• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Updating HDFC Registered Mobile Number - DIY Online

SSV

TF Reserve
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys,

Wanted to change my RMN of HDFC to my secondary number from my primary, as I have HDFC Swiggy CC LTF offer on my secondary number and I can't change my Swiggy RMN...

So, here is my experience of changing my HDFC RMN, as it happens..
It seems I need to wait for 48 hours from the request time..

Steps:

1) Need to login to Self Service web site:

2) Provide , current RMN and OTP, and give the new RMN and OTP and authenticate via DC / net banking etc..

3) Wait for 48 hours to get this into effect.. We have an option to cancel this RMN change request within 48 hours of request time, just in case if it was done without our knowledge..

I received an email immediately and followed by another email after 12 hours saying that I got 36 hours to cancel this RMN change request,in case I changed my mind or someone else intitiated the change request..

1718105767517.png

1718105806284.png

This afternoon received another email notification.. saying that I have 36 hours to cancel the request ...

1718105893663.png

Last edited:
Guys,

Wanted to change my RMN of HDFC to my secondary number from my primary, as I have HDFC Swiggy CC LTF offer on my secondary number and I can't change my Swiggy RMN...

Steps:

2) Provide , current RMN and OTP, and give the new RMN and OTP and authenticate via DC / net banking etc..

3) Wait for 48 hours to get this into effect.. We have an option to cancel this RMN change request within 48 hours of request time, just in case if it was done without our knowledge..

I received an email immediately and followed by another email after 12 hours saying that I got 36 hours to cancel this RMN change request,in case I changed my mind or someone else intitiated the change request..

View attachment 56869

View attachment 56870

This afternoon received another email notification.. saying that I have 36 hours to cancel the request ...

View attachment 56871
This is very helpful.

I stumbled upon this website few days ago but it wasnt working for email updation(cc holder). Didn’t take request die to some error. Hopefully its working now and you will be able to change rmn. Keep us posted.

Reactions: SSV
This is very helpful.

I stumbled upon this website few days ago but it wasnt working for email updation(cc holder). Didn’t take request die to some error. Hopefully its working now and you will be able to change rmn. Keep us posted.
It is now more than 30 hours.. still my exisitng RMN is working.. It didn't change to new RMN yet..
I am getting all OTP s to exsiting RMN only as of now...

They said after 48 hours it comes in to effect ..
Lets see what happens..

Also, One question. Do you have a Tata Neu card ?
In that case will change in RMN at HDFC have any effect on how reward points are credited to Tata Neu Account?
Tata Neu doesn't allows change in RMN if there is a Neu card linked with it.
I do have Neu Infinity CC.. yes there may be problem...
I will change it back to my primary phone number once my Swiggy card is generated i.e in ono week's time..
My Tata Neu card bill will be generated on 2nd of every month..
Lets see what happens..

I do have Neu Infinity CC.. yes there may be problem...
I will change it back to my primary phone number once my Swiggy card is generated i.e in ono week's time..
My Tata Neu card bill will be generated on 2nd of every month..
Lets see what happens..
Yes, you are right.. I didn't think about this..
But have to see what happens.. someone need to try new things. otherwise we don't know what happens.
I did this on experiment basis..
as Swiggy guys never want to unblock my blocked phone number..

Going through very similar issue. I had to take my Neu Infinity LTF card on my secondary phone number as it was connected to several Tata services like Big Basket, Tanishq, Titan, Westside since a long time. And I was getting LTF offer only on my secondary number!

My DCB metal is connected to my primary phone number. In the app both cards have shared limits. Only OTP comes to different numbers.

But I don't know if I should even try to change the number for my neu card! I'm doubtful how the neu coins will be processed as there is no TataNeu account on my primary number!

Guys,

Steps:

View attachment 56869

View attachment 56870

View attachment 56871
Guys,

It took exactly 48 hours to take effect my RMN change request…
Let’s see what happens now..
I need to test a few things…

1718250385769.jpeg

1718250557528.jpeg

Last edited:
I changed the Citibank Credit Card RMN yesterday. While the number was updated immediately it said that OTP will conitnue to be sent on OLD number for next 3 days.

Reactions: SSV
I changed the Citibank Credit Card RMN yesterday. While the number was updated immediately it said that OTP will conitnue to be sent on OLD number for next 3 days.
Checked on my second DC ie. Plat Visa DC also , same issue.. sending OTP to old RMN ..

Back