hotels in south india , like Taj green cove Kovalam or Taj Exotica Havelock islands you can get maximum value as those are little expensive as compared to north indian ones you can also use the set lunch for 2 at their all day dining restaurants , also the 60 minutes spa . rest dinning vouchers you can use as non resident as well
Do you know if I can book the room in someone's else name? Since only two persons are allowed, so I am planning to give the benefit to some other family member and not use it myself.

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Do you know if I can book the room in someone's else name? Since only two persons are allowed, so I am planning to give the benefit to some other family member and not use it myself.
I think this should answer your question. Unfortunately it looks like the stay voucher can't be transferred but the restriction doesn't seem to be present on the lunch voucher. However, it would be better to directly check with the hotel at which you intend redeeming it.