• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Updating HDFC Registered Mobile Number - DIY Online

SSV

TF Reserve
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys,

Wanted to change my RMN of HDFC to my secondary number from my primary, as I have HDFC Swiggy CC LTF offer on my secondary number and I can't change my Swiggy RMN...

So, here is my experience of changing my HDFC RMN, as it happens..
It seems I need to wait for 48 hours from the request time..

Steps:

1) Need to login to Self Service web site:

2) Provide , current RMN and OTP, and give the new RMN and OTP and authenticate via DC / net banking etc..

3) Wait for 48 hours to get this into effect.. We have an option to cancel this RMN change request within 48 hours of request time, just in case if it was done without our knowledge..

I received an email immediately and followed by another email after 12 hours saying that I got 36 hours to cancel this RMN change request,in case I changed my mind or someone else intitiated the change request..

1718105767517.png

1718105806284.png

This afternoon received another email notification.. saying that I have 36 hours to cancel the request ...

1718105893663.png

Last edited:
So card wise separate change required
I have
1) Two SB accounts and hence two Plat DCs
2) Have Infinia Metal and Tata Infinity CC

all the the above 4 cards are not working in terms of OTP being sent to old RMN..

ONly case working as of now, at Bank accout level ie. Fund transafer intiated thru Net banking..

It think cards DB is different to SB account DB..

In nutshell,

CC❌
DC❌

SB Account thru NB ✅

So they have separate DB for cards and account or it seems syncing between them takes some time. I feel you can go ahead and apply Swiggy as you'd be able to authenticate using HDFC RMN via netbanking.

Just to be on safer side, just check the credit limit assigned before authentication. If it is temp 5000/- limit then everything is good.

Reactions: SSV
So they have separate DB for cards and account or it seems syncing between them takes some time. I feel you can go ahead and apply Swiggy as you'd be able to authenticate using HDFC RMN via netbanking.

Just to be on safer side, just check the credit limit assigned before authentication. If it is temp 5000/- limit then everything is good.
Ideally it should sync if not it means one kyc registry have 2 mob nos

Called imperia/ infinia CC and informed them about my new number not reflected in my my cards account even after the change request..
He logged a SR and someone from backend team will call me back soon...

1718268911303.png

Last edited:
Ye wala Message kis number par aaya ? I guess new.
No… it is old number only…
He must have raised the issue after logging into their CC system.
Because he greeted me by my name and I called thru my friend of number.. I asked him how could you see my name immediately.. he was sort of stunned!!

Called imperia/ infinia CC and informed them about my new number not reflected in my my cards account even after the change request..
He logged a SR and someone from backend team will call me back soon...

View attachment 57114
Ye wala Message kis number par aaya ? I guess new.

Now I received another SR sent to my new number via sms../. I think this will fix this issue by tonight..

What this means is: after new number was reflected in bank account systems, in the bank systems using my new number raised another SR to sync this number across all cards in the cards system…

Hopefully this will be the last step..

1718273035034.jpeg

Last edited:
I have
1) Two SB accounts and hence two Plat DCs
2) Have Infinia Metal and Tata Infinity CC

all the the above 4 cards are not working in terms of OTP being sent to old RMN..

ONly case working as of now, at Bank accout level ie. Fund transafer intiated thru Net banking..

It think cards DB is different to SB account DB..

In nutshell,

CC❌
DC❌

SB Account thru NB ✅
Wait a while, it takes time to update number on cards for transaction authentication

Mostly, will be done by tomorrow....

Back