• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Weird Indian obsession with UPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I can never understand why Indians are so obsessed with UPI. It's ok for small payments like Rs20 at a small vendor who doesn't accept cards. At larger shops, where you can simply tap your credit or debit card in a second, I see educated, well off looking people fumble with UPI apps, entering the amount, then their pin and often the scan doesn't work or the payment doesn't go through because of cellular network inside the store and so on. So much time wasted along with the hassle. Yesterday, I was behind a lady at Haldirams and she tried to scan 10 times and the cashier had to reset the scan screen multiple times. UPI is great when the user is poor or uneducated and doesn't have a credit card or when the establishment doesn't accept them. Why are educated people with credit cards so enamoured of it? Isn't it better to just tap your credit card and get 1 to 3% cashback or points and skip the hassle?

People can fumble in entering the card's PIN too and sometimes even POS machines can indefinitely take time to catch the payment.
I've trust issues and disabled tap and pay on all my cards.
I just prefer PIN validation, and almost every time caught me off-guard when entering the PIN in those machines that changes the number pattern after every single digit.

You might say maybe I'm poor and that's ok. Making sure that money gets deducted properly is any time better than letting go in uncertainty just to keep a don't care face in front of people I don't even know.
And people usually go to eateries and shopping for fun, few minutes here and there doesn't really matter.
If I get problems in UPI more than twice, I just let people behind me go ahead till I sort out what is up with the phone.
Just enable tap and pay. No need for any pin.

Bhay gaali khane ka mann hai kya 🤣?

You can transaction upto 5 Lacs using UPI

As you mentioned larger shop, contactless transaction can't be done of more than 5k at once while UPI has immense high limit of 5L for big merchants. And for small it's 2L.

Yes, the same case can be in card too, maybe contactless didn't work, POS didn't work, card stopped working due to wear & tear.

It's all about hassle. Many UPI card easily offers 1-2% cashback. People with credit card prefer scanning QR directly using UPI than craving for Ace (2%) card or other milestone cards. Major people don't have those cards which offers more than 2% cashback offline. So they prefer easy 1% cashback everywhere with UPI than researching on technofino/other forum for different different cashback & cards. That is what convenience for them.

The problem: Main motive of creating this thread was just that lady who just wasted (maybe 5 minutes, I believe not more than that) your/others just because her UPI/Bank server/internet connection didn't work. And you got furious 😤 & created a thread here 🤣.

The same case can happen with card too.

I would suggest you to have patience & keep calm 😉 in life.

Peace 🕊️✌️.
I am perfectly clam. I wasn’t furious at her. It was a simple question. My simple point was that for people who have a card and at places where cards are easily accepted, why do people choose a more difficult option?
If you are paying several lakhs then you are missing out even more rewards on the card plus various offers from banks that provide discounts.

What is wrong with that sentence? That is my main question.
Bro, "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

I am fully support you.

If anyone have to know how debit/credit card will beneficiary for you.

Everyone must read my full comment about how 5% cashback SBI Cashback credit card and 2% cashback RBL Signature+ debit card offer. You guys are losing this reward cashback everyday and then decide -

100% agree with you. Please god sake don't change your mind because of these people.

Ignore all unpadh, gawar, uneducated, poor people's commentators. You guys dnt know, debit/credit cards is more rewarding, your 2nd income source, if you choose the right credit card and debit card.

We need to educate them. Share credit card benefits to your friend, family and other people here. I have always doing this to educate them.

Just like you bro, i rarely use UPI and i always use my 8 SBI Cashback credit card (from all my family members) for online and offline through this trick and got approx 3% for offline transaction and 5% for online transaction.

I also repay my bills using my total 8 RBL Signature+ debit card (from all my family members) and get another 2% cashback upto 2000 per month.

Total you can say approx upto 7% benefit.

For example -

1)
SBI Cashback credit card offer 5% cashback on all Online transaction or if you like UPi and want to use offline transaction then load money to QWtag wallet via OLA gateway with www olacabs com merchant name and pay only 2.29% charges and earn approx 3% upto Rs3000 and use QWtag Wallet UPI to pay your offline payment.

More details -

2) SBI Cashback credit card offer 5% cashback for Utility, Insurance, Education fee, Fastag or bank transfer -

More details -

3) Trick to buy total 1 lakh month Amazon gift card for Utiltiy, Insurance and other thing using SBI Cashback credit card and get 5% upto Rs5000 cashback.

Note - currently CC option remove from this website but dnt wory it will come back within a dew days.

4) Also told them to apply new SBI Cashback credit card with Cashkaro like affiliate website to get Flat Rs1800 cashback on their bank account on card approved (first 2 years fee will easily recovered).

link - https://cashkaro.com/stores/sbi-cashback-card-dm-1800

Now lets talk about Debit card -

5)
Apply RBL Signature+ debit card and get 2% cashback per month on Credit card bill payment and Wallet spend.

More details -

Use RBL Signature+ debit card. Best debit card ever and get approx 2% Cashback on Wallet and Credit card bill repayment too.

Return Ratio:
If you max. out the spends, i.e. 1L per month X 12= 12L in a year, you receive:
  1. 1000 GV per month X 12 = 12K points
  2. 5000 GV per year X 1 = 5K points
Total= 17K on an effective joining fee of (5900-5000)= 900 INR. Renewal fee anyway will be Zero from next year upon spending 3L+ in previous year.
  • Return Percentage for 1st year= (17K-900)/12L ~ 1.34%
  • Return percentage next year onwards= 17K/12L ~ 1.41%
Best Value: If your spends aren’t that high, hitting 5L in a year is the sweet spot.

In 1st year You get 5K Monthly + 5K Annual benefit = (10K-900)/5L ~ 1.82%

And next year onwards you get (5K + 5K)/5L ~ 2%

If you spend more than 12L in a year, return value goes downwards. As you can see, this card holds good till annual spends of 12L max only (preferably 1L per month spend with minimum 10K in a month to earn cashbacks as GV)

GVs available: Wide range of GVs with multiple price points are available for redemption against both Welcome/ Monthly benefits. Notable ones are Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Bigbasket etc.

If you want to know where you spend RBL Signature+ debit card -

Paytm app - direct use debit card for cc bill repayment or Paytm wallet load

mobikwik app - cc bill repayment

CheQ app - cc bill repayment

Bajaj app - cc bill repayment

Payzapp app - cc bill repayment

Cred app - cc bill repayment (pay more than Rs50,001+ or selected user 10,001+ and get debit card option)

Amazon full kyc wallet - load and spend anywhere via Amazon wallet UPI for bank transfer/cc bill repayment or merchant transaction via UPI.

Slice full kyc wallet - load and spend anywhere via Slice wallet UPI for bank transfer/cc bill repayment or merchant transaction via UPI.

@Lobogris Share this offer links with your friends, family, colleague, neighbours, telegram groups, all your whatsapp groups, twitter, facebook, create a youtube channel and post a video and educate them, also share your youtube video link here, i will share with other people. This is the one and only way, they will understand credit card and debit card is more rewarding.

Ofcourse not all credit card and debit card is rewarding, first we need to share SBI cashback credit card and RBL Signature+ debit card offers and reward benefit with them then they will understand. How much they are losing every day.
Or yaha pr cut copy paste option ka behtarin istemaal hote hue

In India people consider credit card as a burden as it is a credit product. With UPI (a life changing innovation) it gives them a mental peace to deal with cashless payment.
That would be fine for those who choose not to have a credit card. I was talking about people who have cards and use them but still prefer UPI at POS at big chains, expensive shops, restaurants etc.

habibi come to INDIA and see power of UPI QR everywhere. :ROFLMAO:
No need to Install whole POS device setup.
Fully Swadesi UPI and Rupay gateway in India make pain in Visa and Mastercard head
I am talking about India only. You are looking at it from the perspective of the merchant. I am talking about a customer perspective. You have both options. Why choose the more difficult one?

I also use UPI despite having multiple credit cards because

1. I don't carry any credit card in my wallet because if my credit card gets lost/stolen it would be a hassle to collect the replacement card because I stay in other state far away from my home and my home address is registered in all my credit cards.

2. I use neu infinity credit card through UPI which gives 1.5% rewards as well.

3. I have tokenized my VISA credit cards and added them to Gpay so that I will be able do tap and pay transactions as well if needed but I have never used it till now.

4. You can't pay more than 5k in single transaction through tap and pay. For UPI the limit is much higher.
Then don’t carry phone either as it can get lost as well!

One more reason I think UPI is so popular is because Merchants also prefer taking payments via UPI to avoid MDR. They usually keep the POS machine in the corner, while the QR code is kept in front of the counter or other convenient places. So this makes users feel UPI is more convenient.
It’s obviously better for the merchant. I was talking from a customer point of view. Places like Haldirams where they charge 250 plus for a dosa or Starbucks where coffee is 300 plus don’t deserve any sympathy from me for paying MDR charges. I am talking about people paying at such places. If a small merchant asked me to pay via UPI as he can’t afford credit card charges then I would definitely help him out.

People are getting confused. Obviously its every person’s choice. I am not stopping anyone. I was only trying to understand why people are preferring a more difficult option. In fact, I had a polite discussion with her later and she said it is individual preference. Had a similar discussion at a petrol station recently where a police officer (on a family holiday) was struggling to pay via UPI and his son was trying to help and it took them over 5 minutes while I tapped my card in a second and got 6.25% cashback on SBI BPCL Octane. He didn’t really have a logical reason and said similar things like UPI is easy bla bla. I think people are just used to it and fail to see the beauty of card tap and pay.

Most of the time I use UPI as it's so convenient and there is no need to carry your wallet.

Also it is probably the fastest mode of payment.

Most of the time, I scan while the bill is getting generated, so by the time the bill amount is known, I just type the amount and done....in seconds...

With card it is slower, after the bill is generated, I have to wait for the guy to feed that amount in to the PoS machine, which then takes some time to load, then I have to put in the PIN (unnecessary physical contact) as tap doesn't work for larger transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back