• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Weird Indian obsession with UPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I can never understand why Indians are so obsessed with UPI. It's ok for small payments like Rs20 at a small vendor who doesn't accept cards. At larger shops, where you can simply tap your credit or debit card in a second, I see educated, well off looking people fumble with UPI apps, entering the amount, then their pin and often the scan doesn't work or the payment doesn't go through because of cellular network inside the store and so on. So much time wasted along with the hassle. Yesterday, I was behind a lady at Haldirams and she tried to scan 10 times and the cashier had to reset the scan screen multiple times. UPI is great when the user is poor or uneducated and doesn't have a credit card or when the establishment doesn't accept them. Why are educated people with credit cards so enamoured of it? Isn't it better to just tap your credit card and get 1 to 3% cashback or points and skip the hassle?

One more reason I think UPI is so popular is because Merchants also prefer taking payments via UPI to avoid MDR. They usually keep the POS machine in the corner, while the QR code is kept in front of the counter or other convenient places. So this makes users feel UPI is more convenient.

Majnu Bhai GIF

Thread padke maza toh zaroor aaya...😂

I can never understand why Indians are so obsessed with UPI. It's ok for small payments like Rs20 at a small vendor who doesn't accept cards. At larger shops, where you can simply tap your credit or debit card in a second, I see educated, well off looking people fumble with UPI apps, entering the amount, then their pin and often the scan doesn't work or the payment doesn't go through because of cellular network inside the store and so on. So much time wasted along with the hassle. Yesterday, I was behind a lady at Haldirams and she tried to scan 10 times and the cashier had to reset the scan screen multiple times. UPI is great when the user is poor or uneducated and doesn't have a credit card or when the establishment doesn't accept them. Why are educated people with credit cards so enamoured of it? Isn't it better to just tap your credit card and get 1 to 3% cashback or points and skip the hassle?
100% agree with you. Please god sake don't change your mind because of these people.

Ignore all unpadh, gawar, uneducated, poor people's commentators. You guys dnt know, debit/credit cards is more rewarding, your 2nd income source, if you choose the right credit card and debit card.

How am I stopping anyone from living or even from using UPI? It was a simple question. Isn't the purpose of this forum to discuss things?
We need to educate them. Share credit card benefits to your friend, family and other people here. I have always doing this to educate them.

Just like you bro, i rarely use UPI and i always use my 8 SBI Cashback credit card (from all my family members) for online and offline through this trick and got approx 3% for offline transaction and 5% for online transaction.

I also repay my bills using my total 8 RBL Signature+ debit card (from all my family members) and get another 2% cashback upto 2000 per month.

Total you can say approx upto 7% benefit.

For example -

1)
SBI Cashback credit card offer 5% cashback on all Online transaction or if you like UPi and want to use offline transaction then load money to QWtag wallet via OLA gateway with www olacabs com merchant name and pay only 2.29% charges and earn approx 3% upto Rs3000 and use QWtag Wallet UPI to pay your offline payment.

More details -

2) SBI Cashback credit card offer 5% cashback for Utility, Insurance, Education fee, Fastag or bank transfer -

More details -

3) Trick to buy total 1 lakh month Amazon gift card for Utiltiy, Insurance and other thing using SBI Cashback credit card and get 5% upto Rs5000 cashback.

Note - currently CC option remove from this website but dnt wory it will come back within a dew days.

4) Also told them to apply new SBI Cashback credit card with Cashkaro like affiliate website to get Flat Rs1800 cashback on their bank account on card approved (first 2 years fee will easily recovered).

link - https://cashkaro.com/stores/sbi-cashback-card-dm-1800

Now lets talk about Debit card -

5)
Apply RBL Signature+ debit card and get 2% cashback per month on Credit card bill payment and Wallet spend.

More details -

Use RBL Signature+ debit card. Best debit card ever and get approx 2% Cashback on Wallet and Credit card bill repayment too.

Return Ratio:
If you max. out the spends, i.e. 1L per month X 12= 12L in a year, you receive:
  1. 1000 GV per month X 12 = 12K points
  2. 5000 GV per year X 1 = 5K points
Total= 17K on an effective joining fee of (5900-5000)= 900 INR. Renewal fee anyway will be Zero from next year upon spending 3L+ in previous year.
  • Return Percentage for 1st year= (17K-900)/12L ~ 1.34%
  • Return percentage next year onwards= 17K/12L ~ 1.41%
Best Value: If your spends aren’t that high, hitting 5L in a year is the sweet spot.

In 1st year You get 5K Monthly + 5K Annual benefit = (10K-900)/5L ~ 1.82%

And next year onwards you get (5K + 5K)/5L ~ 2%

If you spend more than 12L in a year, return value goes downwards. As you can see, this card holds good till annual spends of 12L max only (preferably 1L per month spend with minimum 10K in a month to earn cashbacks as GV)

GVs available: Wide range of GVs with multiple price points are available for redemption against both Welcome/ Monthly benefits. Notable ones are Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Bigbasket etc.

If you want to know where you spend RBL Signature+ debit card -

Paytm app - direct use debit card for cc bill repayment or Paytm wallet load

mobikwik app - cc bill repayment

CheQ app - cc bill repayment

Bajaj app - cc bill repayment

Payzapp app - cc bill repayment

Cred app - cc bill repayment (pay more than Rs50,001+ or selected user 10,001+ and get debit card option)

Amazon full kyc wallet - load and spend anywhere via Amazon wallet UPI for bank transfer/cc bill repayment or merchant transaction via UPI.

Slice full kyc wallet - load and spend anywhere via Slice wallet UPI for bank transfer/cc bill repayment or merchant transaction via UPI.

@Lobogris Share this offer links with your friends, family, colleague, neighbours, telegram groups, all your whatsapp groups, twitter, facebook, create a youtube channel and post a video and educate them, also share your youtube video link here, i will share with other people. This is the one and only way, they will understand credit card and debit card is more rewarding.

Ofcourse not all credit card and debit card is rewarding, first we need to share SBI cashback credit card and RBL Signature+ debit card offers and reward benefit with them then they will understand. How much they are losing every day.

100% agree with you. Please god sake don't change your mind because of these people.

Ignore all unpadh, gawar, uneducated, poor people's commentators. You guys dnt know, debit/credit cards is more rewarding, your 2nd income source, if you choose the right credit card and debit card.

We need to educate them. Share credit card benefits to your friend, family and other people here. I have always doing this to educate them.

Just like you bro, i rarely use UPI and i always use my 8 SBI Cashback credit card (from all my family members) for online and offline through this trick and got approx 3% for offline transaction and 5% for online transaction.

I also repay my bills using my total 8 RBL Signature+ debit card (from all my family members) and get another 2% cashback upto 2000 per month.

For example -

1)
SBI Cashback credit card offer 5% cashback on all Online transaction or if you like UPi and want to use offline transaction then load money to QWtag wallet via OLA gateway with www olacabs com merchant name and pay only 2.29% charges and earn approx 3% upto Rs3000 and use QWtag Wallet UPI to pay your offline payment.

More details -

2) SBI Cashback credit card offer 5% cashback for Utility, Insurance, Education fee, Fastag or bank transfer -

More details -

3) Trick to buy total 1 lakh month Amazon gift card for Utiltiy, Insurance and other thing using SBI Cashback credit card and get 5% upto Rs5000 cashback.

Note - currently CC option remove from this website but dnt wory it will come back within a dew days.

4) Also told them to apply new SBI Cashback credit card with Cashkaro like affiliate website to get Flat Rs1800 cashback on their bank account on card approved (first 2 years fee will easily recovered).

5)
Apply RBL Signature+ debit card and get 2% cashback per month on Credit card bill payment and Wallet spend.

More details -

Use RBL Signature+ debit card. Best debit card ever and get approx 2% Cashback on Wallet and Credit card bill repayment too.

Return Ratio:
Total= 17K on an effective joining fee of (5900-5000)= 900 INR. Renewal fee anyway will be Zero from next year upon spending 3L+ in previous year.
Best Value: If your spends aren’t that high, hitting 5L in a year is the sweet spot.

If you spend more than 12L in a year, return value goes downwards. As you can see, this card holds good till annual spends of 12L max only (preferably 1L per month spend with minimum 10K in a month to earn cashbacks as GV)

GVs available: Wide range of GVs with multiple price points are available for redemption against both Welcome/ Monthly benefits. Notable ones are Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Bigbasket etc.

Cred app - cc bill repayment (pay more than Rs50,001+ or selected user 10,001+ and get debit card option)

Amazon full kyc wallet - load and spend anywhere via Amazon wallet UPI for bank transfer/cc bill repayment or merchant transaction via UPI.

Slice full kyc wallet - load and spend anywhere via Slice wallet UPI for bank transfer/cc bill repayment or merchant transaction via UPI.

@Lobogris Share this offer links with your friends, family, colleague, neighbours, telegram groups, all your whatsapp groups, twitter, facebook, create a youtube channel and post a video and educate them, also share your youtube video link here, i will share with other people. This is the one and only way, they will understand credit card and debit card is more rewarding.

Ofcourse not all credit card and debit card is rewarding, first we need to share SBI cashback credit card and RBL Signature+ debit card offers and reward benefit with them then they will understand. How much they are losing every day.
Abhishake ko mauka chahiye threads promote karne ka 🤣.

For example -

1)

More details -

More details -

5)

More details -

Return Ratio:

Sabse phle isko tap and pay karo

Paying with UPI:

Step 1: Scan QR.
Step 2: Enter PIN

Payment done!

Paying with a credit card:

Step 1: Show Amex Card.

saaar, this is not accepted.

Step 2: Bring out your HDFC DCB card.

saaaaar, this is not working in machine.

Step 3: Pull out your low-reward visa credit card to save further embarrassment.

Step 4: Remember to pay the bill by the deadline.

Step 5: Cry about the late fees to PNO because you were late by a day in paying back the bill.

Not everyone wants rewards, not everyone wants to fly business class, some people prefer a normal stress free life and there's nothing wrong with it.
For people like us who would die for rewards, carry 15 credit cards, we're amazing too but not everyone wants to be us and that's okay!

UPI was made to make lives simple, ease the transactions and reduce the usage of cash which has been successful so it's a great innovation! :)
Paying with card:
1. Tap it and done.

Paying via UPI;
1. Take out phone from bag. Card is small and can stay in the pocket.
2. Unlock phone.
3. Look for and find UPI app
4. Unlock UPI app.
5. Find scan option.
6. Try and scan and see if it works
7. Ask the amount to be paid and enter it
8. Press pay and try to figure out which account to select. Sometimes accounts get delinked or app needs revaldiation.
9. Try and remember UPI passcode and enter it.
10. Wait for payment and show it to cashier

I also use UPI despite having multiple credit cards because

1. I don't carry any credit card in my wallet because if my credit card gets lost/stolen it would be a hassle to collect the replacement card because I stay in other state far away from my home and my home address is registered in all my credit cards.

2. I use neu infinity credit card through UPI which gives 1.5% rewards as well.

3. I have tokenized my VISA credit cards and added them to Gpay so that I will be able do tap and pay transactions as well if needed but I have never used it till now.

4. You can't pay more than 5k in single transaction through tap and pay. For UPI the limit is much higher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back