• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unexpected Convenience Fees with SBI RuPay Platinum JCB Debit Card (Friday Offer)

6ix9ine

TF Ace
Hey guys, today is Friday and I went to Amazon to pay my electricity bill.

To my surprise, I noticed that my SBI RuPay Platinum JCB card is being considered as a 'CREDIT CARD' instead of 'DEBIT CARD' and incurs convenience fees of 1.18% when paying my electricity bill.

I tried talking to customer care, explaining everything to them, but they were clueless and took 30-45 minutes of my time without any resolution.

I have a question for everyone who holds this specific debit card variant:

Could you please check if your debit card is also being considered as credit card? Are you also being charged convenience fees?

Thanks in advance.

//Edit on: 27/09/2024
S. No.​
Utility Name​
Convenience Charge on SBI RuPay Platinum JCB (Y/N)​
(1)​
Electricity​
YES
(2)​
Landline/Broadband​
YES
(3)​
Postpaid​
YES
(4)​
Water​
-​
(5)​
Municipal Services​
-​
(6)​
Municipal Tax​
-​
(7)​
Cable TV​
-​
(8)​
Education Fees​
-​
(9)​
Piped Gas​
-​
(10)​
DTH​
NO

Last edited:
@SnowLucifer , friends
Do post some details on how to raise this issue. Should we do it on app or website. Where exactly is the option in app or website.

This will help everyone including me, who is getting charged convenience fee to get it reversed as well as make amazon detect this error
I will share once i receive the feedback, if it is working or not, but you can raise the request on the amazon website. Go to Amazon.in > Customer Service > Your Orders > Copy the BBPS order No. Then go to Help Bill Payment page and at the bottom you will see " How do i raise a complaint about the biller" > You will see >Submit Complaint at this link> Open the link and paste the BBPS order no. and mention the issue and raise the complaint.

Tried this method, but at the last step I understood, amazon raises the issue with bbps. So I didn’t submit. Will try chat support

Update: wasted 30 minutes on chat support. Transferred my chat to 4 executives. Uploaded screenshot of the Amazon FAQ mentioning zero convenience fee for rupay dc. After everything, the chat guy is asking- may I know if your issue is whith the convenience fee !!! I closed the window to escape this loop of incompetence and stupidity

Last edited:
Back