• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Updating HDFC Registered Mobile Number - DIY Online

SSV

TF Reserve
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys,

Wanted to change my RMN of HDFC to my secondary number from my primary, as I have HDFC Swiggy CC LTF offer on my secondary number and I can't change my Swiggy RMN...

So, here is my experience of changing my HDFC RMN, as it happens..
It seems I need to wait for 48 hours from the request time..

Steps:

1) Need to login to Self Service web site:

2) Provide , current RMN and OTP, and give the new RMN and OTP and authenticate via DC / net banking etc..

3) Wait for 48 hours to get this into effect.. We have an option to cancel this RMN change request within 48 hours of request time, just in case if it was done without our knowledge..

I received an email immediately and followed by another email after 12 hours saying that I got 36 hours to cancel this RMN change request,in case I changed my mind or someone else intitiated the change request..

1718105767517.png

1718105806284.png

This afternoon received another email notification.. saying that I have 36 hours to cancel the request ...

1718105893663.png

Last edited:
Now I received another SR sent to my new number via sms../. I think this will fix this issue by tonight..

What this means is: after new number was reflected in bank account systems, in the bank systems using my new number raised another SR to sync this number across all cards in the cards system…

Hopefully this will be the last step..

View attachment 57123

Uff ye HDFC...

SideNote: Please increase the number of emojis in like button. My above could have been said by an apt emoji. @TechnoFino

Guys

Latest update:
BM called me just now about this phone numbe change..
For security reasons, he say s I need to do Bio metric verfication from the branch..
Branch is literally 30 meters away from my place . I told him about the scenario of applying for Swiggy card..
We will have a chat tomorrow..

Guys

Latest update:
BM called me just now about this phone numbe change..
For security reasons, he say s I need to do Bio metric verfication from the branch..
Branch is literally 30 meters away from my place . I told him about the scenario of applying for Swiggy card..
We will have a chat tomorrow..
For effecting change in bank account they didn't need biometric but for Cards they need biometric. Waah re waah.

For effecting change in bank account they didn't need biometric but for Cards they need biometric. Waah re waah.
Mob number much sensitive na otp if delivered wrong then card can be misused so its good they validate this way

Meanwhile, I thought I would try with Swiggy cc application as validation with net banking is available during the last step but it has falied once after processing for more than 5 minutes.. It seems it may be checking with cards db..
All mess now.. thats okay.. atleast I tried.. ..tomorrow may be I wont go ahead with my phone number modification.. as I need to do this process again.. after 2 weeks.
See mobile number has become an integral part of our digital life.. we have to give same mobile numbe across all different apps otherwise it is going to be a big mess..
The more I think, I shoud not go ahead with my primary number change..

Last edited:
Mob number much sensitive na otp if delivered wrong then card can be misused so its good they validate this way
You are right.. but in that case, they should not have allwoed even to change in the bank account side..
See now for my Fund transfer part, I can do with new mobile number.. the otp is coming to new number for Fund transfer..

This mobile number modification should not have been in the online services , in my view...

The latest SR triggered as a complaint and now branch need to attend this to effect changes in CRM.. it seems..

This is the email I got from the branch , after I got a call from BM.. :)

1718293242198.png

You are right.. but in that case, they should not have allwoed even to change in the bank account side..
See now for my Fund transfer part, I can do with new mobile number.. the otp is coming to new number for Fund transfer..

This mobile number modification should not have been in the online services , in my view...
Techie developer who allowed fund transfer instant without any cooling period is a arrear candidate i guess
The double validation on front end to update mob no with bio metrics may be an IIT lol
End of the day cust care as usual dont know any of these feature or update since training not provided periodically
We r the customers no way have to survive with all these

• Haha
Reactions: SSV
Meanwhile,
Swiggy ran out its gas after processing for 10 minutes each time ( I tried total 3 times)..
and throwing up this error..

May be 3 cibil hits by now..
I will know it tomorrow...

1718293604553.png

Meanwhile,
Swiggy ran out its gas after processing for 10 minutes each time ( I tried total 3 times)..
and throwing up this error..

May be 3 cibil hits by now..
I will know it tomorrow...

View attachment 57230
Good thing is , it didn't submit the application..it is still stuck at the 3rd step of swiggy application.
It is asking me to resume the application..

1718293874833.png

i am CC oly customer of HDFC. did this RMN change thru ATM. it took the same 48 hr for the process but the OTPs kept coming in the old RMN for the next 4 to 5 days even after tat 48 hrs period but the transaction done SMS ll come in the new RMN. after a whole period of one week oly i was able to get the OTP in the new RMN. but after that 48 hrs period i was able to link my rupay CC to UPI using the new RMN. that transition period was so confusing. (adding to that whatsapp banking was not working in both the numbers after the RMN change. tat s different story).
Jus an info: HDFC lets me login to Mycards portal using a non registered number if the same is being used in a dual sim mobile along with the RMN. .

i am CC oly customer of HDFC. did this RMN change thru ATM. it took the same 48 hr for the process but the OTPs kept coming in the old RMN for the next 4 to 5 days even after tat 48 hrs period but the transaction done SMS ll come in the new RMN. after a whole period of one week oly i was able to get the OTP in the new RMN. but after that 48 hrs period i was able to link my rupay CC to UPI using the new RMN. that transition period was so confusing. (adding to that whatsapp banking was not working in both the numbers after the RMN change. tat s different story).
Jus an info: HDFC lets me login to Mycards portal using a non registered number if the same is being used in a dual sim mobile along with the RMN. .
Last lines look like a serious mess with HDFC Bank technology ☹️

Told you to wait at least a day before swiggy application. Why you hurried?
we need to do different things to know whats happening..
I dont really care if I dont get Swiggy card..but you are right. for someone who really wanted the card. . it is better to wait for a few days..

BM now called me sharp at 10:05 AM and asking for when would I like to visit the branch to do bio metric.. and he is asking me to visit as soon as possible..
It seems he needed to resolve the complaint asap..
This complaint thing is doing wonders..
He was saying "next time if you want anything, just call me sir .. you have my number sir" ...

I actaully had a chat with imperia / infinia support and it seems they raised a complaint...

BM now called me sharp at 10:05 AM and asking for when would I like to visit the branch to do bio metric.. and he is asking me to visit as soon as possible..
It seems he needed to resolve the complaint asap..
This complaint thing is doing wonders..
He was saying "next time if you want anything, just call me sir .. you have my number sir" ...

I actaully had a chat with imperia / infinia support and it seems they raised a complaint...

Guys,
another update .. now my RM called me and asking me when would I be free.. He wanted to visit my home to do the Biometric update..
this complaint is doing really wonders...I believe..

1718342103654.png

Guys,
another update .. now my RM called me and asking me when would I be free.. He wanted to visit my home to do the Biometric update..
this complaint is doing really wonders...I believe..

View attachment 57285
Mujhe bhi imperia/Infinia lena hai. But the problem is that in Mumbai every HDFC branch will be having 100's if not thousands of Imperia accounts. City of Reeech People. There are 5 HDFC Bank branch within 3 kms radius of where I live.

Back