• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Swiggy credit card, close or keep?

UdayTr

TF Buzz
Wanted some advice, so I currently have hdfc swiggy credit card paid, got it in April,bad luck as it is now ltf. I have just received my amazon voucher for the same worth 1500 after a month or so from activation.
So basically these are the options on my mind:
1. Close the card now, I get the pay balance as bonus, not sure about affects on relation with company.
2. Keep the card for three years already cause they are technically free years because of the voucher.
3. Have the joining fees levied on 4th statement, after a year or so try for ltf swiggy or use corporate tieups for any other ltf card upgrade(had a talk once and they said diners privilege ltf is available, will try regalia gold).

I am an avid swiggy/zomato user though so I see the card as beneficial. I have axis flipkart card apart from this that gives 4% cashback on swiggy.
Any suggestions?

Reactions: SSV
Wanted some advice, so I currently have hdfc swiggy credit card paid, got it in April,bad luck as it is now ltf. I have just received my amazon voucher for the same worth 1500 after a month or so from activation.
1. Close the card now, I get the pay balance as bonus, not sure about affects on relation with company.
2. Keep the card for three years already cause they are technically free years because of the voucher.
3. Have the joining fees levied on 4th statement, after a year or so try for ltf swiggy or use corporate tieups for any other ltf card upgrade(had a talk once and they said diners privilege ltf is available, will try regalia gold).

I am an avid swiggy/zomato user though so I see the card as beneficial. I have axis flipkart card apart from this that gives 4% cashback on swiggy.
Any suggestions?
it is NO 3..for me ..

My advice:
Just dont run around like a headless chicken...

Cards evovle.. you already got 1.5K .. keep calm .. and enjoy life...
all the best

Yeah I'm also leaning towards option 3, I saw in swiggy faq upgrade is possible
See, for human beings.. it is always .. the one we haven't got will be very intersting... once we get it, we lose interest...

So, dont spend too much time about this LTF thing.. just spend and enjoy the card.. you can think about it a year later..
Who knows there will be other better options for Swiggy lovers... or they will handover Swiggy card as LTF like candies to everyone inlcuding the existing users

Last edited:
+ @SSV I'm kind of repeating this in every post but again you don't need to fight for basic cards LTF, these cards at the present situation won't survive more than 2 years without devaluation.

So, fighting for LTF is not advisable. As mentioned, wait for a year and see whether card still valuable or not.

People are getting as LTF and 2 years later fighting for upgrade to better cards which are never LTF by default, you have to fight again.

Compared to LTF people you got 3 year free, that is more than enough and at the current situation it won't survive 3 years without drastic charges in the product.

Again, above points are assumed that your lifestyle will change in 3 years or so and your requirements. If it will be same like today or requirements same, then yes LTF needed.

Any suggestions?
Swiggy card recently revalued.
Earlier it gives cb in the form of swiggy money now after 1 July it will give cb as statement credit which makes it a direct competitor of sbi cashback card.
As we all know swiggy card gives 5%back on all online spends.
So keeping the card is a right choice

my opinion, 500 annual fee no need to think much, if u like the card and are likely to use in the year, just keep it. dont calculate returns minus annual fee, there are bigger things/amounts we will be losing many a times

Back