• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Waiting for update on Axis Airtel CC application

sidmal

TF Select
I had applied for an Axis Airtel credit card through the Airtel Thanks app on 6th Nov 23. Video KYC was done the same day. However, a few minutes later I got a message that due to a network issue, v-kyc was not completed successfully. Next day I got a call from an Axis Bank person informing me that they will send an executive for KYC and document verification at my residence. This was done on 8th Nov 23. Since then, there has been no update on the Axis Bank CC Portal. Stuck at "Your Credit Card application has been processed and is undergoing an eligibility check". Have used all channels - called, chatted and tweeted - to no avail. Yesterday (22nd Nov 23), a customer care executive raised a "service request" and told me to wait for "05 working days". Same thing was done by the Axis Bank twitter team - a second service request with a "service request is under process and you shall be updated with the response shortly".

I dont have any Axis Bank credit card and this was supposed to be my first one. CIBIL is 780+

Can anyone guide me on whats the best course of action to find out about the status of my application? Thanks.

Last edited:

D₹V

TF Prestige
I had applied for an Axis Airtel credit card through the Airtel Thanks app on 6th Nov 23. Video KYC was done the same day. However, a few minutes later I got a message that due to a network issue, v-kyc was not completed successfully. Next day I got a call from an Axis Bank person informing me that they will send an executive for KYC and document verification at my residence. This was done on 8th Nov 23. Since then, there has been no update on the Axis Bank CC Portal. Stuck at "Your Credit Card application has been processed and is undergoing an eligibility check". Have used all channels - called, chatted and tweeted - to no avail. Yesterday (22nd Nov 23), a customer care executive raised a "service request" and told me to wait for "05 working days". Same thing was done by the Axis Bank twitter team - a second service request with a "service request is under process and you shall be updated with the response shortly".

I dont have any Axis Bank credit card and this was supposed to be my first one. CIBIL is 780+

Can anyone guide me on whats the best course of action to find out about the status of my application? Thanks.
You should wait more 😎.

Generally Axis offline application takes 2-3 weeks.

Raise complaint to Nodal officer after this month if you don't get approval/rejection message.

aayusharyan

TF Ace

In my Case, I had wait around 3 weeks for update after the eligibility check started state.
This is after I already hold a CC with Axis.

gowmara

TF Select
I already have axis cc and have applied for new axis cc online. It’s not yet move to eligiblity check status when I track in portal. Executive from axis asked for documents in offline. So what is the process why can’t axis collect all documents in online and do eligibility check and approval in online

sidmal

TF Select
I already have axis cc and have applied for new axis cc online. It’s not yet move to eligiblity check status when I track in portal. Executive from axis asked for documents in offline. So what is the process why can’t axis collect all documents in online and do eligibility check and approval in online
Probably a way to "differentiate" their product in the market. The harder you have to work for something, the more you value it. I like how Axis thinks.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

As it is Airtel Axis CC , expect to wait for quite some more time .. ( some here refers to a variable).. ;)

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
No one could find the status of Airtel Axis CC application. Ever.

I got the approval in 15 days. A fellow member @vine got it in just 2 days. Applied on Nov 11 and approval on 13th.

Recently, the processing time has increased to 30 days for some people.

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
Is it worthy for Non-Airtel Customers to get this card? Considering Utility payments..

Depends on the usage. If you can get a yearly cash back of at least ₹1000, go for it. Otherwise, it is not worth taking as there is an annual fee of ₹500+GST. So, in order to get ₹1000 on cash back, one must spend ₹16000 on utilities spread over a year. Easy to achieve for some. For example, even gas cylinder booking and electricity payments are enough to achieve such spending. However, for gas cylinder booking and other spends, I highly recommend RuPay Platinum debit card that is less costlier and easier to get. RuPay card offer is available only on Fridays. So, most recharging of mobiles can’t wait until a Friday. For such cases, this Airtel Axis card is suitable.

gowthamv

TF Premier
Depends on the usage. If you can get a yearly cash back of at least ₹1000, go for it. Otherwise, it is not worth taking as there is an annual fee of ₹500+GST. So, in order to get ₹1000 on cash back, one must spend ₹16000 on utilities spread over a year. Easy to achieve for some. For example, even gas cylinder booking and electricity payments are enough to achieve such spending. However, for gas cylinder booking and other spends, I highly recommend RuPay Platinum debit card that is less costlier and easier to get. RuPay card offer is available only on Fridays. So, most recharging of mobiles can’t wait until a Friday. For such cases, this Airtel Axis card is suitable.
Thanks for the inputs!

Just an query.. The cashback is 10% for utility capped at 300 per month right?

So yearly Utility payment of 12k would give 1200 as cashback, right? (Correct me If I am wrong)

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor

Exact word to word scenario with me as well, applied for this card on 6th nov and still waiting for eligibility check to get completed. Only difference is I have a long relationship with axis with two savings account and two credit cards. But doubtful about the approval tho

Exact word to word scenario with me as well, applied for this card on 6th nov and still waiting for eligibility check to get completed. Only difference is I have a long relationship with axis with two savings account and two credit cards. But doubtful about the approval tho
I guess I was lucky,
having no prior relationship with axis,
Applied for Airtel axis and it got approved in 1 day 😛
That too With a decent limit 😉