• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Updating HDFC Registered Mobile Number - DIY Online

SSV

TF Reserve
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys,

Wanted to change my RMN of HDFC to my secondary number from my primary, as I have HDFC Swiggy CC LTF offer on my secondary number and I can't change my Swiggy RMN...

So, here is my experience of changing my HDFC RMN, as it happens..
It seems I need to wait for 48 hours from the request time..

Steps:

1) Need to login to Self Service web site:

2) Provide , current RMN and OTP, and give the new RMN and OTP and authenticate via DC / net banking etc..

3) Wait for 48 hours to get this into effect.. We have an option to cancel this RMN change request within 48 hours of request time, just in case if it was done without our knowledge..

I received an email immediately and followed by another email after 12 hours saying that I got 36 hours to cancel this RMN change request,in case I changed my mind or someone else intitiated the change request..

1718105767517.png

1718105806284.png

This afternoon received another email notification.. saying that I have 36 hours to cancel the request ...

1718105893663.png

Last edited:
Means we will not get the answer of this question for some time.
What happens to Neu Coins credit when Mobile number is updated in HDFC Neu Card?
Yes, unfortuantely we wont get answers ..
I haven't looked at neu coins and how they are credited and work as I dont use that card much .
I use it only duinrg Rewards League time and use all the rewards in the next couple of months

Last edited:
@SSV is everything fine now? All otps working with new number?

When I asked my RM he said you can't change phone number online and I have to visit either branch or ATM.
No .. I reverted back to my old number.

It is a mess. don't do it..
banking part along with DC will be done with so much ease .. but CC part is a mess ..

Last edited:
No .. I reerted back to my old number.

It is a mess. don't do it..
banking part along with DC will be done with so much ease .. but CC part is a mess ..
I don't have a cc yet. So i guess it won't be a problem for me. I don't use this phone number for bank accounts. So i have to change it.

Reactions: SSV
I don't have a cc yet. So i guess it won't be a problem for me. I don't use this phone number for bank accounts. So i have to change it.
good .. if you dont have CC , then it is much easier and straight forward.. go the link that I provided and change it to whatever number you want..

Guys,

Wanted to change my RMN of HDFC to my secondary number from my primary, as I have HDFC Swiggy CC LTF offer on my secondary number and I can't change my Swiggy RMN...

So, here is my experience of changing my HDFC RMN, as it happens..
It seems I need to wait for 48 hours from the request time..

Steps:

1) Need to login to Self Service web site:

2) Provide , current RMN and OTP, and give the new RMN and OTP and authenticate via DC / net banking etc..

3) Wait for 48 hours to get this into effect.. We have an option to cancel this RMN change request within 48 hours of request time, just in case if it was done without our knowledge..

I received an email immediately and followed by another email after 12 hours saying that I got 36 hours to cancel this RMN change request,in case I changed my mind or someone else intitiated the change request..

View attachment 56869

View attachment 56870

This afternoon received another email notification.. saying that I have 36 hours to cancel the request ...

View attachment 56871
They rejected my family members Swiggy credit card application as it was applied from a different mobile number. When I asked them to review my application they asked me to change the mobile number of existing credit card to review my application. If I change mobile number of existing credit card then after How many days I can change it back to primary mobile number after approval of Swiggy credit card.

They rejected my family members Swiggy credit card application as it was applied from a different mobile number. When I asked them to review my application they asked me to change the mobile number of existing credit card to review my application. If I change mobile number of existing credit card then after How many days I can change it back to primary mobile number after approval of Swiggy credit card.
It is a tedious process and I backed out in the middle.. so I dont know answer to your questin.

Actually, they are offering so many services now under " self service" module called "Expressway"
right from product offers , product upgrade to so many account services..

have a look at them by logging to the expressway portal..

View attachment 56882

View attachment 56883
View attachment 56885
Lifesaver for HDFC updates..
Never knew such link exists.

Btw, any idea if there is a similar service to update CC statement generation date!
There was an earlier trick using my cards which do not work anymore.

Noticed this article late. Selfcare services are there from long and updation of mobile at Branch also takes same 48 hours. No updation at ATM for HDFC like others. Best is Bank of India which allows updation via Netbanking too. :)

Swiggy Number change is a pain if you do it from app as my friend went through the same recetnly and then they blocked him out from number change. But I never did it from App. Used website which don't give problem at all. Changed my registered number to new number last year and after 7 month back to same number. Both numbers are non-bank registered. For bank registered numbers I only have bank apps. Never use it anywhere else. For UPI have a different bank account and number in which balance remains low.

For updating mobile number /email id on hdfc card the only full proof way is to send the contact update form duly filled /signed to Chennai office.

Takes about 7-9 days.

bhai ek form aata hai credit card number change ka, go in any nearest hdfc branch, write 16 digit card number on it, new mobile number, sign it and give it to them. They send the same to chennai. So in a span of around 10 days, you will receive message that number has been modified in card number ending (****). I did the same in my mother's credit card.

Back