• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Updating HDFC Registered Mobile Number - DIY Online

SSV

TF Reserve
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys,

Wanted to change my RMN of HDFC to my secondary number from my primary, as I have HDFC Swiggy CC LTF offer on my secondary number and I can't change my Swiggy RMN...

So, here is my experience of changing my HDFC RMN, as it happens..
It seems I need to wait for 48 hours from the request time..

Steps:

1) Need to login to Self Service web site:

2) Provide , current RMN and OTP, and give the new RMN and OTP and authenticate via DC / net banking etc..

3) Wait for 48 hours to get this into effect.. We have an option to cancel this RMN change request within 48 hours of request time, just in case if it was done without our knowledge..

I received an email immediately and followed by another email after 12 hours saying that I got 36 hours to cancel this RMN change request,in case I changed my mind or someone else intitiated the change request..

1718105767517.png

1718105806284.png

This afternoon received another email notification.. saying that I have 36 hours to cancel the request ...

1718105893663.png

Last edited:
bhai ek form aata hai credit card number change ka, go in any nearest hdfc branch, write 16 digit card number on it, new mobile number, sign it and give it to them. They send the same to chennai. So in a span of around 10 days, you will receive message that number has been modified in card number ending (****). I did the same in my mother's credit card.
Why didn't you try to change it online?

Why did you change?
bhai mummy ko call karna padta tha OTP ke liye, mere pas regalia tha, mummy papa ko milenia dilvaya mene, to ab acha nahi lagta na unko call karna baar baar. fir yahi ek tarika tha november me. Ab to add on card pe mobile number add on ka hi rehta hai, to ab ye exercise karne ki jarurat nahi hai. Add on banva lo aur maze karo.

bhai mummy ko call karna padta tha OTP ke liye, mere pas regalia tha, mummy papa ko milenia dilvaya mene, to ab acha nahi lagta na unko call karna baar baar. fir yahi ek tarika tha november me. Ab to add on card pe mobile number add on ka hi rehta hai, to ab ye exercise karne ki jarurat nahi hai. Add on banva lo aur maze karo.
Actually it was meant for @SSV. Why did you change rmn @SSV

I have exact same issue, I was able to change my RMN to my HDFC credit card and bank account, for this we need to do it twice one for bank account and for credit card, both can be done online using insta services @SSV

My Swiggy account with my primary number got deactivated, and I received a Lifetime Free (LTF) offer on my secondary number.

Aadhaar, CIBIL, and other are linked to my primary number.

To get swiggy card I'm trying to change from primary to secondary in cibil report aadhar etc,

Updated number to Secondary in HDFC Bank account, HDFC credit card which I Have.

after 2 months I got an alert on CIBIL saying new number has been added to cibil report.

But still I'm unable to fetch cibil report with my secondary

I believe @SSV is unable to proceed with application because swiggy was unable to fetch cibil report using it's secondary phone number, and I'm also stuck at same place,

Have one question.
Can we fetch same cibil report using 2 different numbers?

I have exact same issue, I was able to change my RMN to my HDFC credit card and bank account, for this we need to do it twice one for bank account and for credit card, both can be done online using insta services @SSV

My Swiggy account with my primary number got deactivated, and I received a Lifetime Free (LTF) offer on my secondary number.

Aadhaar, CIBIL, and other are linked to my primary number.

To get swiggy card I'm trying to change from primary to secondary in cibil report aadhar etc,

Updated number to Secondary in HDFC Bank account, HDFC credit card which I Have.

after 2 months I got an alert on CIBIL saying new number has been added to cibil report.

But still I'm unable to fetch cibil report with my secondary

I believe @SSV is unable to proceed with application because swiggy was unable to fetch cibil report using it's secondary phone number, and I'm also stuck at same place,

Have one question.
cibil accounts are bases on pan, not mobile numbers.

they mentioned they add new number in existing personal details (which you can safely ignore and no impact on cibil).

both numbers under single account.

My major concern is I wish to apply for HDFC swiggy credit card using my secondary mobile number, but when I try to fetch my cibil score using secondary number and gave my actual PAN, it's resulting in no cibil history,

So I'm afraid that when I go for application will my application go trough or it will say no cibil report found?

My major concern is I wish to apply for HDFC swiggy credit card using my secondary mobile number, but when I try to fetch my cibil score using secondary number and gave my actual PAN, it's resulting in no cibil history,

So I'm afraid that when I go for application will my application go trough or it will say no cibil report found?

unless you're fetching from official cibil website (which require username and password along with auto-OTP to registered mobile number), your result is that app fault, not cibil.

Does someone know if we can have different mobile number for credit cards and different one for savings account for the same customer in hdfc?

forget hdfc, its not possible in any bank. moreover its unnecessarily complicate things even if its possible. Sooner or later you'll realize and reach bank to update everything to same number.

Last edited:
Does someone know if we can have different mobile number for credit cards and different one for savings account for the same customer in hdfc?
It is possible in HDFC. You need to submit a form by visiting the branch. Once it reaches chennai, it takes about 10 days in the process, you will receive confirmation message on new mobile number that your number in this card has been modified. After that all OTP, bill related SMS all are received on new mobile number.
I did the same, as i handle the card in my mother's name. And one more thing same mobile number is in my father's card too. So 2 different credit card holders of hdfc can also have same mobile number.
My mother has separate mobile number in savings account, plus my father's number is same as in his credit card.
For your reference i have attached the concerned pdf too. Cheers.

Attachments

forget hdfc, its not possible in any bank.
I have different mobile number in ICICI Bank Acc. and Credit Card but problem arises when you have LE offer on your card and it will give you Mob Num mismatch error. Currently my Axis too has different numbers.

When you update mobile number at ATM, it changes only for alerts and OTP and App access and not for Cust ID/CC or even DC with some banks. So you have to contact branch for all others changes and can be done at Branch level itself.

To keep different numbers, just visit the Branch and fill up form for only CC Num update. But having different numbers is not advised at all by me until unless you can live with the minuses it has like I am with ICICI and Axis card. Recently I updated HDFC RMN via Netbanking (New Interface updated for my cust ID which allows it with Aadhaar Authentication). Number updated in Cust ID and Alerts but CC OTPs are still coming on old number.

Last year I updated email ID with HDFC too. Normal alerts and communication comes to new address but Debit Card OTPs are sent to old email ID. I haven't visit branch to request update of email in cust ID after which it will came to new ID. So changing a mobile number needs to be updated at 3-4-5 stages. Some banks are integrating and request for anyone will change for all. Like Axis these days updates for Cust ID and App/Alerts when you change at ATM.

Banks should tighten mobile number update route as in many cases younger generations are duping their own parents due to lack of their tech awareness and blaming it on banks/fraudsters. Ghor Kalyug. Forget cities, kids in their teenage in villages and towns are exploiting money from grandfather/grandmother account and also parents acc. Yaha hum itney bade ho gaye hai par aaj bhi before spending on anything take advice from parents and let them know about every penny spent. :)

Banks should tighten mobile number update route as in many cases younger generations are duping their own parents due to lack of their tech awareness and blaming it on banks/fraudsters. Ghor Kalyug. Forget cities, kids in their teenage in villages and towns are exploiting money from grandfather/grandmother account and also parents acc. Yaha hum itney bade ho gaye hai par aaj bhi before spending on anything take advice from parents and let them know about every penny spent.

For thousands of years, kids are always sharper than the previous generation/s. So, no matter how many restrictions there are, those kids will find a way. 😝

For thousands of years, kids are always sharper than the previous generation/s. So, no matter how many restrictions there are, those kids will find a way. 😝
Duping and stealing from own people don't make them sharp. It is not a thing you can be proud of and celebrate. If they are so sharp minded, they will be finding ways of learning and earning in outer world but these loads on society are Maharajas and doing a part time job is like why we should do it when we can steal from own home. The video bloggers and content creators era will soon be gone and many will be jobless. These days even bollywood people aren't able to make it big. Every thing has its days and then get over.

People should celebrate those kids who from young age do hard work and help themselves and society too at the end. Indian parents are continously failing to have a harsh attitude that make them these idiots stand on their own in future. Upto 18 is okay but then they should be thrown out of home and let taste the hardships of life. I get disheartened when I see people over 30s living on their parent's money. In India, it is like a normal thing and nobody cares.

We should stop living in fool's paradise now and accept the fact that generation born after 2000 will do more bad for country then any good. Joblessness is more because of attitude some people have. They want to start being CEO of companies and don't want to climb the ladder step by step. Trust me, they are going to have saddest of life. :(

Every thing has its days and then get over.

+1 . I am neither proud nor sad about those kids. Neither I encourage deceptive ideas (that is different from what I meant which involves mostly love). It's a human thing to be more smarter generation after generation. How that smartness is used may vary. There is a saying in Tamil that learn everything, but do NOT do bad things. Just know.

+1 . I am neither proud nor sad about those kids. Neither I encourage deceptive ideas (that is different from what I meant which involves mostly love). It's a human thing to be more smarter generation after generation. How that smartness is used may vary. There is a saying in Tamil that learn everything, but do NOT do bad things. Just know.
Reply was not for you but in general. :)

As they say, with power comes responsibility but currently power is in hands of those who are misusing it and the youth following blindly and thinking that behaving in a bad way is normal. With OTT normalizing abusive language, India as a whole is getting into screnario where using abusive language is kind of makes you look cool.

It was possible with Axis. However, for some reason, early this year, Axis stopped changing RMN (via online). It may still be possible thr offline mode to change only for SB account or CC..

It is possible in HDFC. You need to submit a form by visiting the branch. Once it reaches chennai, it takes about 10 days in the process, you will receive confirmation message on new mobile number that your number in this card has been modified. After that all OTP, bill related SMS all are received on new mobile number.

I have different mobile number in ICICI Bank Acc.

Why to unnecessarily complicate things, IMO? sooner or later will realize the mistake and additional burden, finally will reach bank to change all to same number. Good to know axis and ICICI & HDFC providing.

Why to unnecessarily complicate things, IMO? sooner or later will realize the mistake and additional burden, finally will reach bank to change all to same number. Good to know axis and ICICI & HDFC providing.
I already said, I am against keeping different number for bank/cc in case one can not manage things on own. I can so I kept different. All branches and ATMs are near my place of living. Have kept forms of all banks at home. Just fill and drop it at branch. Mostly they do my work with a phone call only. :)

Back